OPEN releases road bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

There seems to be no info in regards of the isp length from BB. I usually have saddle 82.5cm from BB. Is there any more info for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

bespoke

by bespoke

Alex - you and me both!
I am going to find out more about this one.....
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Sizing is wild. 373 reach on the medium?

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

bespoke wrote:Alex - you and me both!
I am going to find out more about this one.....
The sizing is a little different...and I don’t understand why companies don’t release BB to a top of ISP length.....I have long legs, but don’t want or need a long TT, got a short upper body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

robertbb

by robertbb

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 am
Sizing is wild. 373 reach on the medium?
Why is that "wild"?

robeambro

by robeambro

Aside from all that's been already said, I find it annoying that they'd make 160mm rotors a must and make it look like it's a good thing, and that you shouldn't run anything else anyway.

JMOS

by JMOS

Obviously the geometry is different, but other than that this frame is in some way similar to the new giant TCR SL: no dropped seat stays, no full cable integration, no "full aero", integrated seatpost, the design where the seat stays meet the seattube, 32mm tire clearance. David and Goliath heading in a similar direction (conceptually)?

easyv

by easyv

Looks like a gorgeous bike... Odd that the headtube doesn't look super compact / short yet all the marketing pics show a ton of spacers under the stem which you wouldn't expect for a bike designed for more endurance / comfort.

madik

by madik

robeambro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:14 am
Aside from all that's been already said, I find it annoying that they'd make 160mm rotors a must and make it look like it's a good thing, and that you shouldn't run anything else anyway.
Yeah the 160 rear rotor is a weird way to go. On the front is ok I suppose but in rear not really. Most popular combination even in Pro peloton is 160 front and 140 rear. Smaller rear rotor limits the chance of locking the wheel and is basically a safer option in my opinion.
Functionality > Performance > Weight

robeambro

by robeambro

madik wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:10 am
robeambro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:14 am
Yeah the 160 rear rotor is a weird way to go. On the front is ok I suppose but in rear not really. Most popular combination even in Pro peloton is 160 front and 140 rear. Smaller rear rotor limits the chance of locking the wheel and is basically a safer option in my opinion.
And its already "difficult" (not really difficult but surely requires some attention) not to lock the rear wheel on 140mm, can't imagine on 160.
Not the end of the world eh, but as you say, weird.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

robeambro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:53 am
And its already "difficult" (not really difficult but surely requires some attention) not to lock the rear wheel on 140mm
Do you have claws for hands? I don't see how it could possibly require attention to not lockup your rear wheel.

Tango

by Tango

madik wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:10 am
I don't have any concerns about locking, because of the great modulation of any modern system.
I always thought that the space for 160 mm is simply missing due to the aim for narrow chainstays/seatstays.

Unniti

by Unniti

Quite literally never had an issue with locking my rear wheel with a 160 mm rotor by accident. Not even when riding in snow and ice during winter.

madik

by madik

In typical controlled braking its not an issue with 160/160. The modulation is fine enough and most of the time its not required to brake as hard as possible. However when its required to start braking suddenly and fast the chance of locking going up qiute a bit and not many people have the skill to avoid it.
Functionality > Performance > Weight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:59 am
robeambro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:53 am
And its already "difficult" (not really difficult but surely requires some attention) not to lock the rear wheel on 140mm
Do you have claws for hands? I don't see how it could possibly require attention to not lockup your rear wheel.
I'm not talking about normal conditions, rather in specific cases (eg hard corners with sudden braking, steep descents, damp weather.. ).

Anyway I'll rest my case, from other comments I understand that this is a contest on who's the best bike handler, happy that some people never found themselves to brake suddenly, or even if they did, their computer brain instantly calculated the perfect amount of hand pressure to apply to the brake lever.