Rapha Quality

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Hi. Does anyone know what the temp range of the Pro Team Winter bibtights is? I am chosing between Rapha Pro Team, Assos R Habu and Assos Spring Fall RS Equipe bibtights. What I need is about 0-10C. They are on sale so I am in a bit of a hurry.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skinnybex

by skinnybex

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:49 pm
Hi. Does anyone know what the temp range of the Pro Team Winter bibtights is? I am chosing between Rapha Pro Team, Assos R Habu and Assos Spring Fall RS Equipe bibtights. What I need is about 0-10C. They are on sale so I am in a bit of a hurry.
I've worn them on rides down to -6C and they were still plenty warm and I belive it was even colder with the windchill. I've been very happy with Pro Team winter 2 bibtights. They also have a new training tight that is excellent but those are Spring/Fall temp range.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

skinnybex wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:47 pm
Roadbiker10 wrote:
I've worn them on rides down to -6C and they were still plenty warm and I belive it was even colder with the windchill. I've been very happy with Pro Team winter 2 bibtights. They also have a new training tight that is excellent but those are Spring/Fall temp range.
Thanks. What do you think is the hotest temp they can work in without getting too hot? I actually have the new Pro Team Training tights, but I have never worn them yet. They are very thin though, much thiner than Assos RS Spring Fall. I estimate that the Pro Team Training tights can be used in a range of 10-17C, but maybe a bit lower. So now I am trying to find another pair of tights that will serve me from about 10C and below.

I know that Raphas Winter bibs can manage really cold temps, but my issue is if they will be too hot from 5-10C. I read somewhere where they said that 5C is maximum you can get away with without being too hot.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

skinnybex

by skinnybex

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:09 pm
skinnybex wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:47 pm
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Thanks. What do you think is the hotest temp they can work in without getting too hot? I actually have the new Pro Team Training tights, but I have never worn them yet. They are very thin though, much thiner than Assos RS Spring Fall. I estimate that the Pro Team Training tights can be used in a range of 10-17C, but maybe a bit lower. So now I am trying to find another pair of tights that will serve me from about 10C and below.

I know that Raphas Winter bibs can manage really cold temps, but my issue is if they will be too hot from 5-10C. I read somewhere where they said that 5C is maximum you can get away with without being too hot.
I've ridden with them up to about 10c and then I prefer bibs and warmers. They felt fine and I'd guess that you'd be okay until about 12c before you might start sweating. I wore the trainging tights a few days ago in 9c and I was cold but the wind was at about 18kmh so that added to the discomfort.

skinnybex

by skinnybex

One thing I'll say about the Rapha PT Winter tights is they are also good if it's wet and dealing with road spray and a light rain downfall.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

skinnybex wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:35 pm
One thing I'll say about the Rapha PT Winter tights is they are also good if it's wet and dealing with road spray and a light rain downfall.
If they're good up to 10C, then that should cover my needs, and have the extra benefit of being ablo to go subzero if I liked to. Actually, the water repellent front of the PT Winter tights is the main reason why I am also considering them along Assos Spring Fall RS tights and Assos R Habu. None of the two Assos models don't have any water repellency.

Although I have never used Rapha bibs before so I don't know how the pad will work for me. While I have several Assos summer bibs, both with C2 and S9 pads. Those are very good obviously.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I passed on Pro Team. Now I am looking at the Cargo winter tights. How prevalent is degrading of the reflective material? I've seen many claiming that. Also seen some saying that the crotch isn't warm enough.

I am 70kg and 180 cm. Not sure wether I need S or M. I wear S in Pro Team bibs. But Pro Team winterbibs felt very tight in S on me.

I'm weighing between Assos Mille GTO C2 winter tights and these. From what I gather, Rapha can be used in a bit higher temps. Crotch seems better protected on Assos.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

wilwil

by wilwil

PT tights are one of Raphas best products. Fine up to 12 degrees great fit and pad. Warmer than the Castelli tights I own.

numbpeanuts

by numbpeanuts

Roadbiker10 wrote:I passed on Pro Team. Now I am looking at the Cargo winter tights. How prevalent is degrading of the reflective material? I've seen many claiming that. Also seen some saying that the crotch isn't warm enough.

I am 70kg and 180 cm. Not sure wether I need S or M. I wear S in Pro Team bibs. But Pro Team winterbibs felt very tight in S on me.

