Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

Headset should be SLT and most likely standard CeramicSpeed bearings. Same goes for BB.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

kode54 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:06 pm
Not sure if anyone else has ordered the new integrated aero handlebar/stem. The computer mount v.10 was suppose to be included but was not in the box. I mentioned to Factor that it was not included and they replied back that it was. Sadly, their customer service has gone downhill as this is the second time this has happened to me. Once before, it was the regular barstem. I'm guessing that the computer mount is factored into the price as it is $675.

So if anyone is ordering one...do so with the emphasis towards mentioning the mount...making sure it will be included in the sale as it says so on their website.
I'm not going to order one as the mount is $70 plus $35 shipping to me.
Edit: Factor got back to me re: the mount. Back and forth on emails so they will or might send me one.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

extrusionedwin wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:33 am
FACTOR OSTRO 
frame size: 56
total weigth : 6.9kgs
nice!!!
How the hell did you get it so light??? Looking at your parts, it all looks very standard... and I would assume that paint job is one of the heavier ones.

Mine in a size 54 with custom BRG (ie full green vs the stock) currently weighs in just a touch over 7kg, with Galfer rotors, roval alpinist CLX II, the lightweight sworks tyres, DA 9170, mandible bottle cages, BI integrated mount with light mount, and favero PM pedals.

So 6.9 for that just seems crazy??

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

the wheelset is the key rim 50mm with weigth only 1300 grams, inner tube is ridenow with 24grams a pair, michelin power cup 25c 216grams, it is more better than the tubeless system, because you need to put in tubeless sealant 60ml, it is more heavier. So using the open tyre with super ligth inner tubes it can reduce 100grams more.
for the seat saddle is selle italia bost slr superflow, the weigth is only 125 grams, Standart saddle weigth is 186 grams more or less. So all can reduce weigth.

the other way to reduce more weigth is changing the tyre to Maxxis High road SL, the weigth is only 175 grams with inner tube 24grams, it is under 200 grams,
I can save for each wheel 39grams x 2= almost 80 grams more.

maybe the next time

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Has anyone tried the Black Inc Twenty wheels?

I was looking for a wheel to complement my BlackInc 45s. I know there are Farsports/etc wheels that are lighter, but the BI with CS bearings, pretty cool IMO.

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

Does anyone have any real pictures of the new chameleon color on the ostro vam? Wanted a flickr but no longer available. The chameleon looks sick! Always wanted something, but it does look pretty purple to me.

TerrytheSeagull

by TerrytheSeagull

MrRolandos wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:11 pm
Does anyone have any real pictures of the new chameleon color on the ostro vam? Wanted a flickr but no longer available. The chameleon looks sick! Always wanted something, but it does look pretty purple to me.
I had the raw/chrome Ostro on order but a few days after placing my order I saw the new colourways. I contacted factor and had my order changed to chameleon. The photos look a bit purple, but at least it won't be a black bike like everyone else has!

kode54

by kode54

And what's wrong with a black bike? I can wear lots of colorful kits and not worry about color clashes. ;P
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

AXA

by AXA

Can anyone suggest a good direct mount hanger?

kode54

by kode54

I use the direct mount hanger that Factor sells.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

How are they black inc bottle holders? Are they any good? I wanted to get arundel mandibles but I heard they grib too good on camelbak podium 710ml's that its annoying to get out and in.

doogie2304

by doogie2304

MrRolandos wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:22 am
How are they black inc bottle holders? Are they any good? I wanted to get arundel mandibles but I heard they grib too good on camelbak podium 710ml's that its annoying to get out and in.
I have Mandibles with Camelbak podium 710ml on my Ostro Vam and 2 other bikes. No trouble getting bottle in or out, but more importantly, never had one bounce out...

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Isn't Ostro due for an update soon?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

tomtom

by tomtom

extrusionedwin wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:33 am
FACTOR OSTRO 
frame size: 56
total weigth : 6.9kgs
nice!!!
Nice :thumbup: ! What kind of cage is it? Faster, lighter, better.....?
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DieselEngine

by DieselEngine

I've had the Ostro Vam for a year now, love it, ordered with the "SIXTY" wheels. But recently saw a youtube video where Alex Dowsett (now retired) mentioned disatisfaction with the Factor wheels (unspecified reasons/wheels so who knows). But unfortunately for me, also saw on youtube a video for Winspace 67s which looked light and really good, I'd had winspace before so really tempted. So, any excuse to get faster, I bought the winspace. Anyway, having tried the winspace on a local loop @33kmh ish for 70 mins vs the same on factor wheels, at similar power the winspace are not faster.. Slightly lighter, slightly twitchier too, they feel faster tbf, and (to my eye) are better looking, but timing says if anything they are slower than the SIXTYs. I am running both with GP5000s, 28mm front/rear on the SIXTYs and 25/28mm front rear on the winspace. Anyway anecdotal evidence at best, but if like me you are always looking for something different and are thinking of switching the SIXTYs out, I'd not bother..