WW cassette which is not SRAM/Shimano, but still works?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cheapvega

by cheapvega

I played with the indexing and now my ZTTO shifts pretty nicely. Going to see how they do as the miles pile on

kroem

by kroem

takolino wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:43 pm
+1 on the JjGbike/Sroad. They seem close to the Sram, made in a similar way as sone piece machined steel. Slightly heavier but not by much. More sizes seem to be on the way as seen on Amazon. Price is really good compared to Sram XG1190. Also have wider range options but spacing is not ideal for road. I wish they had tighter spacing on the smaller cogs. What I really want is a 11-36 with 11-12-13- for 1X to run with 50t chainring.

I tried ZTTO and they skipped on my first ride with new chain. This was on the smaller steel cogs. Maybe their tolerances are not that great. I've heard that the Rotor aluminum cogs wear out sooner than steel which makes sense. Hard to beat the XG1190 in shifting, weight and durability but I guess you get what you pay for.
Sroad have a 10-36 with 10-11-12 me thinkz
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Yoln

by Yoln

RichardL wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:38 pm
Yoln wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:00 pm
Honestly only recon is at par with shifting quality of shimano, I've had very bad experience with ZTTO, they qre light and work, but shifting is tedious to say the least
Recon aluminum shifts like crap, even on Dura-Ace Di2. ZTTO SLR2 shifts as smooth as butter.
Recon cr-mo unibody, not aluminum. I wouldn't put a crappy aluminum cassette on any bike...
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

MichaelB

by MichaelB

So, finally looking at taking the plunge on a 11-32 ZTTO, but there is a A$20 difference ($55 vs $75 when the 11 Nov sale kicks in) between the SLR and SLR2 (from the Aliexpress official ZTTO store).

Is there a noticeable difference between them ?

ZTTO SLR or
ZTTO SLR2

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I'm using a JG Bike SROAD 1-34t cassette and it shifts just as well as a Shimano one but almost 90g lighter: 337g (claimed) for the Shimano vs the 249g (measured) for the SROAD.

ericlambi

by ericlambi

I bought a rotor cassette for a WW wheelset (Far East Feder). It's definitely noisier and less quick shifting than Dura Ace, but seems to function at an acceptable level so far.

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Anyone else with feedback on the JGbike SROAD cassette? I've only just come across them - for the price, they're pretty attractive. How do they perform (in terms of shifting, longevity, creaking etc) ?

kroem

by kroem

GeoffS wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:16 pm
Anyone else with feedback on the JGbike SROAD cassette? I've only just come across them - for the price, they're pretty attractive. How do they perform (in terms of shifting, longevity, creaking etc) ?
I'm using the 10-36 SROAD on my gravel - I really like the range, and seems to shift fine. 280ish grams is nice too :)
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

GeoffS wrote:
I have the 11-28 shifting is good enough I forget I am not using a Shimano cassette, and no creaking.

wltz

by wltz

Yoln wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:16 pm
RichardL wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:38 pm
Yoln wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:00 pm
Honestly only recon is at par with shifting quality of shimano, I've had very bad experience with ZTTO, they qre light and work, but shifting is tedious to say the least
Recon aluminum shifts like crap, even on Dura-Ace Di2. ZTTO SLR2 shifts as smooth as butter.
Recon cr-mo unibody, not aluminum. I wouldn't put a crappy aluminum cassette on any bike...
I couldn't get my Cr-Mo Recon 11-32 cassette to shift from 15t to 16t on Di2. Well not just me but the best LBS around where I live couldn't either. It would shift in the stand every other time, but not on the road. Massive disappointment as it's a really beautiful cassette (and because I missed the return deadline).

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Yeah, mine 11-25 on Di2 shift great on most of its range. But there is a spot smack in the middle of the cassette that it hesitate and slow to shift. I think it's somewhere around 16t.
Mine always shift on every gear. Just on the worst spot, it takes more time than average (like wait for almost a whole rotation of the wheel to shift, rather than near instant shift).

RDY

by RDY

Are SRoad SLR2 and ZTTO SLR2 road 11s road cassettes the same thing? Or not?

tommasini

by tommasini

I'm sold on the Recon steel Mono-block. Great shifting and seeing good wear resistance with my first one so put a second on my other road bike. But do stay away from aluminum.

Also just bought an Omni racer full titanium. Had an itch to scratch (to lose a few more grams from my lightest rig). Will see if it's any good this coming season.

GeoffS

by GeoffS

RDY wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:22 am
Are SRoad SLR2 and ZTTO SLR2 road 11s road cassettes the same thing? Or not?
No, construction is quite different, and the JGbike cassette is just called "SROAD" not SRoad SLR2.

I would be interested to learn more about the background of JGbike - their website lists a US address but the wording suggests they're not native English speakers.
Attachments
JGbike 2.jpg
ZTTO.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iamraymond

by iamraymond

GeoffS wrote:
I had been previously using an 11-32t cassette, but wanted a bit of extra gearing for an event so I bought a cheap Shimano 105 11-34t cassette and I was very pleased with the shifting; I loved the 1:1 gearing with my 50/34. The 34t cog kept my legs fresh and it was especially useful during the gravel sections of the race where I needed to remain seated and hold a steady cadence.

I wasn't fond of the weight of the 105 cassette and the Ultegra 11-34 wasn't much lighter. I found the JGbike SROAD cassettes and I’m experimenting with their 11-34t on my new bike. I’ve done a few hundred kms on it now and I’m happy to report that the shifting is just as good as any Shimano or SRAM cassette I’ve used.

Only thing I didn't like was the super tight machining of the lock ring which means you have to make sure the lock ring tool is perfectly straight to fit in properly.

Its milled out of a single block of steel just like the XG1190 cassettes and it weighs in at 249g