Rapha Quality

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Flasher

by Flasher

g32ecs wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:46 am
Does anyone own the new Pro Team Training jersey?

Just wanted to know if there are any issues for bunching. I noticed in stock photos when the model is standing upright (or ppl in reviews), the jersey looks perfect which is a sign this wont sit flush when on the bike position.
I get a bit of bunching, but I usually size up on the ProTeam kit, on this jersey you don't need to.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Flasher wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:33 am
g32ecs wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:46 am
Does anyone own the new Pro Team Training jersey?

Just wanted to know if there are any issues for bunching. I noticed in stock photos when the model is standing upright (or ppl in reviews), the jersey looks perfect which is a sign this wont sit flush when on the bike position.
I get a bit of bunching, but I usually size up on the ProTeam kit, on this jersey you don't need to.
Do you have the newer version?

I heard the previous one was a looser fit so I guess more chances of bunching

Flasher

by Flasher

g32ecs wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:17 pm
Flasher wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:33 am
Do you have the newer version?

I heard the previous one was a looser fit so I guess more chances of bunching
Sorry no idea, got it this time last year, if that helps.

kervelo

by kervelo

Dov wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 am
Rapha is still the best out there IMO and when you think about the breadth of range it provides, sure, there's going to be some products that are less good than others but in the round, it's excellent.
Rapha may be good, but as long as the products are not available, it does not matter.

They just recently announced that they are not able to release the RCC kit 2021 in May as planned, but they try to release something before the end of July. I think last year they had the same problem. Actually, you cannot get even the standard issue clothing from Rapha, as they are constantly out of stock.

kervelo

by kervelo

kervelo wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:09 pm
Dov wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 am
Rapha is still the best out there IMO and when you think about the breadth of range it provides, sure, there's going to be some products that are less good than others but in the round, it's excellent.
Rapha may be good, but as long as the products are not available, it does not matter.

They just recently announced that they are not able to release the RCC kit 2021 in May as planned, but they try to release something before the end of July. I think last year they had the same problem. Actually, you cannot get even the standard issue clothing from Rapha, as they are constantly out of stock.
Well, it turned out that the availability of the RCC kit 2021 is much better than they announced before the launch. It seems that many items are still available in the rapha shop. Well done, rapha.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

I love rapha, the pro team versions are the best.

I'm gonna try Maap this summer tho, i like variaty

g32ecs

by g32ecs

I sold my Pro Training jersey. Im beginning to dislike jerseys that have an elastic elbow bands. No bands to me is way more comfortable.

I think the jersey was at the correct price. Theres nothing special about it but it does have the modern cut and colours which everyone likes these days. Also liked the pockets.

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

Mcdeez wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:17 pm

I'm a huge fan of Maap. Bought a Rapha Pro Team kit along with a bunch of Maap stuff last year and this year and the Maap stuff just feels and looks much better. Their bib shorts have fantastic grippers and the new version has a really nice overall finish.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Conradsleight wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:17 pm

I'm a huge fan of Maap. Bought a Rapha Pro Team kit along with a bunch of Maap stuff last year and this year and the Maap stuff just feels and looks much better. Their bib shorts have fantastic grippers and the new version has a really nice overall finish.
I got a map bibs and jerseys and yeah maap stuff are so good!!

bilwit

by bilwit

Rapha Aero jersey is the best fitting jersey I've ever had, but the Pro bibs bled color like crazy after every wash (cold) to the point where they were brownish and faded. Switched to Santini afterward, not quite as happy with the cut and fit of the jersey but more than happy with the bibs and the quality overall is much better and doesn't cost the enormous Rapha (non-sale) pseudo-boutique premium. Also nice to be a little discrete and not be one of "those guys" with the typical/loud brand-name logo'd kit.

Conza

by Conza

Merino quality. Anyone else getting lots of holes in their various merino kit? Talking more city stuff, underwear/boxers. Shirts, under layers etc.

I have hand washed all, bloody bizarre. Dunno what the deal is.
It's all about the adventure :o .

Sin2000

by Sin2000

Conza wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:53 am
Merino quality. Anyone else getting lots of holes in their various merino kit? Talking more city stuff, underwear/boxers. Shirts, under layers etc.

Moths?

guyc

by guyc

That would be my guess.

velomane

by velomane

Conza wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:53 am

Same here. Merino base layer developed holes not long after buying it. I don't think it was moths in my case. I've got a lot of wool jackets and trousers, and nary a moth eaten hole in any of them.

kode54

by kode54

I still had a Merino base layer in original pkg...when I opened it up 5 months later, I found holes in it. So I suspect moths ate it.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com