Is the Continental Competition Pro Ltd available for purchase?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pumpster

by Pumpster

What is this? Is this in fact the actual Pro Ltd? The spec lists a special latex tube so it could well be the real one. 22mm width only but I don't really care...

https://proownedcycling.com/products/co ... bular-tire

Geoff

by Geoff

Yes. I would say that is a genuine Pro Ltd. It looks identical to the ones that I have received in the past from my friends in the Pro Tour.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Etienne

by Etienne

Pumpster wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:58 pm
What is this? Is this in fact the actual Pro Ltd? The spec lists a special latex tube so it could well be the real one. 22mm width only but I don't really care...

https://proownedcycling.com/products/co ... bular-tire
The guy sells mainly used parts from pro teams stock ... I bought one Conti ProLtd tub from him in the past, and it was legit, no problem.

Pumpster

by Pumpster

I'm very tempted to get some now...

Etienne

by Etienne

Pumpster wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:15 am
I'm very tempted to get some now...
Keep in mind that Conti Comp, standard or ProLtd, are racer's tubs ... grippy and puncture resistant, fast with latex tubes for the ProLtd version but not as enjoyable as supple tubs like Veloflex and others.

So if you race, go for it ... otherwise, you'll spend big bucks for nothing.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

If you want to buy them , do it and try them. I ride the new 25mm ones. They are great, and I have the slick inner patern. Ride is absolutely fine, and I have tried : * Veloflex Carbon * Vittoria Corsa Grapheen * A_Dugast - silk ( ride them the now on the Hodswoth with the Bora's )

And I can tell you that they ride as fine as all of the other ones I have tried. They are fast , low rolling resistance , bomb proof and have a great puncture protection. Grip is almost unbeatable I guess, or A-Dugast is close to that together with Veloflex but where Conti is 9/10 for grip the others are 7,5/10. Remember Wigging on Veloflex in the Giro and rain. He was like a first time biker on descents.

Pumpster

by Pumpster

Etienne wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:38 pm
Keep in mind that Conti Comp, standard or ProLtd, are racer's tubs ... grippy and puncture resistant, fast with latex tubes for the ProLtd version but not as enjoyable as supple tubs like Veloflex and others.

I do race so I'll place an order. I'll fit them on Schmolke TLO 45 tubulars. Review coming soon!

Etienne

by Etienne

Pumpster wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:09 am
Etienne wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:38 pm

I do race so I'll place an order. I'll fit them on Schmolke TLO 45 tubulars. Review coming soon!
:thumbup: ... you'll like them.

Etienne

by Etienne

PinaRene wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:34 am
Grip is almost unbeatable I guess, or A-Dugast is close to that together with Veloflex but where Conti is 9/10 for grip the others are 7,5/10. Remember Wigging on Veloflex in the Giro and rain.
That's whay I said they are race tubs, great ones indeed ... you don't have to worry about grip, even under the rain but there's a counterpart and they cannot beat more supple tubs when it comes to road feeling, that's my experience.

Because I just ride for pleasure and fitness, but still prefer tubs over clinchers, my preference goes to Veloflex (or Vittoria ... but I buy Veloflex tubs because they are made in the EU).

2000m2

by 2000m2

I bought some Continental RBX Pro Ltd in 28mm a while back from the "pro owned" folks. The tires are great riding and, so far, much better puncture resistance vs. Veloflex or Vittoria's I've ridden. It might be the "Paris-Roubaix" construction for puncture resistance. The 28mm measures to 29mm for me, so I've only been able to mount as a rear tire and using a regular Conti Competition 25mm in the front. One thing I'm curious about is if the tube is latex since the tire seems to hold air really well between rides. Other tubulars I ride regularly definitely need airing up between rides. I also ride these Conti's at lower pressures vs. Veloflex and Vittoria's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com