Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

raisinberry777 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:07 am
Sigeyi now stocking their own branded crankset:

https://www.sigeyishop.com/product/sige ... -crankset/

Not sure if still made by Zrace as the last one was, but it's nice to have the option. Nice to see that branding is minimal too.
It's a rebranded Fovno Aurora Pro

R314

by R314

StiffWeenies wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:32 am
raisinberry777 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:07 am
Sigeyi now stocking their own branded crankset:

https://www.sigeyishop.com/product/sige ... -crankset/

Not sure if still made by Zrace as the last one was, but it's nice to have the option. Nice to see that branding is minimal too.
It's a rebranded Fovno Aurora Pro
This video worth to watch https://youtu.be/zzkB_iROYRg it would be nice to know if they fixed the axle to crankarm interface issue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

preludervtec

by preludervtec

gplama wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:17 am
Two rides with the 104 BCD Sigeyi AXO (RaceFace spider) - I had to scale it down 5.5% to match the Rally XC200 (which was a % or two higher than the DiretoXR..... acceptable given I'm testing on a dual suspension MTB on the trainer). More data needed with a few more pedal meters before I'll be happy with the down scaling. It'd be interesting to know why the smaller BCD meter reads high out of the box..... 
I had to scale down my Sigeyi power meter 7% to match my Kickr and Quarq power meters. I contaced Sigeyi with my test results and they weren't sure why I was having to do that. They thought that maybe it was because I was using a 110BCD 1X chainring.

gplama

by gplama

preludervtec wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:43 pm
I had to scale down my Sigeyi power meter 7% to match my Kickr and Quarq power meters. I contaced Sigeyi with my test results and they weren't sure why I was having to do that. They thought that maybe it was because I was using a 110BCD 1X chainring.
I'm also using a 1x chainring on this new meter (as I did with another unit of theirs that was spot-on). That really shouldn't be the issue.

I could tee off on this... but keeping it polite - There should be no guesswork from these companies. Not on their own products.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

hmm so is the old hardware v4 the more accurate power meter than the newer ones which still needs many firmware improvements to become reliable?

Sigeyi (back in v4) used to be more accurate than Magene. But it seems current hardware version are closely similar to Magene spider?

gplama

by gplama

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:04 am
hmm so is the old hardware v4 the more accurate power meter than the newer ones which still needs many firmware improvements to become reliable?

Sigeyi (back in v4) used to be more accurate than Magene. But it seems current hardware version are closely similar to Magene spider?
This new RaceFace SIGEYI spider I have reports Hardware Version: "PM_V2.9".... It has firmware version 2.12 on it. The -5.5% scaling is holding up very well indoors against the DiretoXR and three different types of pedal power meters. I'll need another day of testing outside before I'll be happy with it.

I wonder if they calibrate the smaller BCD differently? I'll ping them on this.

In other news... a set of Magene QED cranks arrived today. 172.5. DUB. 147mm width. I'm keen to see if they'll be more durable on the gravel bike as I've toally funked up the SRAM carbon cranks I've been using/testing with by hitting too many rocks.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I hope they're a lot stiffer than the boiled spaghetti P325CS cranks.

gplama

by gplama

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:51 am
I hope they're a lot stiffer than the boiled spaghetti P325CS cranks.
🤣

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

gplama wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:32 am
Hexsense wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:04 am

This new RaceFace SIGEYI spider I have reports Hardware Version: "PM_V2.9".... It has firmware version 2.12 on it. The -5.5% scaling is holding up very well indoors against the DiretoXR and three different types of pedal power meters. I'll need another day of testing outside before I'll be happy with it.

I wonder if they calibrate the smaller BCD differently? I'll ping them on this.

In other news... a set of Magene QED cranks arrived today. 172.5. DUB. 147mm width. I'm keen to see if they'll be more durable on the gravel bike as I've toally funked up the SRAM carbon cranks I've been using/testing with by hitting too many rocks.
Can you confirm if the QED is just a regular 8-bolt crank? I wonder if you can fit a Sigeyi or Quarq 8-bolt 107BCD PM spider on it

gplama

by gplama

StiffWeenies wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:20 am
Can you confirm if the QED is just a regular 8-bolt crank? I wonder if you can fit a Sigeyi or Quarq 8-bolt 107BCD PM spider on it
I was hoping it was so I could put it on my gravel bike with the 8 bolt meters I have here... but it isn't... it looks to be Shimano direct mount compatible at first glance.

You can see it in their video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_xUCksWnk8

Aeo

by Aeo

Older hardware rev also got an update
IMG_4884.jpg
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

hansotto089

by hansotto089

How can I tell whether an AXO is for 1x or 2x? Or always compatible for both?

Aeo

by Aeo

PM_2.14_230227
IMG_5063.PNG
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

Aeo

by Aeo

Mystical changelog
IMG_5077.PNG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gplama

by gplama

Aeo wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:42 pm
Mystical changelog
:lol: :lol: