2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Maddie

by Maddie

There are fork steerer expanders that can help in that case:
https://www.velobike.co.nz/products/ste ... e-extender

scottydonald

by scottydonald

Maddie wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:45 pm
Wow that is wicked.

Ok I still want a 110, 42 in the new handlebar! And one of these!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ODC

by ODC

Maddie wrote:
It’s a option but then i’m always thinking worst case and what when something goes wrong then there is a good chance it’s bye bye warranty.

scottydonald

by scottydonald

ODC wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:53 pm
Maddie wrote:
It’s a option but then i’m always thinking worst case and what when something goes wrong then there is a good chance it’s bye bye warranty.
very true.

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

Regarding the new roval rapide bars we will be producing a range of spacers for those over the next week or so, the first will provide a smooth transition to enable a clean fit on the current sl7 headset spacers
2011 Track Masters World Champion
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized Tarmac SL5 Di2
Specialized epic comp

Sanders2177

by Sanders2177

kppolich wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:54 pm
No weight savings compared to the stock Specialized TA's in my expierence. They include lighter, thinner Brass pieces that aren't up to snuff. Thats the only weight savings and they don't install cleanly if you use them.

They are the same weight once you swap over the stock brass conical washers.

J&L:

Stock:

Anyone looking to save weight. Carbon thru axles 30g a set! https://www.pandapodium.cc/product/over ... thru-axles.
Might get the old SL7 down to 6.25kg with the new integrated bars but will need to weigh them agina existing and a set of these.
However $220 🤔
S Works SL8 54cm 5.94kgs
Winspace SLC M Ultegra R8150 no idea of kgs

Sanders2177

by Sanders2177

RaceWareDirect wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:47 pm
Regarding the new roval rapide bars we will be producing a range of spacers for those over the next week or so, the first will provide a smooth transition to enable a clean fit on the current sl7 headset spacers
Oooh 😮 defo interested!
S Works SL8 54cm 5.94kgs

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Sanders2177 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:01 pm
kppolich wrote:
No weight savings compared to the stock Specialized TA's in my expierence. They include lighter, thinner Brass pieces that aren't up to snuff. Thats the only weight savings and they don't install cleanly if you use them.

J&L:

Stock:

Anyone looking to save weight. Carbon thru axles 30g a set! https://www.pandapodium.cc/product/over ... thru-axles.
Might get the old SL7 down to 6.25kg with the new integrated bars but will need to weigh them agina existing and a set of these.
However $220 🤔
6.25kg what is the parts list for that? Really impressive. But maybe not built with sram axs? It's heavy

I have had J&L for a few years now with great success on different bikes. (rear axle on a Cannondale scalpel si, maybe not the best idea thinking about it...)

But for this bike i decided to get a Robert project axle, 7 grams heavier but feels a lot safer and made in Oregon. It isn't carved out in the middle like J&L, that + a glued 80mm internal sleeve instead of expander makes the front of the bike feel bulletproof. Only the bars can snap now.

Sanders2177

by Sanders2177

eucalyptus wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:23 pm
Sanders2177 wrote:
kppolich wrote:

J&L:

Stock:

However $220 🤔
6.25kg what is the parts list for that? Really impressive. But maybe not built with sram axs? It's heavy

I have had J&L for a few years now with great success on different bikes. (rear axle on a Cannondale scalpel si, maybe not the best idea thinking about it...)

But for this bike i decided to get a Robert project axle, 7 grams heavier but feels a lot safer and made in Oregon. It isn't carved out in the middle like J&L, that + a glued 80mm internal sleeve instead of expander makes the front of the bike feel bulletproof. Only the bars can snap now.

Firstly had my bike custome painted but did not intend on wait saving the frame was the lightest colour model originally so went from 788g to 770g 54cm

Berk Lupina short saddle
Darimo SL7 seatpost
THM crankset
Carbonworks bar end plugs
Maxxis hi road SL tyres 25mm
Ride Now TPU inner tubes
Tune Wasserträger 2.0 bottle cages
Lun Hyper D67 wheels

Bike is currently 6.39kgs with current set up but with new Roval one piece bar and the Overfast thru axles can get this down.
I could get it to 6kgs if I throw 3k down on some enve wheels with tactic racing hubs
S Works SL8 54cm 5.94kgs

phillyt1988

by phillyt1988

Has anyone had any problems with their Roval Rapide CLX II's creaking? I thought it was my BB but swapped the wheels over this weekend to C38's and the creak disappeared.

ODC

by ODC

ccie6872 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:19 pm
Has anyone else experience a 'ticking' but not a creak out of their headset (Sworks SL7 w/ Aerofly2). Happens over small bumps and very consistent. I have double checked the torque of every bolt and I was going to rebuild the entire cockpit. I realize sound travels well in a bike but 99% it is coming from the headset. Spesh doesn't call for a lot of grease or carbon paste...
May i ask which solution you have found for this problem because i have the same with my SL7

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Sanders2177 wrote:
eucalyptus wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:23 pm
Sanders2177 wrote:
kppolich wrote:

J&L:

Stock:

However $220 Image

Firstly had my bike custome painted but did not intend on wait saving the frame was the lightest colour model originally so went from 788g to 770g 54cm

Berk Lupina short saddle
Darimo SL7 seatpost
THM crankset
Carbonworks bar end plugs
Maxxis hi road SL tyres 25mm
Ride Now TPU inner tubes
Tune Wasserträger 2.0 bottle cages
Lun Hyper D67 wheels

Bike is currently 6.39kgs with current set up but with new Roval one piece bar and the Overfast thru axles can get this down.
I could get it to 6kgs if I throw 3k down on some enve wheels with tactic racing hubs
Or save some bucks and pick up some Craftworks 4550.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODC

by ODC

phillyt1988 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:24 pm
Has anyone had any problems with their Roval Rapide CLX II's creaking? I thought it was my BB but swapped the wheels over this weekend to C38's and the creak disappeared.
Front of rear wheel creaking?
I had a problem with my rear wheel that was creaking. Some service and some fresh grease did the job. No creaking after that.

phillyt1988

by phillyt1988

ODC wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:54 pm
Front of rear wheel creaking?
I had a problem with my rear wheel that was creaking. Some service and some fresh grease did the job. No creaking after that.
I'm pretty sure it's the front but I need to do some mix and match to test it. The wheels have only done about 900 miles so wouldn't have thought they need servicing already but I'll add some grease and see if that helps, thanks!

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

RaceWareDirect wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:47 pm
Good to hear from you Martyn and great to see you innovating as always 🙏
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