2021 BMC Teammachine

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cemmac

by Cemmac

I'm looking to get BMC SLR One 2022 as i like black design. Not really into BMC bikes, is this endurance type and SLR01 is race bike?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slake21

by slake21

Cemmac wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:55 pm
I'm looking to get BMC SLR One 2022 as i like black design. Not really into BMC bikes, is this endurance type and SLR01 is race bike?
SLR01 is the highest tier of teammachine bikes, the others without the 01 are lower tier. Main difference is the lack of integrated cockpit and a slightly heavier frameset.

The endurance type for BMC are the roadmachines models.

check6

by check6

Cemmac wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:55 pm

You're looking to get one, but you not really in to BMC? I think I married your sister :wink:

ivonenand

by ivonenand

Hi Guys,
I may have a change to get a Teammachine SLR 01 frameset; I don't have a groupset for it yet, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get Ui2 or Force in spring time. Anyways, I do have a question regarding the Teammachine's fork steerer tube. I've seen that the steerer tube is not round, but rather rectangular and slim. I understand this was done to allow the cable routing from the handlebar down to the frame. But, does anyone experience any problems with sideplay or flex because of it, especially in the left/right direction? From the images, the tube does seem quite narrow.

Thanks for any input,
Ivo

slake21

by slake21

ivonenand wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:32 am
Hi Guys,
I may have a change to get a Teammachine SLR 01 frameset; I don't have a groupset for it yet, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get Ui2 or Force in spring time. Anyways, I do have a question regarding the Teammachine's fork steerer tube. I've seen that the steerer tube is not round, but rather rectangular and slim. I understand this was done to allow the cable routing from the handlebar down to the frame. But, does anyone experience any problems with sideplay or flex because of it, especially in the left/right direction? From the images, the tube does seem quite narrow.

Thanks for any input,
Ivo
The steerer is round where needs to be. Inside the stem shims make it round so you can tighten the stem and above the fork blades it's still round.
Image Image

Cemmac

by Cemmac

I could get used Izalco Max 2019 Dura Ace di2 with low weight
https://www.focus-bikes.com/int/izalco- ... award-2019

Or rather pay for new BMC Teammachine SLR
https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/intl_en ... gory/1918/

Can't decide, but as performace i think i could be faster with Focus

tyro13

by tyro13

Anybody knows the seatpost of a slr01 2019-2020 is the same shape of the slr01 2022?
I have a slr01 2022 with seatpost setback 15mm and i want a seatpost with zero setback!
Thx in advance

card0s

by card0s

ODC wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:44 am
Changed my S-works Tarmac SL7 for this beautiful BMC SLR01 with full Campagnolo spec. Was a totally build up.

Some bike specs:
- Frameset: BMC SLR01 size 58 in the team colors
- Handlebar: BMC ICS carbon team handlebar 140mm length and 40mm width
- Saddle: Fizik Antares R1 carbon wide version
- Groupset: Campagnolo Super Record
- Wheels: Campagnolo Bora Ultra WTO 45mm
- Powermeter: power2max campagnolo
- Pedals: Shimano dura ace (I know Shimano combined with Campagnolo is not done but I love Shimano pedals)
- Computer: Wahoo Element Bolt V2
- Weight: still need to do this!

Some measurements:
- Saddle height (center bottom bracket-top saddle): 81.5cm
- Saddle setback (center bottom bracket- tip saddle): 9cm
- Reach (tip saddle-middle handlebar): 64cm
- Drop: +-13cm
Congrats on this beautiful machine :D
Did you manage to weigh it?

Jonolsson

by Jonolsson

tyro13 wrote:Anybody knows the seatpost of a slr01 2019-2020 is the same shape of the slr01 2022?
I have a slr01 2022 with seatpost setback 15mm and i want a seatpost with zero setback!
Thx in advance
It's different

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

timemachine special color

1. prologo scratch M5
2. Favero look
3. Hyper 50 + tubolito
4. Dura ace 12S 50/34T-30T

total weigth 7.26kgs

of course if replace to carbon saddle, use dura ace powermeter and dura ace pedal, with hyper 38 , I believe is under 7.0kgs

card0s

by card0s

extrusionedwin wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:26 am
timemachine special color

1. prologo scratch M5
2. Favero look
3. Hyper 50 + tubolito
4. Dura ace 12S 50/34T-30T

total weigth 7.26kgs

of course if replace to carbon saddle, use dura ace powermeter and dura ace pedal, with hyper 38 , I believe is under 7.0kgs

Really good-looking bike.
That is my favorite color scheme from their lineup along with the team white frameset :D

arizawa

by arizawa

It's a bit of a long shot but does anyone happen to have an SLR01 fork from a 2021 or 2022 BMC Teammachine? It could be new, or even off off a damaged frame set or frame warranty and sprayed to match the frame.

ivonenand

by ivonenand

Hey Guys,
I've noticed that the Teammachine SLR01 decalls are actually stickers and not paint; there's three of them, on the heat tube, down tube and one just behind the seatpost area. Does anyone have any problems with the stickers comming off after a while of use? I cannot imagine those stickers being very durable, especially considering that the bike can get cleaned ofter and the cleaning rag will rub into the sticker edges.

Any experiences?
IVo

tifh21

by tifh21

For the lower tier version (2-7) any light carbon stem and handlebars recommended and saddle? Will be enjoying my bike first but I want to make it lighter in the future (already changed the wheelset). Anyway, thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

panuelos

by panuelos

Hello, i am wondering if its possible to remove the spacers below the stem or they must be there ? Its the Integrated carbon stem (ICS).