Specialized Mirror 3D-printed saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

grnrcr wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:40 pm
Anyone gone from a s-works Power to a Power mirror? Did you have to raise the seat height with the mirror to account for the extra cushioning?
I went from a Power Elaston to a Power Mirror and will be trying a Romin Mirror on my new build. I did not have to accomodate any seatpost adjustments switching to the Mirror from the Elaston.

Sworks Tarmac SL8 - 7.09kg
LS Ultimate (7.89kg), Tarmac SL7 (7.56kg), Aethos (7.00kg), Venge (7.59 kg), Roubaix Team (7.53 kg) - Sold

grnrcr

by grnrcr

Just made the switch. Mirror is def thicker than s-works. I lowered the seat height about 1-2mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andy4g63

by andy4g63

Anyone can suggest best price for Romin Mirror in 143??? Where?
Thanks

fbonde

by fbonde

leej88 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Compared to the power saddle, the mirro has a higher stack height near the nose.

To summarize, the mirror fits very much like a S-Works power in that it offers a very locked in a stable platform but with a much softer and more comfortable *upholstery* (apologize for the lack of a better word) that makes it really great for longer rides and also spirited ones when you're on the rivets.
Thanks for sharing. Im thinking of doing the same. I'm a bit worried about ho much I need to lower the saddle hight due to the higher stack. How much did you lower yours?
insta: @fbonde

Century50

by Century50

I have the printed Romin. Because it is a bit softer I sit a bit deeper in the saddle. I did not change the seat height. I did angle the nose down just a little.

chris1234

by chris1234

Any more news on the new mirror saddle to be released later this year?

ODC

by ODC

Does someone knows that the Romin mirror (26 cm length) is effective 1 cm shorter then the Normal S-works Romin evo model (27 cm length).

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

FrankG wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:25 pm
I’ve recently purchased the Romin Evo Mirror saddle, and I have spent roughly 10 hours on it so far. One four-hour spin being the longest and I have to say I'm really impressed, really, really impressed! Just for comparison, I have tried the following list of saddles over the past 11 years of serious cycling -

Specialized Romin Evo Mirror
FIZIK Antares Versus
Fabric ALM
FIZIK ANTARES VERSUS EVO R1 ADAPTIVE
Fabric Line pro shallow scoop
Selle Italia SP-01
Specialized Chicane S-works
FIZIK R3 Adaptive
Shimano PRO stealth
Specialized S-WORKS POWER ARC
Prologo
FIZIK Kurve BULL
Specialized Toupe
Specialized Romin Evo
Specialized Chicane
FIZIK Arione R3
FIZIK Kurve Chameleon
FIZIK Antares R5

Up to this point I used to suffer from hot spots, saddle sores and just general discomfort especially on rides over 1.5hrs+ or back-to-back days of riding! I've had 3 different bike fitters set me up, and to be fair there wasn't a lot of difference between either of them. The best saddles before the Mirror for me were the FIZIK Antares Versus and surprisingly the Fabric ALM. I could live with them but still suffered sores. The mirror is comfortable and to be honest you forget about it, which I could never do on previous saddles after 1.5hrs or so. You know you are sitting on a saddle but the normal discomfort that usually arrives after 1.5hrs doesn't come and as a result I don't have to start shifting my ass around to try and get a spot that causes less discomfort if you know what I mean. The only issue that takes a little getting used off is that your shorts can slightly snag on the surface and you can't slide around, so you must lift your ass and drop it rather than sliding fore or aft. Nothing major but just different to all my other saddles. There is no hard edge either that catches the side of your thighs so I'm a happy chappie with a comfy ass! The price is astronomical but what price do you but on comfort! I'm glad I went with the Romin as I don't like the short nose Power. The more traditional shape saddle suits me better. I’ve also spent as much money on so called top end cycling shorts and chamois, chamois creams etc but they helped a little but never completely eradicated the problems.
I hope this helps?
That's quite a list.
Did you lower your seatpost when installing the Romin Evo Mirror?
As the people above, I am switching from the S-Works Power to the Romin Evo Mirror and it's a little 'thicker'.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Anyone else seeing a furrowing/wrinkling in the top of the Power Mirror? I have the Pro, not the S-Works, so that might be part of it. But mine started developing ridges perpindicular to the direction of the bike. At least the shop I got it from is offering to warranty it (now I need to find the time I can do without while things are being shipped).

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Ritsuke wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:34 pm
That's quite a list.
Did you lower your seatpost when installing the Romin Evo Mirror?
As the people above, I am switching from the S-Works Power to the Romin Evo Mirror and it's a little 'thicker'.
I didn't change the seatpost height when installing it. Try it out, but in my experience you "sink" a little bit more into the Mirror saddles than normal saddles.

ODC

by ODC

*double post*
Last edited by ODC on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ODC

by ODC

I’m one of the few persons that’s going to change the Romin Mirror back to the S-works Romin evo.

I’m not a heavy person (1m93 and 75kg) but i have a lot off more pressure with the mirror version.
Let me explain it a little bit: I found that the mirror versions are more made for persons that sit at the same position continuously. I’m a person that is continue moving on the saddle (i’m also riding more at the tip of the saddle) and how more i went to the tip how more pressure i had in comparison with the normal Romin Evo version.

Also i had problems with the mirror romin in combination with my Maap bibshorts. After a couple rides the wear was enormous. Maybe a combination of the 3D printed stuff and my lot of moving on the saddle.
I don’t have this wear with the normal Romin Evo.

Also noticed when changing back to the Romin evo i needed to raise my seatpost +-1cm. So i someone wonders: the mirror saddles are definitely thicker but off course more squishy.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

I think you're confirming some of my thoughts. I have the same idea and will be changing back to my Power saddle.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

Sock3t

by Sock3t

I tried to like the Power Mirror but just couldn't. Went back to the Power Arc and still love it. Perhaps they'll make a mirror of it and I;ll get it a try.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Sock3t wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:44 pm
I tried to like the Power Mirror but just couldn't. Went back to the Power Arc and still love it. Perhaps they'll make a mirror of it and I;ll get it a try.
The Power Mirror looks to be shaped more like the Arc than the standard Power.