2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sanders2177

by Sanders2177

eucalyptus wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:29 am
Sanders2177 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:48 pm
Hey all

Normally I lurke about but have just collected my SL7 with some upgrade from Rhinosworkshop so thought I would post.
Was hoping that Roval aero cockpit might be released after being spotted at the beginning of the year but sadly not as may have brought the weigh down some more but it is probably for the SL8 which I will Likely get 😂.
I could get it down to 5.85kg but it would cost around £6k!! a set or Partington wheels at 1150g and some THM Frontalé bar/stem combo at 220g would do it so I will dream 😂

Complete weigh 6.39kg with dura ace SPD's and cages comprising of:

SL7 Frame custom painted by Fatcreations. Colour is Chromacoat fireball red/black/gold with a slight marble effect just cannot pick it up in photos!
SL7 Stem 120mm 12Deg
Roval Rapide Bars 40cm
Darimo 3k Seatpost
Berk Ploh 3k Carbon Saddle
THM Clavicula 170mm Crank
Carbon TI Evo Chain Rings 52/36
Dura Ace Group with 11-30 Cassette
Ceramic Speed BSA Coated BB
Ceramic Speed Coated OSPW
Sigeyi Direct Mount Derailleur Hanger
Tune Wasserträger Bottle Cages
Winspace Hyper D67 Wheelset
Ridenow TPU inner tubes 85mm
Maxxis high road SL hypr k2 25mm Tyres
Carbonworks.de Bar End Plugs
Burgh Bar Tape
That's crazy good! And that paint is so light. How :shock: dripping in cash haha!

May I ask how much you paid for that paint since I also see they grinded away the old paint first which is very time consuming. I know fat creations are best in business but I never see prices for their work.

Ride, smile and be proud of that beauty.

Well I actually had it painted before by someone else it was cheaper than Fatcreation and I was impatient having Alistair/ fat creation before paint frames and he is as you can imagine mega busy!, but they did a piss poor job the original paint was Carbon/Color Run Silver Green, they said they would strip that back but when i weighed the frame it was alot heavier and the finish was poor, called Alistair and when he stripped it low an behold they had not taken the original paint off and went over the top.
The thing is prices Vary but it cost me £1250, you get what you pay for! would never go elsewhere now learnt an expensive lesson
S Works SL8 54cm 5.94kgs
Winspace SLC M Ultegra R8150 no idea of kgs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sanders2177

by Sanders2177

eucalyptus wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:29 am
Sanders2177 wrote:
Hey all

Normally I lurke about but have just collected my SL7 with some upgrade from Rhinosworkshop so thought I would post.
Was hoping that Roval aero cockpit might be released after being spotted at the beginning of the year but sadly not as may have brought the weigh down some more but it is probably for the SL8 which I will Likely get 😂.
I could get it down to 5.85kg but it would cost around £6k!! a set or Partington wheels at 1150g and some THM Frontalé bar/stem combo at 220g would do it so I will dream 😂

SL7 Frame custom painted by Fatcreations. Colour is Chromacoat fireball red/black/gold with a slight marble effect just cannot pick it up in photos!
SL7 Stem 120mm 12Deg
Roval Rapide Bars 40cm
Darimo 3k Seatpost
Burgh Bar Tape
That's crazy good! And that paint is so light. How :shock: dripping in cash haha!

May I ask how much you paid for that paint since I also see they grinded away the old paint first which is very time consuming. I know fat creations are best in business but I never see prices for their work.

Also if I had £6k lying around I could get it to 5.85kg with 1150gram Partington wheel set and a THM Frontale bar/stem combo 220g but need that money for new SL8 😂

Ride, smile and be proud of that beauty.
S Works SL8 54cm 5.94kgs
Winspace SLC M Ultegra R8150 no idea of kgs

scottydonald

by scottydonald

Sanders2177 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:55 pm
scottydonald wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:20 am
Sanders2177 wrote:
Hey all

SL7 Stem 120mm 12Deg
Roval Rapide Bars 40cm
Darimo 3k Seatpost
Burgh Bar Tape

looks amazing! how come you didnt go one of Ryans hangars?

Ran out of cash 😂. Did not think about it tbh
I know the feeling! I managed to stretch for one!

otnemem

by otnemem

Sanders2177 wrote:
Hey all

That's a good build and that paint job is absolute aces. I would have done quite a few things differently (and I actually did, ahah) but gotta recognize is well thought out.
Also good on you for reminding me about carbonworks' bar plugs. Going to order a pair rn.

