OPEN releases road bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

FactoryMatt wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:02 pm
Hate is due to pricing, gerard being a hypeman, the horrific way in which they handled the hambini situation. Around here its a status bike rather than something you see "die hard" people riding, generally speaking.

As with all things Hambini, I doubt there was any actual interaction between him and Open/Vroomen. The guy is a pathological liar.

maquisard

by maquisard

Agree, he is an exhibitionist who craves attention. The best strategy is to ignore him.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

yeah, not a fan of hambini, but the legal back-and-forth id wager occurred. who knows.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:01 pm
FactoryMatt wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:02 pm
Hate is due to pricing, gerard being a hypeman, the horrific way in which they handled the hambini situation. Around here its a status bike rather than something you see "die hard" people riding, generally speaking.
maquisard wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:04 pm
Agree, he is an exhibitionist who craves attention. The best strategy is to ignore him.

As with all things Hambini, I doubt there was any actual interaction between him and Open/Vroomen. The guy is a pathological liar.
+1

Never trust Vroomen or give him more exposure than he already has. Shitty engineering since Day 1.

For Hambini tho I am thankful that he is able to bring some insight into the issues Vroomen design brought with them :thumbup:
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

maquisard

by maquisard

Hambini is a youtube toilet, he just rants with little insight. Hambini is a fool.

Like him or loath him, Vroomen is a key and influencial figure in aero and composite frame design.

tomato

by tomato

FactoryMatt wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:08 pm
yeah, not a fan of hambini, but the legal back-and-forth id wager occurred.
Past history would suggest otherwise.

cpac54

by cpac54

Has anyone with a MIN.D tried packing it into a hard bike travel case, like a BikeBoxAlan? Curious if the ISP would cause issues with that.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

100% dependent on the length of the ISP. As long as it fits, there won't be an issue

Sock3t

by Sock3t

So - anyone have any reviews on this bike? Anyone riding one still to this day?

itsacarr

by itsacarr

No real bone to pick here but felt compelled to say this always reminds me of my old TCR SL. Which I loved. Would be fun to see a Min.D here.
Just ride ..

uncle-gee

by uncle-gee

Had to Open the thread to see what it really was all about. Then click on the link to see the manufacturer's website. Riding a bike with "Open" written on it, well maybe I'm not there yet in my personal journey :lol: