New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JMOS

by JMOS

The Jayco colorway is pretty wild for Giant standards. I salute them for selling it to the public. If I cannot manage to get the raw carbon version I will probably have to make do with that one. Quite the contrary in style but the opal white just doesn't do it for me.

DeeDoubleYou

by DeeDoubleYou

aandresgm wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:34 pm
I remember reading somewhere in the marketing materials that the new cockpit also includes a new stem, but, from all the pictures I've so far, it looks physically identical to the Contact SLR OD2 stem we already knew. Do we know if there are indeed any changes? Is the cable routing going through the stem or underneath it?
I think the exit from the rear of the bars in to the stem is lower on the TCR (and Defy). The Propel exits along the centreline of the bar on the horizontal plane, so although similar they won't quite work together. I was looking the other day as I have some spare Propel bars that I was going to try and put on my TCX with one of these newer stems but there was a multitude of reasons why it wouldn't work!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JMOS

by JMOS

As the frame of the advanced and the advanced pro are the same, could you just install an od2 fork (with the required headset/ bearings) on a simple advanced frame and make it an advanced pro frameset?

I think I read that somewhere but I can't find the post.

bedampft

by bedampft

Yes, you can.

JMOS

by JMOS

Cheers

GT8

by GT8

New wheels, tyres, stem and saddle for the spring/summer.

- 50mm elite wheels Edge ceramic bearings
- 1354g (almost 100g lighter than my 303 FC)

- GP5000 S TR 28mm (come up 29mm on the 21mm hooked rims)

- Peaty's valves - very nicely made with some lovely features - rubber seal and locking collar.

Just need the Scottish weather to play ball...

2022 TCR SL size L 7.3kg
Attachments
IMG_6194.jpeg
IMG_6193.jpeg
IMG_6202.jpeg

ontherivet33

by ontherivet33

Does anyone know when the 2025 SL framesets will go on sale in the US? Thanks!

shotgun1

by shotgun1

JMOS wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:56 am
shotgun1 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:09 am
Has anyone heard or noticed if the yellow/ONCE inspired SLI will be released in their country? I'd definitely bite the bullet to get one. it's a throwback to my very first TCR.
According to the respective country-specific Giant homepages, France, Italy, Portugal and Spain will get that frame in Europe. In Asia, Giant Singapore has it on their homepage.
LBS owner got back to me. I just asked if the ONCE one will be available, and he replied "ordered na one for you" [I've already ordered one for you]. Talk about a forced purchase! That'll be the story i'll stick with with my wife see's another bike on the house. :wink:
2021 Giant TCR Advanced SL0 Disc 6.8kg
2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Disc 7.9kg
2017 Festka Scalatore 5.375kg

Original account [shotgun]: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10594

rick222

by rick222

ontherivet33 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:43 pm
Does anyone know when the 2025 SL framesets will go on sale in the US? Thanks!
I was told yesterday sometime in May

rick222

by rick222

Does any know if the new Cadex integrated aero bar fits the new TCR SL frames, I'm assuming yes but just want to solidify my choice

Slcpunk70

by Slcpunk70

Back to the subject of the previous version frameset. Some deals out there. Would love to build up with integrated cables, aero cockpit and light wheels. Seems like that would get 90% of the new frameset advantage. From the thread, I see the Farsports F1 mentioned - but they do not appear to have spacers to fit the TCR, only the Propel. (there was a random Facebook page claiming to 3d print spacers for TCR? Not sure i'm up for that.) The other option I saw was the EXS Fork. I was a bit nervous about the fork, it is both relatively new, not a huge market and and there is signifcant cost. ( Although it looks like a pretty good option all things considered )

There was this post, but no further info:
bobones wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:51 pm
CornwallJon wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 8:19 am
Apologies for n00b question but...if I have an integrated bar/stem which accommodates hidden cabling, is it possible for this to work well with the 2020 TCR Advanced SL fork where - AFAIK - the front brake hoses are outside the fork? The bike is question is SRAM AXS equipped so no other cabling apart from brake hoses.
I'd imagine most integrated bar/stems will work as they generally have an exit for the cable near the centre of the bars.
Am I missing anything important? And is trying to save a few watts of Aero silly anyway ;)

Any ideas on a new cockpit for the old frameset would be appreciated. TIA.

bobones

by bobones

Slcpunk70 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:56 pm
Back to the subject of the previous version frameset. Some deals out there. Would love to build up with integrated cables, aero cockpit and light wheels. Seems like that would get 90% of the new frameset advantage. From the thread, I see the Farsports F1 mentioned - but they do not appear to have spacers to fit the TCR, only the Propel. (there was a random Facebook page claiming to 3d print spacers for TCR? Not sure i'm up for that.) The other option I saw was the EXS Fork. I was a bit nervous about the fork, it is both relatively new, not a huge market and and there is signifcant cost. ( Although it looks like a pretty good option all things considered )

There was this post, but no further info:
bobones wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:51 pm
CornwallJon wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 8:19 am
Apologies for n00b question but...if I have an integrated bar/stem which accommodates hidden cabling, is it possible for this to work well with the 2020 TCR Advanced SL fork where - AFAIK - the front brake hoses are outside the fork? The bike is question is SRAM AXS equipped so no other cabling apart from brake hoses.
I'd imagine most integrated bar/stems will work as they generally have an exit for the cable near the centre of the bars.
Am I missing anything important? And is trying to save a few watts of Aero silly anyway ;)

Any ideas on a new cockpit for the old frameset would be appreciated. TIA.
I may have misinterpreted @CornwallJon's question, but my reply was about using an integrated bar stem with external cables, not facilitating hiding them. You can only hide the cables with a modified or 3rd party fork like the EXS.

IMO hiding cables on the older TCR with the EXS fork could look worse unless your bike is already black or you are getting the fork painted to match the bike. And don't kid yourself that it's about aero when it's really done for looks. There's probably only 1 or 2 watts in it at best.

If you're just looking for an integrated barstem and are keeping the external brake hoses, then there are a lot of options including Giant's own models, Avian Canary/Falcon, Bigrock Skyline, and others from AliX. I have the Giant Contact bars on my rim brake MY21 TCR, where external cables are an opportunity for some extra bling.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=170093&hilit=giant& ... 5#p1759747

Aeo

by Aeo

Got a frame for a good price
  • 2023 TCR Adv SL
  • Size M
  • Color Raw Carbon
Weights in grams, obviously
  • Fork uncut 341
  • Frame uncut, no hardware, no bolts, no hangers 814
  • Front derailleur tab 16
  • Rear derailleur hanger 13
tcr.jpg
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

longjnes

by longjnes

Aeo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 pm
Got a frame for a good price
  • 2023 TCR Adv SL
  • Size M
  • Color Raw Carbon
Weights in grams, obviously
  • Fork uncut 341
  • Frame uncut, no hardware, no bolts, no hangers 814
  • Front derailleur tab 16
  • Rear derailleur hanger 13
tcr.jpg
well done, enjoy it. with a similar framekit in XL size (935gr the frame and 335 the fork, both cutted) i built a 6,170kg complete bike with 2 bottlecage and the original garmin mount. very very light frame, probably as light as the new.