Emonda 2021

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ytse

by Ytse

Nejmann wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:03 pm
Roval Alpinist is actually pretty good for the Emonda.
double post.
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

Ytse

by Ytse

LRB23 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:09 am
goatalope wrote:Are we due for an Emonda refresh? Or maybe next year?
Since all the brands are back to building dedicated climbing bikes, I wonder if Trek will follow suit?
Emonda is Trek's dedicated climbing bike.
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

emonda slr got mine to under 9 pounds with stripping off paint and tuning all that i could with sram red mechanical and ax lightness with extralite hubs

LekkerBraai

by LekkerBraai

Has anyone retrofitted a Specialized Venge stem to an Emonda (with the stack fully extended, I'm utilizing all the spacers that came with the bike)?

I have no idea how to go about assuring that the Venge height stack is aligned correctly to the frame and the stem while assuring that it's providing the required stability to hold the headset together.

Last edited by LekkerBraai on Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LekkerBraai

by LekkerBraai

Delete duplicate post

sadisticnoob

by sadisticnoob

Does anybody know the size of the seatmast bolt and the headset bolt ? and where can i get a thirdparty ti bolt. Mine bolts have started rusting

LRB23

by LRB23

Speaking of seat masts… has anyone found a company that produces a lightweight seat mast alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LRB23

by LRB23

Ytse wrote:
LRB23 wrote:
Since all the brands are back to building dedicated climbing bikes, I wonder if Trek will follow suit?
Sorry I should have added will Trek focus less on aero and more on weight reduction?

The current Emonda edition forgoes some of the weight weenie focus in favour of aero. I’d love to see Trek to take on the Aethos.

I guess you can build the current Emonda well under 6.8kgs but the previous gen saw some crazy light weight builds.

robeambro

by robeambro

LRB23 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:40 pm
Ytse wrote:
LRB23 wrote:
Sorry I should have added will Trek focus less on aero and more on weight reduction?

The current Emonda edition forgoes some of the weight weenie focus in favour of aero. I’d love to see Trek to take on the Aethos.

I guess you can build the current Emonda well under 6.8kgs but the previous gen saw some crazy light weight builds.

Don't think they can - an Aethos-like frame would be horrible for aero, and that would leave Lidl-Trek pros only able to ride the Madone, which is hardly an all rounder.

summer

by summer

Do I have to use this Trek madone compression plug, or any road bike compression plug will work?
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equi ... g/p/26575/

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

summer wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:52 pm
Do I have to use this Trek madone compression plug, or any road bike compression plug will work?
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equi ... g/p/26575/

The Emonda and Madone steerers are slab-sided and must use the aforementioned expander plug.

Levemannen

by Levemannen

Hello from Norway fellow Weight Weenies. Im a long time reader, but a new member. Not sure if this is right for the Trek emonda thread but anyway I wanted to present my plans for my next build

This fall and winter ive been searching for a new frame and project. Primary goal: Have fun Secondary goal: Build a light and competitve bike for climbing and punchy racing. Third: Good looks, whatever that is. Fourth: Dont too carried away and become singel.

Ive been looking at race proven models. Primarily SL8, Supersix EVO 4 Lab 71, Factor Ostro VAM, Ridley Falcn. Also in the loop: Enve Melee, Look Alpe dhuez, Look RS blade 795, Van Rysel RCR, Giant Propel. Ive also searched around all the italian brands, but found them too heavy.

SL8 i so for sure tempting with its weight and aero claims for whats its worth. But that nose and that massive seatpost kind of ruled it out. Also around here there is nothing screaming mid-life crisis as an SL8 and Im far too young at 35. So at the end it was really either between supersix or Ridley Falcn. With too days currency the prize is 5400 dollars frame/seatpost and 4750 dollars frame/seatpost/cockpit. The fact I already ride an Helium SLX disc which fits me made falcn compelling but supersix got the looks in my regards.

The winter is long where I live in the middle of Norway so no hurry. But suddenly last thursday from nowhere an offer showed up (ad on FB or something?). Trek Emonda SLR7 Amysthe(Colorway seen riding by Ride of Japan, being a fan boy; bonus). Ultegra 8100, Bontrager pro RSL 37, and integrated cockpit. Prize 6300 dollars, knock off 2100 dollars And also under half the price of SLR9. For some reason Emonda wasnt on my radar. But after couple off days off excessive research on youtube, here and elsewhere on the dark web. The conclusion was: Bang for the bucks, filled all my criterias and oh so beautiful.

As I said i wanted a project. So when the bike arrives this wednesday everthing except frame and seatmast will be plucked off and selled.

