2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aeltae

by Aeltae

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:21 am
Aeltae wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:03 pm
Thanks a lot for the answer!

I totally did not know that colors where restricted to certain regions. :?
That's quite a bummer actually.
And it's also very weird. I checked for example on the Specialized websites of France and Germany where the Red Onyx is available but not in Belgium, Switzerland or the Netherlands. Does not really make sense to me to be honest.

But you think a dealer can still other in even when the colors is 'not planned to be released' in a specific country?
The way it has been explained to me, it isn't that certain colros are restricted, but rather market research has shown that certain colors are more popular in different areas, so different styles are targeted to different regions. I would also say that the amount of choice has gone down over the years for different models. This is mostly due to the lessening of groupset options... For example, In 2014-2015, the model line up looked like this:

1. S-Works Tarmac complete bike with two different color options that had dura-ace Di2
2. S-Works Tarmac "race" complete bike two different colorways that had SRAM RED mechanical
3. Tarmac "Pro" complete bike with two colorways that had Dura-ace mechanical
4. Tarmac Expert Di2 Complete bike with two colorways that had Ultegra Di2
5. Tarmac Expert Complete bike with two colorways that had Ultegra Mechanical
6. Tarmac Comp Complete with two colorways that had 105 mechanical.

Plus there'd usually be 4-5 S-Works frame set colorways... that were not used in the complete bike option. Back then, 3 different world team teams were using Specialized, so they each had their livery as an option for the frameset. Also back then, Specialized had a Women's specific model, the Amira, so there were several options there...

When you think now that what you see on the website represents both male and female oriented options and we have really NO mechanical groupset options anymore, there are definetely a LOT less options.
Just in case other people were wondering.
A bit after this post I contacted my local Specialized dealer to see whether he could get his hands on this Satin Red Onyx color somehow. SHortly after new year he gave me the good news that he could order the bike in that color. Meanwhile, the color is also available on the Specialized websites of Belgium, Switzerland and so on, which was not yet the case in December.

I got the bike last week and did my first test ride with it yesterday. I'm absolutely in love with the color, I really like the detail in the paint on the top bars where it's kind of 'mixed' darker/less dark. :D
I chose to keep the Roval Rapide CLX but opted for a Sram Force to lower the price a bit.

So it seems that after all, the colors do become available in all other countries too? Just a bit earlier in some than other?

chorus88

by chorus88

Jaisen wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:19 pm
chorus88 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:40 am
Can someone confirm this.
2023 SL7 Expert comes with Rival (not Ultegra Di2) & the price is 6995 CAD.
I'm still searching for a SL7 w/ULT Di2 in size 52 in Toronto, Canada.
The SL7 Comp comes with Rival, for 6,000$ CAD, the Expert comes with Ultegra for 8,000$, as far as I can see on the website. I don't see any in stock anywhere in Canada. There are some available in the USA, like NJ, which might be able to ship to you, but the price is even higher in the US at 8,300$ USD.
2022 SL7 Comp comes with Rival, for $6,000 CAD, the 2022 SL7 Expert comes with Ultegra for $8,000 CAD.

Again...
2023 SL7 Expert comes with Rival (not Ultegra Di2) & the price is $6995 CAD.
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HHH

by HHH

Where have you seen it?
It doesn’t exist an Expert 2023.
It's the same 2022 bike...
No changes...no new colours...no new spec...

pushpush

by pushpush

biglmbass wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:47 pm
What's the going rate for a top quality paint job? Frame only, preferably from a Specialized authorized paint shop. Is there a place to find a list of Spec authorized painters in the US?
I was recently quoted 6-800 depending on paint design.

Jaisen

by Jaisen

chorus88 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:07 pm
Jaisen wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:19 pm
chorus88 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:40 am
2023 SL7 Expert comes with Rival (not Ultegra Di2) & the price is 6995 CAD.
I'm still searching for a SL7 w/ULT Di2 in size 52 in Toronto, Canada.
The SL7 Comp comes with Rival, for 6,000$ CAD, the Expert comes with Ultegra for 8,000$, as far as I can see on the website. I don't see any in stock anywhere in Canada. There are some available in the USA, like NJ, which might be able to ship to you, but the price is even higher in the US at 8,300$ USD.
2022 SL7 Comp comes with Rival, for $6,000 CAD, the 2022 SL7 Expert comes with Ultegra for $8,000 CAD.

Again...
2023 SL7 Expert comes with Rival (not Ultegra Di2) & the price is $6995 CAD.
I told you what is currently available, future products or changes to the line up are yet to be announced and if anyone knows anything they would be under a non-disclosure embargo anyway, so it would be rumours at best. So no one can confirm what you want and any provisional information you may have heard is subject to change until Specialized announces anything. Who knows we might even get an SL8 in 2023.

trikobe

by trikobe

Quick build question. How is the wire around the back of the front derailleur held down? Are people taping it on the back of the derailleur?

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

trikobe wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:19 am
Quick build question. How is the wire around the back of the front derailleur held down? Are people taping it on the back of the derailleur?
For Di2 setups? I use a tiny ziptie to secure it to the derailleur hanger.

Picture is blurry because I just zoomed in a photo I had but you can see the ziptie.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

gruppetto

by gruppetto

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:43 am
trikobe wrote:

Picture is blurry because I just zoomed in a photo I had but you can see the ziptie.
That is the rear derailleur. ;)

Shimano front derailleurs come with a L shaped cable guide, that should hold everything in place.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

gruppetto wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:48 am
LanceLegstrong wrote:
trikobe wrote:

Shimano front derailleurs come with a L shaped cable guide, that should hold everything in place.
Ah, good catch. I misread it as rear derailleur.

This is what is needed.

Part # Y5ZW00031
https://www.excelsports.com/shimano-di2 ... plug-cover

Edit: This is for the 11-speed. Unsure how the cable for the 12-speed routes.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Taking advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday Image
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7
Supersix Evo HM Black INC

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

tomsneo wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:23 pm
Taking advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday
Man.. you got that right. The weather was great yesterday. I was supposed to go out with a group early in the AM, but when I saw the ground was still soaked, I held off. I'm so glad I did because I got out for a ride with a friend that I haven't ridden with since 2021 and the weather was awesome.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

For those running slammed - 12d stem. What is your saddle to bar height? And ground to bar/drop height?

Just slammed mine damn hard and not sure if too much on a size 54. But it looks so beautiful so no going back now.

Konsi

by Konsi

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:18 pm
gruppetto wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:48 am
LanceLegstrong wrote:
trikobe wrote:

Ah, good catch. I misread it as rear derailleur.

This is what is needed.

Part # Y5ZW00031
https://www.excelsports.com/shimano-di2 ... plug-cover

Edit: This is for the 11-speed. Unsure how the cable for the 12-speed routes.
Same, there is a smaller, but similarly shaped piece :) ordered one for my road bike which was also missing it, but don't have the part number at hand

trikobe

by trikobe

Thanks guys for the help. The di2 front wire guide was packed in a small white envelope underneath the shimano packaging. Had to go through the trash to find it.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

eucalyptus wrote:For those running slammed - 12d stem. What is your saddle to bar height? And ground to bar/drop height?

Just slammed mine damn hard and not sure if too much on a size 54. But it looks so beautiful so no going back now.
Did you slam it hard based on your fit or what you can tolerate, or for appearances in photos?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com