Shimano Pro Stealth Ultralight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ronin416

by Ronin416

wheelsONfire wrote:I like the new tech incorporated in the design making this saddle. According to Shimano service, they aren't releasing any other new Pro products this year.
So, sadly no super light Aerofuel.
Personally, i prefer Aerofuel over Stealth (YES - i ride a road bike and no TT bike).
I don't like the tail of Stealth + the fact that Aerofuel has a way more comfortable nose to ride on.
Aerofuel is flat allowing me to ride at the nose and push back, to stretch my back and/ or climb.
Stealt has a nose that is harder (and most likely felt in a bad way) and the tail rise is just not for me.
With that in the open, Aerofuel carbon is 162 g while the stainless steel dito is 194 g.
Both weighted by me.
AEROFUEL is awesome. I was on. Stealth till the center ribs cracked. Since I’m always riding hard on the bike the addition padding up front is awesome. We aren’t the first road riders to ride TT specific saddles for the road. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyGuy

by HappyGuy

I've been riding Shimano Pro Stealth Ultralight for over a year now. Before that it was the Prologo Scratch Nack CPC, which I came to realize was just too hard for me. I tried to like it, I really did! I ride most of the time on the hoods and tops. The Shimano saddle is great for both and very comfy, but as stated the rear is higher than the nose so one has to get the tilt just right to find the sweet spot, usually nose lower than rear with a spirit level laid across the top. That's not a bad thing. I found the sweet spot and it's super comfy while climbing, on the hoods in the flats, or low in the drops in the wind. Of course, saddle height, reach, setback, cleat position also need to be dialed in order to find the sweet spot on any saddle. I like the wider nose on this saddle for that extra support when going deep during hard efforts while getting low when bridging a gap or riding in heavy wind. I also find it almost laughable when people dismiss a saddle after just a few rides and a short period of time. It could be a host of other things that are causing discomfort and any saddle is not going to feel right. :smartass: :roll: Did you know that saddle tilt should be determined/measured with a spirit level and digital gauge on top of it from the saddle center to the nose, and not across the top front to rear? :thumbup:
2016 Time Skylon w/Sram Force 22 and Boyd 60's
2020 Merida 8000e w/Sram Force AXS and Token 52's

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

George46GR

by George46GR

TimmS wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:27 pm
Just got mine in, pretty happy with the weight!
132g for the 142mm version.
Hi, is it the "superlight" version? Thank you
2023 Cervelo S5, size 56, sapphire/ice

TimmS

by TimmS

Yes, that was the superlight version.