The parts: Pulled from my Ridley: DA 9200 from my ridley. Crankset Rotor Aldu Carbon with Rotor DM 50/34. Alpitude Gardena seat. (hurts not too be able to use my precious Darimo T1) Garmin rally New Parts: EXS Aerover 360x130, EXS airtape, BB Infinite T47, Light Bicyle AR 35 with Extralite hubs(also same as ride of japan, but ordered long before the frame came up).

Adding Spreadsheet with estimated and confirmed weights. Estimated: 6318 grams. I guessing its an underestimate by 100-200 g. Will update during build as long nobody shuts my mouth.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
not my bike, just to show of the color;)
not my bike, just to show of the color;)
trek emonda.jpg (75.76 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
Last edited by Levemannen on Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trek Emonda SLR ?
Ridley Helium SLX disc 6.4kg
Fairlight Strael 3.0 (allroad) 9.0kg
Warlock Fearless (monster gravel) 9.9kg

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Welcome to weight weenies!!

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

titchegg

by titchegg

Hi all, not a WeightWeenie item I know, but has anyone used the Deda DCR/Superbox stem on their Emonda?

Looking at using one as I'm retrofitting Di2 to mine (2022 frameset), trying to work out if I need the DCR specific headset or not as the cable management/guides in the headset and fork seem to be in the right place already. Will be paired with a Primavera Aero bar, so hoping it can all run internally for cable OCD nirvana :D

Any guidance or experience would be greatly received!!
Thanks,
Titch

LRB23

by LRB23

Levemannen wrote:Hello from Norway fellow Weight Weenies. Im a long time reader, but a new member. Not sure if this is right for the Trek emonda thread but anyway I wanted to present my plans for my next build

This fall and winter ive been searching for a new frame and project. Primary goal: Have fun Secondary goal: Build a light and competitve bike for climbing and punchy racing. Third: Good looks, whatever that is. Fourth: Dont too carried away and become singel.

Ive been looking at race proven models. Primarily SL8, Supersix EVO 4 Lab 71, Factor Ostro VAM, Ridley Falcn. Also in the loop: Enve Melee, Look Alpe dhuez, Look RS blade 795, Van Rysel RCR, Giant Propel. Ive also searched around all the italian brands, but found them too heavy.

SL8 i so for sure tempting with its weight and aero claims for whats its worth. But that nose and that massive seatpost kind of ruled it out. Also around here there is nothing screaming mid-life crisis as an SL8 and Im far too young at 35. So at the end it was really either between supersix or Ridley Falcn. With too days currency the prize is 5400 dollars frame/seatpost and 4750 dollars frame/seatpost/cockpit. The fact I already ride an Helium SLX disc which fits me made falcn compelling but supersix got the looks in my regards.

The winter is long where I live in the middle of Norway so no hurry. But suddenly last thursday from nowhere an offer showed up (ad on FB or something?). Trek Emonda SLR7 Amysthe(Colorway seen riding by Ride of Japan, being a fan boy; bonus). Ultegra 8100, Bontrager pro RSL 37, and integrated cockpit. Prize 6300 dollars, knock off 2100 dollars And also under half the price of SLR9. For some reason Emonda wasnt on my radar. But after couple off days off excessive research on youtube, here and elsewhere on the dark web. The conclusion was: Bang for the bucks, filled all my criterias and oh so beautiful.

As I said i wanted a project. So when the bike arrives this wednesday everthing except frame and seatmast will be plucked off and selled.

The parts: Pulled from my Ridley: DA 9200 from my ridley. Crankset Rotor Aldu Carbon with Rotor DM 50/34. Alpitude Gardena seat. (hurts not too be able to use my precious Darimo T1) Garmin rally New Parts: EXS Aerover 360x130, EXS airtape, BB Infinite T47, Light Bicyle AR 35 with Extralite hubs(also same as ride of japan, but ordered long before the frame came up).

Adding Spreadsheet with estimated and confirmed weights. Estimated: 6318 grams. I guessing its an underestimate by 100-200 g. Will update during build as long nobody shuts my mouth.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
trek emonda.jpg
Interested to see how your build comes out. I’m in a very similar situation, looking to build up an Emonda SLR 7 (in Amethyst after being inspired by Rides of Japan also), with a few alternative parts (crankset, wheels, saddle, chain, thru axels and cassette). I’m hoping to get down to 6.6kgs all in.

I’m still questioning my choice of frames as the Emonda looks set to get a redesign next year. But I really like the look of the frame (doesn’t look like every other bike with dropped seat stays) and I tested one a couple of months back and really liked the handling on decents.

Update on the build and your user experience when you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com