CarbonWorks

by CarbonWorks

[/quote]
That's a good build and that paint job is absolute aces. I would have done quite a few things differently (and I actually did, ahah) but gotta recognize is well thought out.
Also good on you for reminding me about carbonworks' bar plugs. Going to order a pair rn.
[/quote]

:up: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :up:
Thank you :)
Simon
carbonworks.de

otnemem

by otnemem

CarbonWorks wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:33 pm
:up: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :up:
Thank you :)
Cheers Simon and F Topeak.

Bregantium

by Bregantium

I know the info is somewhere in those pages of postings about the SL7 but I cannot find it - so have to ask the experts again: my SL7 has a setup many others ride as well, CeramicSpeed BB and Red Etap AXS.
On the crank spindle, which is the right or optimal combination of spacers to be used on DS and NDS?
Thanks!

Zappano

by Zappano

Bregantium wrote:I know the info is somewhere in those pages of postings about the SL7 but I cannot find it - so have to ask the experts again: my SL7 has a setup many others ride as well, CeramicSpeed BB and Red Etap AXS.
On the crank spindle, which is the right or optimal combination of spacers to be used on DS and NDS?
Thanks!
I assume you have a CeramicSpeed BSA to Sram DUB BB?

It’s 1mm on NDS and 3mm on DS.

You can see it in this CeramicSpeed spacer overview for Sram DUB BBs:
https://www.ceramicspeed.com/media/agnp ... 06-new.pdf
S-Works Tarmac SL7
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc (6.6kg)
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Rim (6.8kg)
S-Works Epic HT (8.8kg)
Scott Addict Gravel Tuned

Bregantium

by Bregantium

Zappano wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:57 pm
Bregantium wrote:I know the info is somewhere in those pages of postings about the SL7 but I cannot find it - so have to ask the experts again: my SL7 has a setup many others ride as well, CeramicSpeed BB and Red Etap AXS.
Thanks!
I assume you have a CeramicSpeed BSA to Sram DUB BB?

It’s 1mm on NDS and 3mm on DS.

You can see it in this CeramicSpeed spacer overview for Sram DUB BBs:
https://www.ceramicspeed.com/media/agnp ... 06-new.pdf
this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the info and even the helpful link!

treyxt

by treyxt

Time for some upgrades. Going to move DA front/rear derailleurs to the SL7 from the TT bike, and add a DA crankset (all 11sp) with a new Kogel ceramic BB. Also moving to a waxed chain. I'm moving the Ultegra derailleurs to the TT bike since weight isn't a worry there. I'll leave the ultegra shifters/calipers. Will post a pic once it's all done and cleaned up.
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

Vuong05

by Vuong05

For those using the stock barfly computer mount with their SL7, does anyone have issues with their computers rattling? More specifically, I'm using it with my Wahoo Bolt V2, and the computer rattles quite a bit over bumpy roads. I can feel a little bit of play, when the Wahoo is fully inserted after the full 1/4 turn. I just picked up the mount from my local Specialized dealer last week, so it's practically brand new and not worn out or something like that. The mount itself is securely attached to the SL7 stem. Just seeing if this is a one off, or if other users (Wahoo) are having the same issue?
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

stickyfingers

by stickyfingers

Vuong05 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:42 am
For those using the stock barfly computer mount with their SL7, does anyone have issues with their computers rattling? More specifically, I'm using it with my Wahoo Bolt V2, and the computer rattles quite a bit over bumpy roads. I can feel a little bit of play, when the Wahoo is fully inserted after the full 1/4 turn. I just picked up the mount from my local Specialized dealer last week, so it's practically brand new and not worn out or something like that. The mount itself is securely attached to the SL7 stem. Just seeing if this is a one off, or if other users (Wahoo) are having the same issue?
I have the same set up and it's been solid so far. Maybe try another wahoo insert and see if it still rattles.

jadedaid

by jadedaid

Vuong05 wrote:
I had a rattling wahoo mount on the sl7 caused by loose bolts in the wahoo insert.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

Vuong05 wrote:
I had the same and put a small bit of tape on the Wahoo. It's now snug without rattles.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

How soft / much do your frames flex?
Top and down tube, doing the "thumb" test by pressing with your hand. Can you see the carbon flex?
Like just above the BB (towards headtube direction) if you can squeeze the frame and see it compress with your hand.