2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ODC

by ODC

Ritsuke wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:46 am
ODC wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:34 pm
Can someone tell me if it’s normal to have freehub play on the Roval CLX ii rapide wheelset? When feeling on the cassette i can move the freehub. Can’t remember that i had this with my first generation Roval rapide i wheelset.
What kind of play? I'm no mechanic but when I have play on my cassette I'd go to my LBS...
It’s not play on the cassette. The cassette is tight and the lockring also.
But when i pull and push on my cassette i can really feel play and hear a knocking sound coming from my freehub.
Can’t remember if i had this on my previous roval wheels.

Here is a video that i made. You can’t really see the play (the play you see really good in real life) but you can hear the knocking noise what i talked about.

https://youtube.com/shorts/WCSbc-4L7kE?feature=share

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanashd

by alanashd

Is there any way to mount bike light and garmin mount at the same time with that original SL7 mount?
Specialized Tarmac SL7

macwatt

by macwatt

You should have go pro mount included with original SL7 mount therefore can purchase a front light which connects via go pro mount.

GlacialPace

by GlacialPace

ODC wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:03 pm
Ritsuke wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:46 am
ODC wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:34 pm
Can someone tell me if it’s normal to have freehub play on the Roval CLX ii rapide wheelset? When feeling on the cassette i can move the freehub. Can’t remember that i had this with my first generation Roval rapide i wheelset.
What kind of play? I'm no mechanic but when I have play on my cassette I'd go to my LBS...
It’s not play on the cassette. The cassette is tight and the lockring also.
But when i pull and push on my cassette i can really feel play and hear a knocking sound coming from my freehub.
Can’t remember if i had this on my previous roval wheels.

Here is a video that i made. You can’t really see the play (the play you see really good in real life) but you can hear the knocking noise what i talked about.

https://youtube.com/shorts/WCSbc-4L7kE?feature=share
Any play when it's in the bike? I would not be worried about play when not in the bike like this but it should be pretty solid when the axle is tightened up.

Josku

by Josku

alanashd wrote:Is there any way to mount bike light and garmin mount at the same time with that original SL7 mount?
For Garmin Varia front light I bought one like this (in black) https://www.shapeways.com/product/SADQS ... te-0deg-m4

Sent from my CPH2449 using Tapatalk

MarkMcM

by MarkMcM

AJS914 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:24 pm
Has anyone here routed mechanical shifting through an SL7? Is it a fool's errand?

I have an SL7 on the way. I'd love it to be Campagnolo but don't want to pay for the new $5k wireless groupset. Chorus or Record would be in budget.

I'm just skeptical about the routing and getting the derailleurs to shift correctly as I struggled with routing my 11 speed through 3T handlebars. (Admittedly 3T internal routing on those bars sucked horribly. Just two round holes. No channels or anything.)
I just built up an SL7 with a mechanical Campagnolo H11 group. It was a bit of a pain in the butt, but it wasn't due to the mechanical shifting. Running the shift cables wasn't the difficult part, it was the hydraulic cables that were the biggest hassle. Normally, the hydralic cable is routed through the hole in the fork or chainstay, and then up the frame out out through the headset bearing. The compression plug and spacers are then threaded over the cables onto the headset, and the cables can then be run across (or through) the handlebar, and the finally attached to the levers. But Campagnolo H11 uses banjo fittings at the levers which are too large to run through the hose holes in the frame/fork (and too large for many internal routed handlebars as well). So the hydraulic cables have to be run in the opposite direction from usual. First through the handlebar, then the spacers, then the compression plug and headset bearing, then through the frame and fork, and finally out of the frame near the calipers. So, kind of like building a house by starting with the roof, and finishing with the foundation. In contrast, the mechanical shifting cables are quick and easy addition.

AJS914

by AJS914

Does anyone know if 12 speed Record/Chorus has the same banjo fittings?

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Anybody have a weight on the Pro frame set in the Lagoon Blue fade color? Curious what that adds weight wise.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/tarma ... 008-216928
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

MarkMcM

by MarkMcM

AJS914 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:43 pm
Does anyone know if 12 speed Record/Chorus has the same banjo fittings?
All Campagnolo hydraulic brakes (Ekar, Super Record, Super Record EPS, Record, Chorus, H11 and Potenza) use the same hydraulic hose (part no. EC-DB003), which has a permanently attached banjo fitting.

keno190

by keno190

New rapide one piece cockpit is now available in the US. Limited sizes on spec usa site but fortunately was able to order the smallest one (38x75) since I'm a small boy and after several bike fits need a shorter reach.

Will report when I get it and see if it comes with additional spacers and such since the bottom seems like it won't fit the current set-up. Could be wrong but we shall see!

voicycle

by voicycle

Thanks Keno, exciting!

Can you share what US pricing was? (RRP is fine if you're not willing to share what you were actually charged).

keno190

by keno190

voicycle wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:56 pm
Thanks Keno, exciting!

Can you share what US pricing was? (RRP is fine if you're not willing to share what you were actually charged).
$600 retail USD. $657 after taxes. Shipping to LA. +an extra $65 after taxes for the computer mount! :shock:
Last edited by keno190 on Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Sizing is weird, 580€

TLN

by TLN

So with regular stem cables are nicely tucked and covered, but with aero bar are flapping underneath? May as well tape it to the stem.

Integration with flagship road bikes seems to be a bit lacking too. :roll:
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

voicycle

by voicycle

keno190 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:58 pm
voicycle wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:56 pm
Thanks Keno, exciting!

$600 retail USD. $657 after taxes. Shipping to LA. +an extra $65 after taxes for the computer mount! :shock:
Thanks! I probably should have done a quick search first. Seems they're live here on the UK website too (with all sizes out of stock). £475.

Probably not for me though as I'm 110x380. My three nearest options are 90x380, 110x400, and 115x380. I could make do with the 115 I guess, but I think I'd rather keep my current fit.

I've also got the TT clip-ons and those clearly aren't compatible with the new bar. I do wonder if they'll release a totally new version now though. The current ones are from the OG Venge I think (or the Vias at the very least).