New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alanyu

by alanyu

Yes, R185 and the name indicates the weight. It supports "hidden" routing, and then enter the stem, instead of "internal" routing. There is a groove under the wing.

benelliracing

by benelliracing

StiffWeenies wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:21 pm
alanyu wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:11 pm
Bomb! EXS just released an OD2 (based on TCR shape) D-shaped fork for fully internal routing. 380g uncut. The matt black is expected to be around 2000 cny ~ 290 usd sold in China.

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1ov4y1J7 ... id=&page=0
That D-shape looks like OverDrive Aero!
EDIT: Nope.

This fork is a gamechanger for fully integrated TCR conversions. Before it you were either limited to sketchy drilled steerers or heavy Defy fork swaps (~430g for a '19-20 Adv OD1 fork incl. plastic thru-axle protector IIRC) that compromised on safety, weight and stiffness.
For the moment, modifying the original fork is the fastest and most cost-free solution, we have already converted many pro 0 and pro SL in Italy.
There is a lot of carvonium in the Giant fork as resistance.
We use the modified Giant Aircape as expander, exs what does it use?

See our jobs search #tcrfullintegrated on social networks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doyler

by Doyler

Anyone managed to buy one of these yet?
StiffWeenies wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:17 pm
So this just dropped...

ISP clamp made out of CARBON! Glossy and matte options, all Ti hardware and 100kg weight limit
'21-23
'16-20
bsharp77 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:21 pm
Just building up a TCR SL and seen this - has anyone ever managed to order one?
I've found them on Instagram but havent had a reply to a message - they have a photo on there of an anodised purple version which would look amazing on my Astral Aura frameset.
Has he replied yet? I'd be happy to reach out to him myself on WeChat and tell him to check his Insta DMs

shotgun1

by shotgun1

Doyler wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:53 pm
StiffWeenies wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:17 pm
So this just dropped...

ISP clamp made out of CARBON! Glossy and matte options, all Ti hardware and 100kg weight limit
'21-23
'16-20
bsharp77 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:21 pm
Just building up a TCR SL and seen this - has anyone ever managed to order one?
I've found them on Instagram but havent had a reply to a message - they have a photo on there of an anodised purple version which would look amazing on my Astral Aura frameset.
Has he replied yet? I'd be happy to reach out to him myself on WeChat and tell him to check his Insta DMs
I'd be willing to order one was well, if that helps.
2021 Giant TCR Advanced SL0 Disc 6.8kg
2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Disc 7.9kg
2017 Festka Scalatore 5.375kg

Original account [shotgun]: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10594

bsharp77

by bsharp77

Doyler wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:53 pm
Some good news on the light seatpost topper front!

I havent had any joy with the full carbon one, however RCRace, who produced the lovely lightweight titanium version that I mentioned a few posts back have just released a new model which looks even better. It has an internal collar for a really clean look and also allows you to add spacers for extra flexibility on height, which is always a bug bear with ISPs.

The even better news is that Joe from China Cycling is in negotaiations with RCRace to sell both his lightweight cassettes and the new seatpost toppers on his new website www.pandapodium.cc.

You can watch a video showing the new seatpost topper here (begins around 8:40).

It looks like these might be available on the webiste within a few weeks - ill be ordering one the second they become available.

Doyler

by Doyler

bsharp77 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:28 am

I havent had any joy with the full carbon one, however RCRace, who produced the lovely lightweight titanium version that I mentioned a few posts back have just released a new model which looks even better. It has an internal collar for a really clean look and also allows you to add spacers for extra flexibility on height, which is always a bug bear with ISPs.

The even better news is that Joe from China Cycling is in negotaiations with RCRace to sell both his lightweight cassettes and the new seatpost toppers on his new website www.pandapodium.cc.

You can watch a video showing the new seatpost topper here (begins around 8:40).

