New Scott foil.. at last!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

RDY wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:02 pm
Safa's riding it in Madeira currently.

Scott should have got rid of their laughable marketing mumbo jumbo (and team responsible) and just commissioned more videos of him ridiing it.

Well as along as he's in Madeira, he can't crash it on Deer Creek.

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Does anyone know if you can use any bar/stem combo with this bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:21 am
Different headset cover and yes.

ivonenand

by ivonenand

I guess using a 950ml water bottle on the seat tube is not an option for this frame? Even the 500ml on the pictures may be problematic to get in/out of the holder...

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:23 am
mrbrown4001 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:21 am
Different headset cover and yes.
They're making a headset adaptor for conventional stems? still limited choice though because of the oversized steerer

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

pmprego wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:53 pm
They either develop something entirely new, completely focused on being aero (and ugly like the new canyon aeroad) or they just stick with a more aero addict and pull a specialized move and kill the foil. There is no room for both.
The Aeroad looks great imo. Tastes differ you know. Why would there not be room for both? Which other company other than Specialized does not have both an aero and a climbing bike? I can't come up with any, at least from the big brands.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:17 pm
pmprego wrote:
They either develop something entirely new, completely focused on being aero (and ugly like the new canyon aeroad) or they just stick with a more aero addict and pull a specialized move and kill the foil. There is no room for both.
The Aeroad looks great imo. Tastes differ you know. Why would there not be room for both? Which other company other than Specialized does not have both an aero and a climbing bike? I can't come up with any, at least from the big brands.
Depends how you view the Aethos and if you consider no updates in a while to still be an offering (cough cough Cdale SysSix). Speaking of pricy bikes, the Cdale SSE HiMod DA Di2 for 2023 released at 13K USD. Another one trying to make a fool and their money dearly departed

TLN

by TLN

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:17 pm
pmprego wrote:
I think companys can see sales numbers. If tarmac was good enough to kill venge other companies will follow.
I can imagine not many owners buy "extra 10w at 45kmh" statements.
Lets see if other brands will follow ultralight aethos concept. I'm not into it, but I always welcome new ideas and healthy competition
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:37 am
The seatpost design is what Canyon should have done on the Aeroad.
Agree with this. Maybe not quite as much compliance, but a much better design. And love the integrated taillight, which can then be removed for charging.

pmprego

by pmprego

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:34 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:37 am
The seatpost design is what Canyon should have done on the Aeroad.
Agree with this. Maybe not quite as much compliance, but a much better design. And love the integrated taillight, which can then be removed for charging.
The compliance of the system I imagine will depend on the designer's choice. Make a hairy thin seatpost and that thing will flex like crazy (and even break :mrgreen:).

That said, of course it'll be easier for other companies to see canyons mistake and imprive on it. I guess the criticism to canyon would be to not fully recognise their mistake and follow this approach for instance

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pmprego wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:14 pm

That said, of course it'll be easier for other companies to see canyons mistake and imprive on it. I guess the criticism to canyon would be to not fully recognise their mistake and follow this approach for instance

Here's the problem: Canyon didn't take the hint from how Specialized created plenty of clearance around the Roubaix seatpost.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Does anyone have any information regarding minimum seat heights with the Foil RC?

I have short legs for my height so I (almost) always have problems with minimum seat height with these types of posts.
I have a dealer here in Australia trying to chase up information from the Scott rep, but so far nothing. I also emailed Scott sports directly, but again, nothing yet.
Thanks

Ytse

by Ytse

ivonenand wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:23 pm
I guess using a 950ml water bottle on the seat tube is not an option for this frame? Even the 500ml on the pictures may be problematic to get in/out of the holder...
I don't have any experience with the new Foil, but on the Addict RC, it's definitely not an option. At least on my size 54, there is simply not enough clearance to get a large bottle out.
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

rainerhq

by rainerhq

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Anyone have any info on pricing/builds yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk