New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bmrk

by bmrk

WizzyBob wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:25 pm
Is anybody using a one piece bb in their tcr advanced sl frame (2022 model specifically)

I'm interested in either a hambini or bbinfinite but I just need to know if they're compatible, are there any obstructions that would stop one of these going in?

Cheers

Cheers

If you're using mechanical shifting you will need a "necked" version (smaller diameter in the center) of a hambini bb or similar. If using eletronic shifting it fits without problems as there is no cable guide obstruction underneath the BB.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WizzyBob

by WizzyBob

bmrk wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:46 pm
WizzyBob wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:25 pm
Is anybody using a one piece bb in their tcr advanced sl frame (2022 model specifically)

I'm interested in either a hambini or bbinfinite but I just need to know if they're compatible, are there any obstructions that would stop one of these going in?

Cheers

Cheers

If you're using mechanical shifting you will need a "necked" version (smaller diameter in the center) of a hambini bb or similar. If using eletronic shifting it fits without problems as there is no cable guide obstruction underneath the BB.
Ok great thanks for that

Doyler

by Doyler

New to me. TCR Advanced Raw Carbon. Large
Campag EPS 12 speed.
Cosmic SLR 45
7.32kg with the Selle Italia saddle. About 7.21 if I put the Berk Lupina on.
Last edited by Doyler on Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sand

by Sand

Greetings, first time poster, long time lurker here.

I bought a TCR Advanced SL 2021 Rim Brake Framset from an authorized distributor in Colombia. They told me the frame did not come with ISP Seat Clamp, so I bought the frameset figuring I could just buy the seat clamp somewhere else. However, there are two versions of the ISP running around on the market. There's the MY16+ (2016 version) meant for the regular tear shaped tubes frames, and there's an MY21 version, for the truncated ellipse shaped tubes on the 2021; the one I bought.

I already bought an MY16 ISP seat clamp, it doesn't fit on the 2021 SL Frame that I have. I've found the MY21 seat clamp on other online pages, but it costs around 150 USD with shipping. I know 150 USD on top of a 2.2K USD frameset is "nothing" but getting the part that makes sense to come included with the frame is becoming kind of a hazzle.

The local distributor has never had the MY21 seat clamp in stock, they don't seem to be having it in stock any time soon and I've exhausted my options with this local distributor.

Context out of the way, for my questions.

- Has anyone bought a 2021 SL Frameset that did not come with the seat clamps?
- Where else can I reach out to Giant to see if I can get the MY21 seat clamp?

I want to see if someone at Giant can supply to me the seat clamp that I'm owed before I incurr in further; unforseen, expenses. Sorry if that last bit passed as me being too entitled.

Granted, I'm not without fault from buying an incomplete frame, while being explicitly told it was incomplete. I was too naive thinking that getting the ISP was going to be easy and cheaper.

Thank you in advance.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Sand wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:10 am

I bought a TCR Advanced SL 2021 Rim Brake Framset from an authorized distributor in Colombia. They told me the frame did not come with ISP Seat Clamp, so I bought the frameset figuring I could just buy the seat clamp somewhere else. However, there are two versions of the ISP running around on the market. There's the MY16+ (2016 version) meant for the regular tear shaped tubes frames, and there's an MY21 version, for the truncated ellipse shaped tubes on the 2021; the one I bought.

I already bought an MY16 ISP seat clamp, it doesn't fit on the 2021 SL Frame that I have. I've found the MY21 seat clamp on other online pages, but it costs around 150 USD with shipping. I know 150 USD on top of a 2.2K USD frameset is "nothing" but getting the part that makes sense to come included with the frame is becoming kind of a hazzle.

The local distributor has never had the MY21 seat clamp in stock, they don't seem to be having it in stock any time soon and I've exhausted my options with this local distributor.

I want to see if someone at Giant can supply to me the seat clamp that I'm owed before I incurr in further; unforseen, expenses. Sorry if that last bit passed as me being too entitled.

Granted, I'm not without fault from buying an incomplete frame, while being explicitly told it was incomplete. I was too naive thinking that getting the ISP was going to be easy and cheaper.

Thank you in advance.
@euphoria0616 on Insta sells his lighter, improved 7075/Ti ISP clamp for ~90USD

Your biggest issue is shipping to South America

bedampft

by bedampft

Sand wrote:

Thank you in advance.
You've been ripped off. All SL frameset and bikes come with two seatpost tops. A short and a long one.
Every Giant Dealer should be able to order either of those as a spare part. You living in Colombia?

naylor343

by naylor343

StiffWeenies wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:04 am
Sand wrote:

Thank you in advance.
@euphoria0616 on Insta sells his lighter, improved 7075/Ti ISP clamp for ~90USD

Your biggest issue is shipping to South America
The $90 from the US appears a good deal. If however it does not work out, Giant Spares in the UK have both options, the long and short clamp. Orders over £35 outside EU are free delivery to most countries and VAT is removed.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/browse_ ... -SL-1-Disc

bobones

by bobones

There are some options on AliExpress with delivery to Columbia for about $100 US but I'm not sure if tax will be added to that.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004573388406.html

Given that each TCR Adv SL comes with a long and short ISP clamp, you could try finding some existing owners in your country and asking if they would part with their spare clamp. Also keep an eye on eBay.

bsharp77

by bsharp77

StiffWeenies wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:28 pm
I found this very cool CNC'ed seatpost topper for the TCR Advanced SL that saves 35g over the original. The body is made of 7075 while the clamp is made of titanium. You can read more about it on Tieba and buy it on Taobao.

Just building up a TCR SL and seen this - has anyone ever managed to order one?
I've found them on Instagram but havent had a reply to a message - they have a photo on there of an anodised purple version which would look amazing on my Astral Aura frameset.

Sand

by Sand

Thank you everyone for the replies.
bedampft wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:31 am
You've been ripped off. All SL frameset and bikes come with two seatpost tops. A short and a long one.
Every Giant Dealer should be able to order either of those as a spare part. You living in Colombia?
Yes, I live in Colombia. Giant Colombia doesn't seem to be able to help me any further. I e-mailed Giant USA and they told me to talk with Giant Colombia.

Further down the road I might figure out why Giant Colombia doesn't stock the proper SL seat clamp for their frames or has the SL frames without the seat clamp.

I talked with the seller today, he is trying to get me a MY21 seat clamp from anyone, other stores, friends, acquaintances, nothing. It almost feels as if I'm the first person in this country who bought that frame since there are no spare clamps...anywhere.

With that out of the way, I'm biting the bullet and getting the seat clamp from wherever and pay up.

My silver linning out of all this mess, is that it seems I'm building a one of kind bicycle in this country, not really, but...sigh, small confort.

I'll post pictures if I ever manage to get this build done.

Once again, thank you everyone for the replies.

ABogle

by ABogle

Does anyone reckon 7 to 7.3kg is possible for a 23 regular rim brake TCR frame is feasible without anything exotic, just some light alloys and DA mech groupset but without a carbon bars and saddle?

bobones

by bobones

ABogle wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:37 pm
Does anyone reckon 7 to 7.3kg is possible for a 23 regular rim brake TCR frame is feasible without anything exotic, just some light alloys and DA mech groupset but without a carbon bars and saddle?
For an advanced SL, yes, no problem. Not so sure about other models.

zirxo

by zirxo

I think my MY16 Advanced Pro with mech Ultegra and stock wheels weighed in at about 7.3 or so, but I might be mixing that up with some other bike I've had.

Sand

by Sand

ABogle wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:37 pm
I currently have the 2020 rim brake version of the regular TCR Advanced on size M. It weighs 7.8kg, with Ultegra R8000 Groupset, 40 cm alloy bar and 100 mm alloy stem. The most "exotic" thing is the wheelset, a pair of Mavic Cosmic SL 40.

I think it can get lower than that, but for that frameset I really don't think it's worth it. Don't be mistaken, for me it has been excellent frameset, no issues whatsoever. But I wouldn't advise to make a weight weenie build with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chupster98

by chupster98

Sand - I've bought Giant parts from this Aliexpress store.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... 96428%21sh

Screenshot 2023-03-31 130100.jpg
2020 Giant Revolt Advanced 0
2016 Giant TCR Advanced SL
2014 Santa Cruz 5010 CC