It looks like these might be available on the webiste within a few weeks - ill be ordering one the second they become available.
heya, do you have a link for this RCRace one? I can't find anything.
Also, did you mean to link some vid? Not seeing anything in your post

bsharp77

by bsharp77

Doyler wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 11:06 am
bsharp77 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:28 am

heya, do you have a link for this RCRace one? I can't find anything.
Also, did you mean to link some vid? Not seeing anything in your post
Agh sorry, forgot to include the youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiKk1BQSWtQ

Seatpost topper info begins around 8:40

Doyler

by Doyler

Looks neat
2023_05_11_16_37_46_WEIGHT_WEENIE_TECH_at_the_Shanghai_Bike_Show_2023._Wheels_Tubes_Cassettes_and_.png
2023_05_11_16_38_11_WEIGHT_WEENIE_TECH_at_the_Shanghai_Bike_Show_2023._Wheels_Tubes_Cassettes_and_.png

spoons

by spoons

Is it possible to run a non-Giant stem on an OD1 TCR Advanced MY21? The cone spacer looks to be proprietary and I can’t find any alternatives online.

bobones

by bobones

spoons wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:12 am
Is it possible to run a non-Giant stem on an OD1 TCR Advanced MY21? The cone spacer looks to be proprietary and I can’t find any alternatives online.
Yes, just run a standard round bearing cover/cone instead of the supplied one or sand it flat so your standard stem fits.

CornwallJon

by CornwallJon

Hi there does anyone know if these new carbon or titanium clamps would be likely to fit the 2020 TCR Advanced SL frameset - ie is the profile of the ISP on the 2020 frameset the same as for the newest model frameset?

bobones

by bobones

CornwallJon wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:37 am
Hi there does anyone know if these new carbon or titanium clamps would be likely to fit the 2020 TCR Advanced SL frameset - ie is the profile of the ISP on the 2020 frameset the same as for the newest model frameset?
MY 2021 and newer have a different profile.

CornwallJon

by CornwallJon

bobones wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:46 am
CornwallJon wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:37 am
MY 2021 and newer have a different profile.
OK, so unlikely to fit!

joshmvf

by joshmvf

I'm looking for a light, fun bike to take out when I just feel like going as fast as possible without worrying about it being my "do it all" endurance bike.

I was looking at the TCR Advanced 2 bike with rim brakes and I was just wondering if I could get some thoughts about that option?

I found a video from May 2020 and it doesn't look like there's been any updates with the components since then. It's currently priced at $2500 which is up $500 from when that video was released (no surpise, I know).

I would be upgrading the wheels and trying to find the largest width tire I can. Giant says 28mm max tire width but I'd like to see if I could go up to 30mm. I don't have a huge need for disk brakes here in Kansas, but my options for new rim brake bikes are pretty slim. Facebook Marketplace might be an option as well.

bobones

by bobones

joshmvf wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:27 pm
I'm looking for a light, fun bike to take out when I just feel like going as fast as possible without worrying about it being my "do it all" endurance bike.

I was looking at the TCR Advanced 2 bike with rim brakes and I was just wondering if I could get some thoughts about that option?

I found a video from May 2020 and it doesn't look like there's been any updates with the components since then. It's currently priced at $2500 which is up $500 from when that video was released (no surpise, I know).

I would be upgrading the wheels and trying to find the largest width tire I can. Giant says 28mm max tire width but I'd like to see if I could go up to 30mm. I don't have a huge need for disk brakes here in Kansas, but my options for new rim brake bikes are pretty slim. Facebook Marketplace might be an option as well.
The TCR models from 2021 have altered tube shapes to improve aerodynamics, and I can easilty accomodate 30 mm tyres on my rim-brake Advanced SL. I wouldn't expect the Advanced 2 to be all that light out of the box: probably just north of 8kg, but I think you could get it to 7.5 or so with lighter wheels, tyres, saddle etc. TCRs are not particularly pretty to look at IMO, but the design has been honed over many years, and they're great fun to ride and excellent VFM. Deep section wheels will go a long way in improving the looks, and rim brakes will be easy to live with and provide ample stopping power. I say go for it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com