New Scott foil.. at last!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

cnsn wrote:
bet609 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:12 pm
cnsn wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:14 pm
I have received my M size Foil RC 30 today. First of all as I said in my previous comments I had doubts about buying the size M but after riding around 10 kms with the bike I clearly see that L(56) would be too big for me. My height is 181 cm, inseam 84, arm length around 61 cm. The bike feels drastically faster than my 2022 Giant TCR and it is surprizingly comfy too. 105 di2 works flawlessly. I have updated some components at the purchase.

- Replaced the wheels with Ultegra WH-R8170 C50. The wheel choice is mainly about my weight. I am a heavy person (100+ kg) so hookless was not a reliable option for me. These wheels are hooked and they works with really high pressures (109 psi max). The 1570 gr total weight is not so bad for a 50mm deep wheelset. For a short ride I can say they are stiff, rolling great and fast.
- Handlebar is replaced with Roval Rapide 38cm. It fitted to the alloy stem very well but we need to slightly trim the small caps that used for hiding the cables at the connection point to the stem.
- Tires replaced with 25c GP5000S TR and installed them tubeless. I am thinking to replace the rear tire with 28c in soon.
- Saddle replaced with Fizik Tempo Argo R3 160mm
- Rotors replaced with 160mm ultegra rotors.
- Added Stages left only power meter Ultegra R8000 crank arm. (I took it off my TCR. Below price doesn't include this one!)
- Didn't install the stock bar tape as I read bad comments about it and installed Supacaz Super Sticky Kush.

Total Weight: 7.93 kg without pedals. My rim brake M/L TCR Advanced 2 with same tires, mech 105 and zonda wheels is 7.95 kg with pedals and the foil with ultegra pedals is just 8.19 kg. I can say I am very happy with the weight.

The total cost of the bike with the added components: 5,988$ + I have ready to ride spare wheelset, a nice syncros saddle and a chunky alloy spare handlebar :))

Btw the bike comes with 11/34 casette. I am also thinking to replace the casette with the ultegra 11-30 in soon.

The paint job and the color is great but it is not very attractive in low light conditions as in the photo :)) Under the sun it really shines.

hi! is this size 54? may i know the saddle height in the pic? (bb center to top of the saddle). im thinking of getting a 54 foil too and have ~71cm.saddle height and worried that the exposed seat post might be too short.
Yes it is 54. My saddle height is ~76cm and I am still above the min insert line of the seatpost.
Do you know how high it can go on a 54? I need a 77cm saddle height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cnsn

by cnsn

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:03 pm
cnsn wrote:
bet609 wrote:
cnsn wrote:
I have received my M size Foil RC 30 today. First of all as I said in my previous comments I had doubts about buying the size M but after riding around 10 kms with the bike I clearly see that L(56) would be too big for me. My height is 181 cm, inseam 84, arm length around 61 cm. The bike feels drastically faster than my 2022 Giant TCR and it is surprizingly comfy too. 105 di2 works flawlessly. I have updated some components at the purchase.

- Replaced the wheels with Ultegra WH-R8170 C50. The wheel choice is mainly about my weight. I am a heavy person (100+ kg) so hookless was not a reliable option for me. These wheels are hooked and they works with really high pressures (109 psi max). The 1570 gr total weight is not so bad for a 50mm deep wheelset. For a short ride I can say they are stiff, rolling great and fast.
- Handlebar is replaced with Roval Rapide 38cm. It fitted to the alloy stem very well but we need to slightly trim the small caps that used for hiding the cables at the connection point to the stem.
- Tires replaced with 25c GP5000S TR and installed them tubeless. I am thinking to replace the rear tire with 28c in soon.
- Added Stages left only power meter Ultegra R8000 crank arm. (I took it off my TCR. Below price doesn't include this one!)
- Didn't install the stock bar tape as I read bad comments about it and installed Supacaz Super Sticky Kush.

Total Weight: 7.93 kg without pedals. My rim brake M/L TCR Advanced 2 with same tires, mech 105 and zonda wheels is 7.95 kg with pedals and the foil with ultegra pedals is just 8.19 kg. I can say I am very happy with the weight.

The total cost of the bike with the added components: 5,988$ + I have ready to ride spare wheelset, a nice syncros saddle and a chunky alloy spare handlebar :))

Btw the bike comes with 11/34 casette. I am also thinking to replace the casette with the ultegra 11-30 in soon.

The paint job and the color is great but it is not very attractive in low light conditions as in the photo :)) Under the sun it really shines.

hi! is this size 54? may i know the saddle height in the pic? (bb center to top of the saddle). im thinking of getting a 54 foil too and have ~71cm.saddle height and worried that the exposed seat post might be too short.
Yes it is 54. My saddle height is ~76cm and I am still above the min insert line of the seatpost.

I rode for a while around 78cm and didn't have a problem but I think you should go to the shop and set the saddle height to see if the it fits to your height. As I said I am 181cm and 84cm inseam and my saddle height is almost 2cm higher than the recommended saddle height using Lemond formula and this size fits me perfect. The fit is very racy and comfortable enough for long rides. If I would be 3-4 cm taller than this I would not buy the size M. Even I buy the M I would definitely change the stem with a longer one. So I think you will be at the limit of this size and best way is trying it at the shop. I also realized that you wrote 71cm first for your actual saddle height and then you wrote 77cm. I am talking for 77cm saddle height. For 71cm I am sure this bike will fit you even you can go with the smaller one maybe.

