New Scott foil.. at last!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Adsy03

by Adsy03

My Scott Foil RC 20 2023 weighted around 7.8kg from 8.2kg with the following changes Sram red quarq power meters, schwable pro one set up tubeless. The rest was kept throwing same such as the capital 1 50 wheelset , rival FD and RD.

Changed the frame only to ultimate and now it's 8.2kg with the same components as above which I don't understand why it's heavier

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Adsy03 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:05 pm
Changed the frame only to ultimate and now it's 8.2kg with the same components as above which I don't understand why it's heavier
I'd have expected the Ultimate's HMXsl frame with 2023's "matte nude" finish to have 50-80 less grams of carbon and 50-100 less grams of paint compared to one of the HMX frames with a gloss paint job.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HBike

by HBike

Adsy03 wrote:
My Scott Foil RC 20 2023 weighted around 7.8kg from 8.2kg with the following changes Sram red quarq power meters, schwable pro one set up tubeless. The rest was kept throwing same such as the capital 1 50 wheelset , rival FD and RD.

That's weird. Either the scales don't work as intended or something is amiss (did you size up?). The SL frame is lighter (about 100g), axles should be lighter, too, paint can't be 500g heavier. The seatpost with elastic insert is about 80g heavier.
Is it the new silver color?

TheBelgian

by TheBelgian

HBike wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:31 am
That's weird. Either the scales don't work as intended or something is amiss (did you size up?). The SL frame is lighter (about 100g), axles should be lighter, too, paint can't be 500g heavier. The seatpost with elastic insert is about 80g heavier.
The SL frameset is only 45g lighter.

Frame 970g / Fork 440g
vs
Frame 985g / Fork 475g

Then again, has anyone ever weighted multiple identical framesets to see how big the delta is? I presume they don't all weigh exactly the same.
I think the axles are the same BTW.

HBike

by HBike

TheBelgian wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:17 pm
HBike wrote:
The SL frameset is only 45g lighter.

Frame 970g / Fork 440g
vs
Frame 985g / Fork 475g

Then again, has anyone ever weighted multiple identical framesets to see how big the delta is? I presume they don't all weigh exactly the same.
I think the axles are the same BTW.
No, I think it is an error. Almost all shops here in Germany report 915g. Additionally, here at WW people reported 955g/464g for size L (56) (could be Tour measurement as well).

aero2kreuzberg

by aero2kreuzberg

Hey all - back again - thanks for everyone's replies earlier. Not to bury the Qs other people wrote on previous page and this one, but wanted to share... on saturday I picked up my new 2023 RC 20. The only change they did was set up tubeless. I cannot believe how nice this bike is... I'm so in love, so addicted to how fast and smooth and solid it is. But- does anyone have a good solution for a bell or horn that fits the bars and matches the looks? Have been reading around but didn't see anything.

Last edited by aero2kreuzberg on Mon May 06, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HBike

by HBike

aero2kreuzberg wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 8:51 pm
Hey all - back again - thanks for everyone's replies earlier. Not to bury the Qs other people wrote on previous page and this one, but wanted to share... on saturday I picked up my new 2023 RC 20. The only change they did was set up tubeless. I cannot believe how nice this bike is... I'm so in love, so addicted to how fast and smooth and solid it is. But- does anyone have a good solution for a bell or horn that fits the bars and matches the looks? Have been reading around but didn't see anything.

Nice!
Is it a size L? How many cm of spacers do you have?

Adsy03

by Adsy03

aero2kreuzberg wrote:

What size did you get and did you weight it before and after getting it tubeless?

Adsy03

by Adsy03

HBike wrote:
Adsy03 wrote:

Is it the new silver color?
Three different scales were used including pro mechanic scale. It's the carbon raw 2023 model

MLSon

by MLSon

aero2kreuzberg wrote:

Hidemybell - Closethegap

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Considering upgrading from the 2023 red frame that came on the 30 to the 2024 rc Ultimate. Anyone know the weight saving? I am thinking the silver color is going to weigh a bit more then the red?

TheBelgian

by TheBelgian

MLSon wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 am
aero2kreuzberg wrote:

Hidemybell - Closethegap
This!

HBike

by HBike

Hapsmo911 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:17 am
Considering upgrading from the 2023 red frame that came on the 30 to the 2024 rc Ultimate. Anyone know the weight saving? I am thinking the silver color is going to weigh a bit more then the red?
There are some conflicting reports. Scott says 970g on their homepage, but most shops and reports when the bike came out say 915g. Probably depends what is included into the measurement. Here at WW some weights are reported (900g for a size L/56, including the front derailleur hanger + 21.5g for rear derailleur hanger):
viewtopic.php?t=163198&start=255#p1842152
Tour has measured the Ultimate frame at 955g (56).
An unpainted frame weighs 805g in 56 according to Scott:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/scott-la ... il-rc-bike
So I guess 105g difference for the framesets if the 915g value for the frame is correct.

MLSon

by MLSon

MLSon wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:45 pm
Hey chaps. So the TPU insert / new seat tube is a winner. Had some noise still but turned out to be the removable cap. However, again now my saddle is shifting.

I received a new saddle (Pro Stealth) under warranty when the new seat tube was installed, because the first one was pretty bad due all the shifting.

I did hundreds of KM's in Mallorca the last days and whilst washing the bike only noticed the saddle was moved (and the rail damaged as in not black anymore but shiny so to say). I'm measuring the Pro rails 6.9mm and the saddle was put on by the LBS so I assume, especially because my bike was with them a couple of times now, that they had a good look after the fastening of everything.

Anyone else with similar experience?
No one? :noidea:

Adsy03

by Adsy03

Adsy03 wrote:

So an update. I got someone to weight the rc20 that has rival groupset in a size medium without the wheelset and that comes to 5.36kg.

My ultimate with the same components but with SRAM red quarq crankset weight difference is 230g weights at 5.30kg

I won't understand why it's similar weight to the rc20 with the upgraded SRAM red crankset. I would have thought it would have been sub 5kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com