WW cassette which is not SRAM/Shimano, but still works?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I'll get an JG 11-32t and see how it goes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

GeoffS wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:53 am
RDY wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:22 am
Are SRoad SLR2 and ZTTO SLR2 road 11s road cassettes the same thing? Or not?
No, construction is quite different, and the JGbike cassette is just called "SROAD" not SRoad SLR2.

I would be interested to learn more about the background of JGbike - their website lists a US address but the wording suggests they're not native English speakers.
Thanks. Indeed the ZTTO and SRoad ones are totally different. Weird that they'd choose to brand them the same.

The JGRoad are identical to the Sroad ones - compare pics and product code. JG are just retailing the SRoad cassette.

DHG01

by DHG01

My impression was that the Sroad in AliExpress is similar to ZTTO, combining steel and aluminum; unlike the single piece JGbike.

RDY

by RDY

DHG01 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:25 pm
My impression was that the Sroad in AliExpress is similar to ZTTO, combining steel and aluminum; unlike the single piece JGbike.
Just look at the photos and product codes printed on rear of cassette. The more expensive SRoad cassette on Ali is identical to the SRoad cassette sold by JG.

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

I bought the sunshine 12 speed 11-32t for my road bike with force axs and also having problems with a jumping chain on 2 gears in the middle of the cassette. Still can't figure out why.

Now tempted to try the Sroad option.......
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

kode54

by kode54

ZTTO and Sroad not the same. Sroad quality is nice and can order through Amazon. Pricing is more than Ali but at least you get it quicker.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

iamraymond wrote:
GeoffS wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:16 pm
Anyone else with feedback on the JGbike SROAD cassette? I've only just come across them - for the price, they're pretty attractive. How do they perform (in terms of shifting, longevity, creaking etc) ?
I had been previously using an 11-32t cassette, but wanted a bit of extra gearing for an event so I bought a cheap Shimano 105 11-34t cassette and I was very pleased with the shifting; I loved the 1:1 gearing with my 50/34. The 34t cog kept my legs fresh and it was especially useful during the gravel sections of the race where I needed to remain seated and hold a steady cadence.

I wasn't fond of the weight of the 105 cassette and the Ultegra 11-34 wasn't much lighter. I found the JGbike SROAD cassettes and I’m experimenting with their 11-34t on my new bike. I’ve done a few hundred kms on it now and I’m happy to report that the shifting is just as good as any Shimano or SRAM cassette I’ve used.

Only thing I didn't like was the super tight machining of the lock ring which means you have to make sure the lock ring tool is perfectly straight to fit in properly.

Its milled out of a single block of steel just like the XG1190 cassettes and it weighs in at 249g
I used the Ultegra lock ring instead of the Sroad version.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Supersix56

by Supersix56

RDY wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:30 pm
DHG01 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:25 pm
Just look at the photos and product codes printed on rear of cassette. The more expensive SRoad cassette on Ali is identical to the SRoad cassette sold by JG.
You cant go by that. People steal photos or use old stuff. You have bogus sellers putting out misinformation on the competition.
Portland based
Sagan SS 2012 Team Issue

kode54

by kode54

This is true. Photos may not be the actual item especially on Ali.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

RDY

by RDY

They are, in this case. The JG cassette is simply the most expensive SRoad version. There are no alterations.

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Perhaps this is the company that actually makes the SROAD cassettes?
http://en.flysroad.cn/product/14/

jencvo

by jencvo

Had a 3hr ride yesterday on JG SRoad 11-32 cassette. Weight came in at 220g, dropped a good amount of weight from 105 11-30 I used to run. First impression was really good, didn't notice any difference in shifting performance, even during sprinting under heavier load (1000+W). Will keep an eye out on longevity but in terms of shifting, so far so good!

GS100

by GS100

Some of these options coming in heavier than the shimano or campy originals though? My 11s campy SR is 194g..

Otherwise I heard Recon is good, although maybe hard to come by at the moment outside of the US. A steel monoblock is certainly an appealing aftermarket option. Don't get alu..

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Well, if 50/34 chainrings are all made with aluminum.
I think cassette that approach 30t or more teeth should be able to be made with aluminum without durability concerns on those cogs. For example, 11-32 cassette with only 28t and 32t cog made of aluminum wouldn't ring my alarm bell. But if half of the cassette is aluminum then I wouldn't buy it.

montee

by montee

A few Amazon reviews complain about SRoad durability. Anyone here with experience?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com