Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lina

by Lina

inertianinja wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:44 pm
Lina wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:05 pm
inertianinja wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:49 pm
can anyone recommend a handlebar with a 70mm reach?

the Ostro has a shorter reach than my last bike, but the effective TT is longer, so i'm about 6mm longer than usual. My fitter recommended a shorter stem, but I wouldn't mind a shorter reach handlebar to get the same result.

I'm looking at this right now: https://exs-cycling.com/products/aerove ... -handlebar
Reach is what matters for fitting. Your fit on a new bike should start by having your saddle in the same position in comparison to the BB. And once your saddle is in the same position then only reach and stack matter for fitting because you're in the same position over the BB as in your old bike. If your fitter doesn't start with this I'd strongly recommend finding a new fitter. Given your old bike had a position that was good for you and you're trying to transfer that to the new bike.
Yes, i know.

When moving to this bike, I took into account everything else, except I didn't notice that the handlebars were 10mm longer reach than my prior. I had a Retul fit last year, this is what led me to look for the 70mm reach now.
Then why did you start by talking about something completely irrelevant like effective TT? Also shorter stem with longer reach bars is better combination than longer stem with short reach bars. You get more different positions out of the bars with longer reach, instead of just having different hand positions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tiaxx

by Tiaxx

So i had a crash, nothing too serious and i think i now have a bent piece on my Ostro. I'm a total noob when it comes to bike parts and bike repairs, so i don't know the name of the piece, but it's the piece where the rear derailleur is attached to. Any ideas if that piece is proprietary from Factor? Or will my LBS be able to replace the piece with a universal one of some sorts?

Here is the piece in question i'm talking about...

kode54

by kode54

With all Factor bikes, they always supply a spare hanger. Look in the pizza box and you’ll find it there. I have had 5 Factor frames including the current Ostro and first gen LS. All came with spares.

Do not have the LBS use a different one or have them fabricate anything.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

inertianinja wrote:
Lina wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:05 pm
inertianinja wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:49 pm
can anyone recommend a handlebar with a 70mm reach?

the Ostro has a shorter reach than my last bike, but the effective TT is longer, so i'm about 6mm longer than usual. My fitter recommended a shorter stem, but I wouldn't mind a shorter reach handlebar to get the same result.

I'm looking at this right now: https://exs-cycling.com/products/aerove ... -handlebar
Reach is what matters for fitting. Your fit on a new bike should start by having your saddle in the same position in comparison to the BB. And once your saddle is in the same position then only reach and stack matter for fitting because you're in the same position over the BB as in your old bike. If your fitter doesn't start with this I'd strongly recommend finding a new fitter. Given your old bike had a position that was good for you and you're trying to transfer that to the new bike.
Yes, i know.

When moving to this bike, I took into account everything else, except I didn't notice that the handlebars were 10mm longer reach than my prior. I had a Retul fit last year, this is what led me to look for the 70mm reach now.
Also, if using 12-speed Shimano group, the hoods are about 6mm longer (I forget the exact length).
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Tiaxx

by Tiaxx

kode54 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:20 pm
With all Factor bikes, they always supply a spare hanger. Look in the pizza box and you’ll find it there. I have had 5 Factor frames including the current Ostro and first gen LS. All came with spares.

Do not have the LBS use a different one or have them fabricate anything.

Thank you very much.

allrandomletters

by allrandomletters

New bike weekend. 16.3 lbs as pictured, minus the full bottles.
IMG_4243.jpg

skiparock

by skiparock

New standard paint, cameleon for +100
Attachments
ostro.PNG

jayjay

by jayjay

skiparock wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:13 pm
New standard paint, cameleon for +100
nice paint!

inertianinja

by inertianinja

New Seatpost for the Ostro?
on mobile, I can't link directly but it's about 1/3 down the page.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pa ... mens-race/

seventyseven

by seventyseven

Think that's the post they are shipping with the Ostro Gravel.

P-R:
N2iXmsS3gShabtKifHwzY9-970-80.jpg
Ostro Gravel:
pdp_hero_og_udgloss_ds_v2.png

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

Very very good news actually
Single bolt clamping was not ideal
simply blabla-ing

kode54

by kode54

Not sure if anyone else has ordered the new integrated aero handlebar/stem. The computer mount v.10 was suppose to be included but was not in the box. I mentioned to Factor that it was not included and they replied back that it was. Sadly, their customer service has gone downhill as this is the second time this has happened to me. Once before, it was the regular barstem. I'm guessing that the computer mount is factored into the price as it is $675.

So if anyone is ordering one...do so with the emphasis towards mentioning the mount...making sure it will be included in the sale as it says so on their website.
I'm not going to order one as the mount is $70 plus $35 shipping to me.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

FACTOR OSTRO 
frame size: 56
total weigth : 6.9kgs
nice!!!

kode54

by kode54

First Duke I’ve seen on WW. Looks great!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

Need some help here - can anyone tell me the CeramicSpeed BB & Headset that is supplied with the bike is the Coated or the Standard bearing versions? Thanks a million

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com