Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

floriansantana

by floriansantana

cajer wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:44 am
Has this been addressed? This seems like a big issue, and am suprised that GPlama didn't catch it.
Just to be clear: We are talking +/- 2% here, so you won’t even notice it, if there is any inaccuracies. Riding at 300W that means +/- 6W at most. I’ve had both Sigeyi and Power2Max and there is no noticeable difference.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

glepore

by glepore

arcatern wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:06 am
glepore wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:54 pm
Yeah, the only unit I had outright fail was a Quarq (I've had powertap, several srms, Quarqs, P2M and now Sigeyi). It was a several year old unit though.
I had a quarq crap out too.
Now looking at Power2max (had one, zero issues, sold it with the bike it was on) and Sigeyi. What's you're experience been between the two? On paper Sigeyi is cheaper and lighter.
The P2M I have is an older battery unit, and its been bulletproof on a gravel bike. The Sigeyi is about a year old, on my primary road bike, and has been flawless. The accuracy is in line with my other units (not that I've graphed and tested, but looking at power files on identical courses). The Sigeyi app allows you to scale if needed, but its applied across the board, so not sure that its really useful as when I've I seen inaccuracies with pm's its generally been in response to rapid surges etc rather than something steady state.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

arcatern

by arcatern

glepore wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:00 pm
arcatern wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:06 am
glepore wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:54 pm
Yeah, the only unit I had outright fail was a Quarq (I've had powertap, several srms, Quarqs, P2M and now Sigeyi). It was a several year old unit though.
I had a quarq crap out too.
Now looking at Power2max (had one, zero issues, sold it with the bike it was on) and Sigeyi. What's you're experience been between the two? On paper Sigeyi is cheaper and lighter.
The P2M I have is an older battery unit, and its been bulletproof on a gravel bike. The Sigeyi is about a year old, on my primary road bike, and has been flawless. The accuracy is in line with my other units (not that I've graphed and tested, but looking at power files on identical courses). The Sigeyi app allows you to scale if needed, but its applied across the board, so not sure that its really useful as when I've I seen inaccuracies with pm's its generally been in response to rapid surges etc rather than something steady state.
doesn't having access to scale your PM numbers open a whole can of worms re: power doping on Zwift?

cajer

by cajer

I had a Xcadey power meter that was showing me outputting 4500W in a sprint (normally sub 1k). It was hilarious. I should have tried hooking up to to Zwift.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

arcatern wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:35 am

doesn't having access to scale your PM numbers open a whole can of worms re: power doping on Zwift?

Many power meters allow you to set a scale factor.

Every power meter pedal must have a user-defined crank length. You could easily double your power by defining a crank length of 350mm.

And of course in a situation like Zwift you could literally just create stream fake power data over ANT+ all day.

gplama

by gplama

cajer wrote:
Has this been addressed? This seems like a big issue, and am suprised that GPlama didn't catch it.
Checking in.... This is why it's useful to have three power meters when testing if possible. And/or to get a shitton of repeated data sets to be confident.

The Favero pedals are good, damn good. They're not perfect. More on this one day... maybe...

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Curious, is there a perfect powermeter?

gplama

by gplama

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:29 am
Curious, is there a perfect powermeter?
No. There's some really shitty ones out there though. 🤣

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

gplama wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:40 am
cajer wrote:
Checking in.... This is why it's useful to have three power meters when testing if possible. And/or to get a shitton of repeated data sets to be confident.

The Favero pedals are good, damn good. They're not perfect. More on this one day... maybe...
I have 2 pairs of Feveros and 2 PowerTap wheels. The Faveros read about 2% or 3% lower than the PowerTaps.

The curious thing is that comparing smoothed 5s data sometimes they read near identical for as much as 20 or 30s, and sometimes there's a gap. No idea why
Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg

RyanH

by RyanH

robbosmans wrote:Curious, is there a perfect powermeter?
*cough* SRM *cough*

arcatern

by arcatern

RyanH wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:01 am
*cough* SRM *cough*
nope. price too high ;)

gplama

by gplama

RyanH wrote:
*cough* SRM *cough*
SRM left the chat a long time ago. Their SRM X-Power SPD pedals are an embarrassment.

I just wish Shimano would buy them out and improve / innovate / integrate their tech.

Lina

by Lina

RyanH wrote:
*cough* SRM *cough*
Has never been. SRMs claim to fame is being one of the first in market.

RDY

by RDY

gplama wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:59 am
RyanH wrote:
*cough* SRM *cough*
SRM left the chat a long time ago. Their SRM X-Power SPD pedals are an embarrassment.

I just wish Shimano would buy them out and improve / innovate / integrate their tech.
Sorry. Had to laugh at this.

The only way Shimano buy them out is if they get wind of one of their potential competitors buying them, say FSA (who were sniffing around Pioneer), or one of the upcoming Chinese outfits.

If they do it, it's very likely they do exactly what they did with Pioneer. After a few months begin making all the staff redundant, shutting the company down, and killing support for all the products and infrastructure.

Also, improve / innovate? Come on ... you yourself were scathing about their latest PM failure.

I'd rather LTWOO or Sensah bought them. Though the chances of them being able to outbid Shimano are nil.

But maybe you're talking about an ideal world where Shimano isn't just out to stifle competition and innovation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

gplama wrote:
RyanH wrote:
*cough* SRM *cough*

Sure, they came out with a bad product but I don't think I've seen you test their spider based power meters. I've had 2 dzero dub PM's recently that had up to a 5% left right discrepancy and power over read on them up to 8% high as force increased. This is based on calibrated weights and baseline hill repeats. I can't even keep the Quarq baseline consistent with static load whereas my daily driver SRM is reading within 1% of when I last tested it a year ago. I've also had two other dzero dub that output weird numbers too but I didn't check LR readings. Either way, it's something that I haven't seen you or DC Rainmaker point out.

At the end of the day, a power meter is a training tool and its sole purpose is to give reliable data. Stages, Quarq and Shimano don't meet that mark. I have tons of data to prove that. SRM may not have the latest features but it's the only PM that I don't have to worry if the numbers on the screen are off or not.

I'm a data geek like you, so I've had about 40 PMs come through my hands (over half of them SRM - I have 6, going on 7 SRMs at the moment). I calibrate all of them with a certified weight and validate their outputs on a fixed distance steep hill. My calibrated SRMs match SRMs that just come back from Colorado (within 0.5%). My other PMs are all over the place.