Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Maddie

by Maddie

Well done!

C36

by C36

zappafile123 wrote:
C36 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:27 pm
For those willing to go full WW and scrap paint there is 33g to win.

313.5 for the 380x110 stock
278.5 sanded and with 2 layers of clear coat.

Post sanding
Nice work there. What was your process exactly?
Please don’t take me as a reference, there are many forum members who are experts on the field but it that was a good learning.

To start I was not brave enough to try with a blade and went with 350 sand paper (dry). Main post mort learning is that the layer of paint / clear coat / primer is very irregular. Very thick on the stem where they need to smooth a lot the junction, thin on the drops. Seeing little progress on the stem I switched to 150 and that has been too agressive for some parts where I clearly went through the first carbon layer.

The connection with the bends has quite some filler and trying to remove it to have a clean aspect I also went through the first layer in some parts. I am not too concerned cause they are parts where you have the male and female parts overlaying so thicker.

Once I understood it better I switched back to 350 dry, then 600 wet and 1000 wet and 2000wet. Somehow managed to not leave scratches from the 150

The problem with the wet is not really seeing what you are sanding it all looks black. On occasions I revert back to dry sanding to remove spots of clear coat since it makes white dust when you are not sanding carbon I had the feeling to better control what I was doing.

On the clear coat I had issues to spray it even so I sanded it twice before getting 2 nice layers.

Edit: I started under the stem and it is quite a mess with quite poorly placed carbon layers… it confused me a lot trying to understand what I was doing, places have 3k, others pieces of UD in a bit “random” way.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

dgdracing wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:26 pm
I have received my F1x and the raw carbon look fits really nicely to my bike. The OD1 spacer was surprisingly ok, but not perfect since it left a bit of steerer beering uncovered. I got some nice 3d print spacers, which already combine 1 standard spacer and the OD1. Final pictures will come soon :)

Weight savings are 50% accounted by a much lighter Wahoo mount.
Hi, can you check the stack hight of the F1X stem - is it the usual 40mm? Many thanks.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Luften

by Luften

dgdracing wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:26 pm
I have received my F1x and the raw carbon look fits really nicely to my bike. The OD1 spacer was surprisingly ok, but not perfect since it left a bit of steerer beering uncovered. I got some nice 3d print spacers, which already combine 1 standard spacer and the OD1. Final pictures will come soon :)

Weight savings are 50% accounted by a much lighter Wahoo mount.
Hi, would you be able to repost the first two pictures? They don't seem to show up properly (all black images on my side).

Also do you have any pics of it installed on your bike?

These are on my shortlist as well. Thank you.

dgdracing

by dgdracing

Hi, stack height is 40mm. I am surprised after riding it a couple of times about 2 things.
The tubes at the drops is quite thin/narrow -> thicker bar tape could be used than before.
The stiffness is crazy, before I had an 3T Ltd Team carbon with standard Procraft ST2 stem and this had a lot more flex.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dgdinschw ... datetaken/
If someone is interested in the 3D printed all-in-one spacer for "standard" bike frames, just post it - I have the files somewhere :)