Btw Romain Bardet also rides M and he is 184cm but I would not compare my self with him since he probably better than us in terms of everything (flexibility, position, etc)

aham23

by aham23

SixThirteen wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:44 pm
aham23 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:06 pm
Can anyone LINK me the corect RD Hanger for a 2023 Foil Disc RC 20 with SRAM? Can't seem to find it.
same hanger for all 2023 Foils - page 10 in the manual gives the part number

https://asset-misc.scott-sports.com/Foi ... s_EN_4.pdf
Right. Good luck finding it that way which is why I asked. It is actually the same as the Addict MY20 but most shops do not know this. I got one, finally.

aham23

by aham23

cnsn wrote:

Got any close up / more pics of the stem and bar combo. Exactly what I want to do.

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

snaxez wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:20 pm
I know in our local scott dealer road models were promised from winter to spring. Depending on the speed that factory can produce. I guess they will send out to bigger shops first.
gotta say that Scott's finances do not looking super promising

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/industry- ... -more.html
Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg

garbageman

by garbageman

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Can this frameset take front & rear 140mm discs? I was always fine with carbon rim brakes and my first disc XC bike had a 140 rear rotor, so I think they'll be sufficient. I'm only getting a disc bike because my 2016 aero bike burned and it seems like more of a hassle to try to build up another circa-2016 bike than just get all the modern stuff. I'm trying to reduce the bloat though (cutting the 30t off the new Dura-ace cassette*).

*Which still leaves me with an 11spd 11-27. That's nearly as big as my 11-28 touring cassette and has a jump between gears compared to my normal 9000/9100 11-25s. Is no one asking for tightly spaced ratios anymore?

snaxez

by snaxez

Lelandjt wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:09 pm
Can this frameset take front & rear 140mm discs? I was always fine with carbon rim brakes and my first disc XC bike had a 140 rear rotor, so I think they'll be sufficient. I'm only getting a disc bike because my 2016 aero bike burned and it seems like more of a hassle to try to build up another circa-2016 bike than just get all the modern stuff. I'm trying to reduce the bloat though (cutting the 30t off the new Dura-ace cassette*).

*Which still leaves me with an 11spd 11-27. That's nearly as big as my 11-28 touring cassette and has a jump between gears compared to my normal 9000/9100 11-25s. Is no one asking for tightly spaced ratios anymore?
From the manual https://asset-misc.scott-sports.com/Foi ... rts_EN.pdf

Max/Min Rotor Size:
Front Max/Min 180mm / 140mm
Rear Max/Min 160mm / 140mm
But I would still do 160mm front if you live anywhere with hills. Weight diff is not that big.

Not sure if 12speed Red cassette would work with DA9200 group. 10-26T 12speed Red would be 175g vs DA 11-30T 223g

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

snaxez wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:00 am
From the manual https://asset-misc.scott-sports.com/Foi ... rts_EN.pdf

Max/Min Rotor Size:
Front Max/Min 180mm / 140mm
Rear Max/Min 160mm / 140mm
But I would still do 160mm front if you live anywhere with hills. Weight diff is not that big.

Not sure if 12speed Red cassette would work with DA9200 group. 10-26T 12speed Red would be 175g vs DA 11-30T 223g
Thanks for the rotor info. I don't like the 10t with Sram cassettes and its spread means that cassette still has bigger jumps than I like.

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

Lelandjt wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:09 pm

owner of my LBS rides a 2023 Foil and has 140 front and rear. He weighs about 85Kg
Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg

CFrancis515

by CFrancis515

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:03 pm
cnsn wrote:
bet609 wrote:
cnsn wrote:

77cm Saddle height on my 54 and I'm 1cm away from minimum insertion.

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

garbageman wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:26 pm
Tastey build. But tbf, you can build pretty much any bike under 6.8 with the component spec he did.
Still to have aero and minimal weight penalty is fantastic.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

What dimensions handlebar/stem comes specced on the 58 (Ultimate if it matters)?

MLSon

by MLSon

Lelandjt wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:31 am
What dimensions handlebar/stem comes specced on the 58 (Ultimate if it matters)?
120mm but width is a good one. At my LBS I had the opportunity to choose my 'combination', as they have to purchase the handlebar, where Canyon f.i. puts standard sizes for all bikes. But looking at Scott's website, the 120mm one is available in width 400, 420 and 440.
I THINK it will be standard 120x420 :noidea:

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

MLSon wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:05 am
Lelandjt wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:31 am
120mm but width is a good one. At my LBS I had the opportunity to choose my 'combination', as they have to purchase the handlebar, where Canyon f.i. puts standard sizes for all bikes. But looking at Scott's website, the 120mm one is available in width 400, 420 and 440.
I THINK it will be standard 120x420 :noidea:
Thanks for the info. I'll want a 120x400, so that's one more thing I'll have to swap if I get a complete bike. It doesn't seem like framesets came to the US for the '23 model and '24 is still vaporware. If I want a HMX-SL frame I have to get a '23 Ultimate and the only parts I'll keep will be the frame, fork, and headset. If I get a '24 I'll also keep the wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com