I'm weighing between Assos Mille GTO C2 winter tights and these. From what I gather, Rapha can be used in a bit higher temps. Crotch seems better protected on Assos.
Might be one of my reviews. I got the winter cargo tights in black and the reflective material was showing wear after only 2-3 hours of use. Contacted Rapha and they offered to exchange for a new pair (no thanks) or give me a 50% voucher. Went for the voucher as I think the material is defective by design. They ended up issuing a 100% refund. The degrading part is currently only at the bottom part, which gets covered by my overshoes. But if I'm not wearing overshoes, the tights look several years old. Wouldn't recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

numbpeanuts wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:18 am
Roadbiker10 wrote:I passed on Pro Team. Now I am looking at the Cargo winter tights. How prevalent is degrading of the reflective material? I've seen many claiming that. Also seen some saying that the crotch isn't warm enough.

Might be one of my reviews. I got the winter cargo tights in black and the reflective material was showing wear after only 2-3 hours of use. Contacted Rapha and they offered to exchange for a new pair (no thanks) or give me a 50% voucher. Went for the voucher as I think the material is defective by design. They ended up issuing a 100% refund. The degrading part is currently only at the bottom part, which gets covered by my overshoes. But if I'm not wearing overshoes, the tights look several years old. Wouldn't recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already ordered now so we'll see. I chatted to someone at Rapha and asked about this issue. He said that it was only a couple of people who have complained of this, and that it won't be an issue. I have a feeling that's not true. At least I know there are more than a couple in the reviews who say that.

How about the Classic winter tights? They also have a strip on the calf. Do they have the same issue?
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

kode54

by kode54

Yeah, only a few have complained to them directly. I had logos peel half way and reflective bits as well. They were past their warranty so I never returned them.

Some of the reflective panels cracked or looks crinkled. I even have the light commuter backpack that has a reflective stripe down the middle and has never been washed and looks really crinkled and shows up as such. I suppose you’re not suppose to crumple it up or neatly fold it to put it away and keep it flat in storage? That applies to the panels on the back of tights as well I think. Reflective gloves and overshoes even worse for me.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Konsi

by Konsi

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:56 pm
I passed on Pro Team. Now I am looking at the Cargo winter tights. How prevalent is degrading of the reflective material? I've seen many claiming that. Also seen some saying that the crotch isn't warm enough.

I quite like the Cargo Winter Tights. Wear them in M (180cm/72kg). So far the reflective material on mine (navy blue) is fine, have worn them for at least 3000km each (probably more on the oldest pair)

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

kode54 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:19 pm
Yeah, only a few have complained to them directly. I had logos peel half way and reflective bits as well. They were past their warranty so I never returned them.

Some of the reflective panels cracked or looks crinkled. I even have the light commuter backpack that has a reflective stripe down the middle and has never been washed and looks really crinkled and shows up as such. I suppose you’re not suppose to crumple it up or neatly fold it to put it away and keep it flat in storage? That applies to the panels on the back of tights as well I think. Reflective gloves and overshoes even worse for me.
How long is their warranty? I can't seem to find it on their site. I kind of regret now not sticking with the Habu. Beceause I plan to have them for a while. Do you know wether Rapha Classic tights have the same issue? They also have a reflective bit on the rear calf. I didn't see anyone mention it in the comments.

Is it only Rapha that has issues with logos coming undone? Because I have not had that ever happen with other brands. I have Rapha stuff but have only started buying from them last year, so I have not used the garments that much.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Konsi wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:59 pm
Roadbiker10 wrote:

I quite like the Cargo Winter Tights. Wear them in M (180cm/72kg). So far the reflective material on mine (navy blue) is fine, have worn them for at least 3000km each (probably more on the oldest pair)
I am 180cm and 70kg right now. But I am not in my usual shape at the moment. My in form weight is about 67kg. So I ordered both S and M. Do they fit tight on you or regular?

That's reassuring to hear that they aren't peeling. What do you think about the crotch beeing too cold? Have you had that issue? Do you wash them after every ride? I've seen that some don't but I always do.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Konsi

by Konsi

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:25 pm
Konsi wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:59 pm
Roadbiker10 wrote:

I am 180cm and 70kg right now. But I am not in my usual shape at the moment. My in form weight is about 67kg. So I ordered both S and M. Do they fit tight on you or regular?

That's reassuring to hear that they aren't peeling. What do you think about the crotch beeing too cold? Have you had that issue? Do you wash them after every ride? I've seen that some don't but I always do.
I wouldn't want them tighter, but I have rather big legs and little upper body. I wash them after every ride, but inside out. Crotch temperature hasn't been really an issue yet
D3515A3D-60E3-4AB7-8A5F-CD1183B703C4.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com