Saddle: Berk, Alpitude, Gelu, Saevid, Mcfk

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bernard34

by bernard34

Do you guys know this model ? : https://r2-bike.com/COCO-DESIGN-Saddle- ... rbon-matte
67gr for a 140mm width saddle is a pretty good performance. Nice shape, I am tempted.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Evaso wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:53 pm
Gardena is excellent. Although it is personal, it is the most comfortable saddle I have ever used.
after using prologo dimension since it came out (i had normal version, ndr and tri on my other bikes) i can say yes, Gardena is very similar but just that bit more comforable and of course alot of lighter. very surprised by how comfortable it is since it's not padded. (I have also tried most other brands short nose saddle and dimension previously fits me best but Gardena just takes the comfort up a level). if prologo dimension fits, and you want something lighter, give Gardena a try. :thumbup:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

maxice

by maxice

I have the padded lupina on the road bike, very comfortable but I think the leather quality/dye isnt very good as it looks very worn after a couple of wet rides.

Anyone used it or the Dila on a gravel bike?

Lucendi

by Lucendi

maxice wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:34 pm
I have the padded lupina on the road bike, very comfortable but I think the leather quality/dye isnt very good as it looks very worn after a couple of wet rides.

Anyone used it or the Dila on a gravel bike?
Only the finest quality and most expensive leather is dyed. Most leather is painted. Car interiors also have textured paint to look like leather grain texture.

bernard34

by bernard34

So nobody knows this one ? Seams cool
Spline.JPG

STUB1

by STUB1

Has anyone gone from a 132mm padded Lupina to the 140mm padded Dila. I currently use the former, but am realising I could probably do with a slightly wider saddle. I'm 70kg.

Francois_Viviers

by Francois_Viviers

Started using a Bjorn Sedlo - https://bjorncycles.com/tproduct/1-471255954068-sedlo after I cracked my Berk Lupina

143mm wide, and shorter than the Berk Lupina. Took me about 2 rides to get used to the new shape as I rode on the Lupina for about 5 years.

Bjorn workmansip and quality looks top notch and I like the 120kg weight limit, just nice to not have to worry about weight when cycling with a packed backpack etc. If the saddle lasts 5 years plus like my old Berk it would be great.

STM2828

by STM2828

Hi, newbie here

Prior to joining, i was "researching" on full carbon saddles and have found this forum has quite a lot of Berk info
Decided to get a brand new 132mm 3K gloss carbon Berk lupina (no padding) 7x9mm oval rails because its 70+grams and looks so damn nice.

Have a few questions that i hope those with experience will be able to advise:

1. The saddle looks flimsy coming from a Prologo nack 143mm carbon (built like a tank but too wide for me).
Its unbelievably thin
I read that some have the rails debonding
Also read that there are some batches with "faulty" (?) epoxy and hence caused those issues
Anything that i should be take note to get the most out of this saddle? (last as long as possible while using it)

2. There is no marking on the rails to denote the limits on which the saddle can be clamped.
Any advise on how i should set it from the limits? (Dont want to set it into somewhere i shouldnt)
At the moment it is set up in the middle to be safe, but the nose is 15mm nearer to the steerer tube (the lupina is longer than my current saddle)
If i move it such that the saddle nose is at the same position as my previous saddle, the rail will be quite near to the front of the rail where it starts to curve inwards.
I tot it looked "unbalanced"

Any constructive comments are welcome
Thanks in advance

For info, I am 66kg and ride a Cervelo S5 (2019)

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Quick question: how did y'all know which version to go for first? Seems like quite the expensive trial and error.
Torn between lupine and lupine short because it's somewhat similar to the Prologo scratch and romin which tend to suit my body.

tyro13

by tyro13

I would like to purchase a lupina short; However, I see a big price difference at R2 bike, the saddle costs 251€ and at the Berk webshop it costs 319€. Is there a difference in quality of the saddle that R2 sell? .......just a bit worried i am 92kg!