Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DaniRoadMTB

by DaniRoadMTB

sigma wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:38 pm
DaniRoadMTB wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:56 pm
Nice, looks indeed like real gold- Now I have to decide between ostro vam and trek madone :-D
I've wondered whether Ostro versus Emonda is a better comparison. I've also wondered why the Ostro is one of the few TDF bikes not tested by Tour magazine (after being around for two years now).
Ostro is much more Aero for alost the same weight plus it is more customizable, e.g. with Darimo Seapost. emonda seatpost looks rather ugly with the big screw sticking out, round seatpost, not good cable integration for the cockpit, etc.. I think the Ostro is the better bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Creative79

by Creative79

good afternoon and happy 2023. Does anyone know the weight savings of going from Shimano durace 53/39 cranks to aldhu carbon 53/39 rotor? is that I want to lose weight to my other factor

tmanley

by tmanley

Creative79 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:13 pm
good afternoon and happy 2023. Does anyone know the weight savings of going from Shimano durace 53/39 cranks to aldhu carbon 53/39 rotor? is that I want to lose weight to my other factor
I made the switch and I think the savings was somewhere around 200-250g. I went with the lightest Aldhu crank option and it's been great.

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

tmanley wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:28 am
Creative79 wrote:
I made the switch and I think the savings was somewhere around 200-250g. I went with the lightest Aldhu crank option and it's been great.
How's the shifting performance? I have DA9170 and was considering swapping just the crank, but if the shifting with the chainrings is still great, I might consider doing that too.

tmanley

by tmanley

No shifting issues

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

sigma wrote:
owlbass wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:22 pm
DaniRoadMTB wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:01 am
owlbass wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:07 pm
Hello,

Just ordered a custom painted Ostro VAM Naked Carbon Gloss with gold logos in a 54. I was hoping someone could give me an idea about seatpost length. My saddle height is 735mm and was wondeirng what size Darimo to order? I'll email Factor but thought to ask here as well. I know Darimo can take a while so wanted to get this order in asap.
Is this the Olympic Gold from their Prisma Studio? I would also be interested in a frame with gold logos, but their olympic gold rather looks like orange- but maybe it is just the computer screen.. Would be very interested in seeing some real life pictures :roll:
It is the Olympic Gold and I completley agree about it looking oragne. I was looking at #FactorOstro on Instagram and came across it in real life. Looks completely differnt. I was just going to order the Chrome color before I found the pic of Naked Carbon/Olympic Gold gloss. I'll try and find the pic again and post it.
Here is a pic of the olympic gold and matte finish naked carbon via Prisma Studio. It was posted on the Factor Owners group. It's probably the scheme I would do.
Fashion cyclist gear combo.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

MysticRiver

by MysticRiver

Conradsleight wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:20 am
tmanley wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:28 am
Creative79 wrote:
How's the shifting performance? I have DA9170 and was considering swapping just the crank, but if the shifting with the chainrings is still great, I might consider doing that too.

Wouldn't going to SRAM Dub Crank/Axle be even lighter?

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

tmanley wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:32 am
No shifting issues
That's good to hear. Any chance you know which options you need to pick when ordering for the Ostro?

Specifically wondering for:

Axle, spider, spacer, and bottom bracket.

I assume no need for a bottom bracket (can just keep the existing CS one?), but not sure about the other options.

tmanley

by tmanley

My Rotor configuration was the following:

Axle - 30mm Standard Road
Crank - Aldhu Carbon Superlight
Spacers - Standard Road Kit (bought these just in case I needed them)
BB - Factor uses the 30mm T47 CeramicSpeed BB (Factor ships the 24mm Wheels MFG BBRight reducers/adaptors with the bike - at least it did with mine - in case you want to use something like the Dura-ace crankset)

sigma

by sigma

wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:40 am
sigma wrote:
owlbass wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:22 pm
DaniRoadMTB wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:01 am

Is this the Olympic Gold from their Prisma Studio? I would also be interested in a frame with gold logos, but their olympic gold rather looks like orange- but maybe it is just the computer screen.. Would be very interested in seeing some real life pictures :roll:
It is the Olympic Gold and I completley agree about it looking oragne. I was looking at #FactorOstro on Instagram and came across it in real life. Looks completely differnt. I was just going to order the Chrome color before I found the pic of Naked Carbon/Olympic Gold gloss. I'll try and find the pic again and post it.
Here is a pic of the olympic gold and matte finish naked carbon via Prisma Studio. It was posted on the Factor Owners group. It's probably the scheme I would do.
Fashion cyclist gear combo.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
Never hurts to look good when you are passing...
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

sigma

by sigma

DaniRoadMTB wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:58 pm
sigma wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:38 pm
DaniRoadMTB wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:56 pm
Nice, looks indeed like real gold- Now I have to decide between ostro vam and trek madone :-D
I've wondered whether Ostro versus Emonda is a better comparison. I've also wondered why the Ostro is one of the few TDF bikes not tested by Tour magazine (after being around for two years now).
Ostro is much more Aero for alost the same weight plus it is more customizable, e.g. with Darimo Seapost. emonda seatpost looks rather ugly with the big screw sticking out, round seatpost, not good cable integration for the cockpit, etc.. I think the Ostro is the better bike.
I probably don't disagree with you but I am always suprised by how bikes "look" aerowise versus how they test (which has it's own set of issues of course too).
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

Hi,
Is it exist a "cheaper" T47A bottom bracket for the ostro ?
Thanks

kode54

by kode54

Factor includes a T47A with all their framesets. Use that...since it is included.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Diverse

by Diverse

1sanglier wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:11 pm
Hi,
Is it exist a "cheaper" T47A bottom bracket for the ostro ?
Thanks
Yes, you can order Rotor t47a BB set (for 30mm spindle) from bike-components for something under 70 EUR (for steel version)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

Thanks, don't exist for 24mm :( .