more economical alternative to the Campagnolo chain tool?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jih

by jih

Topeak All Speeds chain tool is well worth considering. It deals with Campag fine including the peening, and is a much nicer tool to work with than the price would suggest. I've got this and the Park, and I prefer the Topeak.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

jih wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:02 pm
Topeak All Speeds chain tool is well worth considering. It deals with Campag fine including the peening, and is a much nicer tool to work with than the price would suggest. I've got this and the Park, and I prefer the Topeak.
Mine has quite a lot of thread play, resulting in a cork screw action for the pusher. Probably the tolerances vary being so cheap. When i got the park it was an improvement but pusher broke fast and end was stuck, so back to the topeak. The two tools plus the few ruined campag pins....almost the money for the campy tool grrr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Has anyone tried the new Campag UT-CN400? I have a few 11 speed bikes and one 12 speed and I feel if Campag goes 13 for road groups in the near future, spending the extra $$$ for the UT-CN400 would be future proofing my tool kit.