Rapha Quality

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Conza

by Conza

Miller wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:43 am
Conza wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:08 am
They shifted houses with the move? :shock:
They get into your stuff. You can't throw out everything and you don't necessarily find all the places where they've laid eggs. Don't underestimate clothes moths.
What works with making sure you don't get them? Stuff in the wardrobe is protected?
It's all about the adventure :o .

Miller

by Miller

Conza wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:06 am
What works with making sure you don't get them? Stuff in the wardrobe is protected?
Not owning any possessions? No, stuff in wardrobe is not protected.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

Cedar balls or squares help.

IchDien

by IchDien

Conza wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:06 am
Miller wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:43 am
Conza wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:08 am
They shifted houses with the move? :shock:
They get into your stuff. You can't throw out everything and you don't necessarily find all the places where they've laid eggs. Don't underestimate clothes moths.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Plugging a friend's brand for anyone that's interested. Designed in London made from MOA in Italy. Great kit for those looking for another option: https://www.monocycling.cc/

https://instagram.com/mono.cc?utm_medium=copy_link

Basscadet

by Basscadet

Bought the bibs and the "lightweight" jersey. Both are hotter than hell and don't breathe, both look great. I think these cycling apparel companies need to get in touch with Nike, Under Armour, Arc'teryx, etc to learn how to make lightweight, breathable atlhetic gear. For the $80 I spent on the jersey, it's highway robbery how poor this thing ventilates.

kervelo

by kervelo

The Core series jerseys are made from a different type of material than the more expensive Rapha jerseys. For example, the classic flyweight jersey is very well ventilated, as well as any jersey from Pro team series.

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

I cringe when I think of how much I paid for 4 Rapha bibshorts, thinking I should finally treat myself to some high quality sportswear. I've mentioned before that the threads on the chamois are unraveling, and now another pair is doing the same, only Rapha is not responding to my emails on sending them all in for repair. With shipping being slow, and the risk of loss, maybe I should just have them repaired locally and eat the charge. Anyone choose to have theirs repaired locally?

Kingstonian

by Kingstonian

Was really disappointed with the Rapha shorts I bought, went to Assos and won't look back.

req110

by req110

Hey guys.

I own couple Rapha Pro Team TRAINING size medium jerseys like this one

https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/pro-tea ... PTT02SSIAL

There is great that pockets are not big, so if you insert the phone inside, it stays in it's direction. Same with pump or spares. Those pockets are in exact size. I love having them organized, flat a symetrical.

I am considering to purchase this one as well...

https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/mens-pr ... PTJ07SSBLK

But i am afraid that pockets are too big, or too loose. I saw one guy wearing it (but not sure if this, or lightweight model), and his pockets looked disorganized, which is my fear.

Can owner confirm whether it's behavior of this jersey?

//////////////

As per Rapha shorts:

I own one Core Cargo with pockets, long and looks durable, chamois comfortable.
I owned one Pro Team, those pretty sucked especially when climbing off saddle, balls were getting pushed to the stomach.

I usually wear Assos Equipe RS and not gonna change it :)
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Basscadet wrote:Bought the bibs and the "lightweight" jersey. Both are hotter than hell and don't breathe, both look great. I think these cycling apparel companies need to get in touch with Nike, Under Armour, Arc'teryx, etc to learn how to make lightweight, breathable atlhetic gear. For the $80 I spent on the jersey, it's highway robbery how poor this thing ventilates.
You cannot be serious. Nike etc do not make high performing textiles. This is about the dumbest thing I have ever read.....anywhere.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

darrydonds

by darrydonds

Under Armour? Really?

mendiz

by mendiz

The best textiles are from X bionic. Assos and Xbionic mix and you will have the best cycling clothes. Assos functional design and thinking about cycling clothes is unparalleled
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

TLN

by TLN

If Arc'teryx makes the jersey it will be on par with their ski shells. ;)
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Back to the OP

Some of the current Rapha stuff does seem a little cheaper perhaps but I'm no expert in what these things cost to make.
That being said everything still lasts.
I bought some Core shorts that went see though on the thighs,Rapha were great though and send a new pair straight away.
I still think they make quality gear. I mostly buy in the sales so have things from most of their lines and I can't really grumble with any of it. (Apart for the mitts in 2014, these were abysmal for £50)