Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Haven't found any info on the internet about this thing so I figured I'd put some words about it up. I just purchased it from China and hopefully I can get it in a few weeks for some first impressions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

There's some discussion about them (in Spanish) at ForoMTB. First impressions seem good:

https://www.foromtb.com/threads/pontenc ... 37/page-10

addictR1

by addictR1

Subscribed.. wait to hear reviews

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

i like they offer 3 bolt crank option. You can find older sram red crank for dirt cheap. With Quarq installing spider to 3 bolt crank requires factory calibration, how do Sigeyi achieve it without

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

ChiZ01 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:55 am
i like they offer 3 bolt crank option. You can find older sram red crank for dirt cheap. With Quarq installing spider to 3 bolt crank requires factory calibration, how do Sigeyi achieve it without
That's more about the generation of Quarq rather than the 3 bolt interface. Power2max also make spiders for the 3 bolt interface without factory calibration.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

I've got one of these on my indoor bike, running it on Force 22 with GXP. Compared with other PM's it's actually quite good in normal ranges, compared with Quarq, 4iiii and Stages I've used on other bikes. However once every 2000kms or so it goes crazy and runs mad high numbers and needs to be recalibrated. This is really annoying as it screws up your long term power detail you aren't paying attention. Also the update system over bluetooth with Android or Apple doesn't seem to work well for me at all and I have both systems.

I think it's fine as a first power meter, if you're on a budget or an indoor trainer PM it could be a good choice. It charges well and hasn't had too many issues other than the recalibration, I've had it well over a year.

Hardware 10/10
Software 5/10

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Im actually interested on how their crank arm PM works. Looks like theyve tapped into Stages/4iiiis market as well.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

What's the case for this at $300? Is it just easier to get in your spec than a used Quarq/P2M?

velolive

by velolive

Local team uses two Sigeyi cranks: hardware is very good, software can be better.
Latest firmware 2.9 fixed some issues.
Just ordered axo cx spider, will update with data later.
So far good alterntive for cheap xcadeys.
Quark/P2M way more $$$ :(

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

jfranci3 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:38 pm
What's the case for this at $300? Is it just easier to get in your spec than a used Quarq/P2M?
For me its mostly weight considerations, its 50g lighter than a P2M and I'm trying out 150mm cranks which only Rotor does, and Sigeyi happens to make a cheap, light, rechargable (not a huge consideration) PM spider for it.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

How? A Sram P2M(USB bat) weight 152gr 110mm; Quarq 125g (w/o battery) ; They're quoting 110gr; There's not much to these things. Maybe they're magnetic USB charger saves housing weight?

EDIT: It looks like the USB P2M is 8gr lighter than the coin one to my suprise, so assuming they copied quarq, 110gr is somewhat realistic.

velolive

by velolive

83 g only, axo sram mtb(boost)
axo1_weight.jpg
axo2_weight.jpg
Lewn777 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:12 pm
However once every 2000kms or so it goes crazy and runs mad high numbers and needs to be recalibrated. This is really annoying as it screws up your long term power detail you aren't paying attention. Also the update system over bluetooth with Android or Apple doesn't seem to work well for me at all and I have both systems.
This bug was fixed afaik.
Make sure latest app and latest firmware are installed (2.3 for axo)
Power charger must be hooked up before update, sometimes they turn off update server for couple of hours.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

velolive wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:55 pm
83 g only, axo sram mtb(boost)
axo1_weight.jpgaxo2_weight.jpg
Lewn777 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:12 pm
However once every 2000kms or so it goes crazy and runs mad high numbers and needs to be recalibrated. This is really annoying as it screws up your long term power detail you aren't paying attention. Also the update system over bluetooth with Android or Apple doesn't seem to work well for me at all and I have both systems.
This bug was fixed afaik.
Make sure latest app and latest firmware are installed (2.3 for axo)
Power charger must be hooked up before update, sometimes they turn off update server for couple of hours.
Scans app off website nothing happens. Both with Apple and Android. 'Get it on Google Play' but nothing called Sigeyi or AXO on Google play. Did download it once months ago, instructions said PM needs to be charged not being charged. Nothing happened and nothing was updated. Thought it was me, took the bike to the bicycle shop here in China and the shop owner and mechanic couldn't get the update to work either, and they were following the instructions in Chinese.

They really need to get their software act together. Feel sad for the design engineers having their product ruined by retarded software coders. :roll:

velolive

by velolive

I do not know why they are not in the google market, it was ok before.
app
android
Itunes
Last edited by velolive on Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

velolive wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:33 am
I do not know why they are not in google market, it was ok before.
app
android
Itunes
Got it all updated! Thanks for the links. :thumbup:

For anyone else having issues:
1. Download Android or Apple app and allow install.
2. Run the app.
3. Put PM into charge mode (make sure red led is lit on PM).
4. Select device.
5. Select firmware.
6. Hit upload.

Should work, if not try again. If not try other operating system.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com