Specialized Mirror 3D-printed saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

milanv

by milanv

Ritsuke wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:05 pm
That "extra padding" looks really interesting.
It's a shape, very close to Power Arc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tommyboyo

by tommyboyo

I have one of these going on eBay this weekend if anyone is interested.

143mm.

Superb condition.

Don't think there are many about in the UK right now!

northwestern

by northwestern

If anyone is interested in buying, they have them in stock on the site below. I checked with their customer service this morning 5.16.2021. I was going to get one myself but they do not accept returns on saddles because of covid.

https://www.contebikes.com/product/spec ... um=organic

spartacus

by spartacus

northwestern wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:55 am
If anyone is interested in buying, they have them in stock on the site below. I checked with their customer service this morning 5.16.2021. I was going to get one myself but they do not accept returns on saddles because of covid.

https://www.contebikes.com/product/spec ... um=organic
Nice

allenh

by allenh

Available here too: https://www.perryrubberbikeshop.com/pro ... 9157-1.htm

This is where I purchased mine.

northwestern

by northwestern

I bought one from competitive cyclist. They have it in stock https://www.competitivecyclist.com/spec ... ror-saddle

The reviews are accurate, I never have to change or adjust position because of saddle pain/numbness. However, the 143 mm came in at 204 gr.

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

Theses guys have a bunch as well. Both sizes
https://www.bikecycleshop.com/s-works-p ... d=65893057
Last edited by 1swiftvelo on Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnrho

by johnrho

Specialized US e-commerce site just re-stocked 145mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

Did anyone in this thread ever ride a narrow saddle meaning 130mm to 139mm and then go this Power saddle at 143mm and have no issues? I am looking at this Power and the Fizik but the Fizik 00 seems to have an advantage of narrowness for smaller riders unless I am missing something...

northwestern

by northwestern

shoemakerpom2010 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:39 pm
Did anyone in this thread ever ride a narrow saddle meaning 130mm to 139mm and then go this Power saddle at 143mm and have no issues? I am looking at this Power and the Fizik but the Fizik 00 seems to have an advantage of narrowness for smaller riders unless I am missing something...
For the past 6 years I have had a PROLOGO Nago Evo CPC which is 134 wide, and I like this one much better.

justonwo

by justonwo

shoemakerpom2010 wrote:
I own both the Fizik Antares Evo 00 3D printed saddle as well as the Power with Mirror in 143 mm. While the Fizik is probably the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden, the Power saddle is by far the least comfortable. I usually get along with most saddles, including Specialized, but there is something about the Power shape that really causes a lot of pain at the edges where the saddle flares out. Now, that's a very personal thing of course, and I'm sure that saddle works fine for many people, but it feels awful to me. I have it on both my Aethos and my Epic. At first, I thought there was something about the position on my Epic that was making the inside of my legs hurt. Then when I got the Power on my Aethos, I realized it's the saddle shape.

If you like a narrow saddle, I would absolutely go the Fizik route.
2020 Pinarello Dogma F12 AXS Red (Enve SES 3.4 Disc, Zipp 353)
2021 S-Works Aethos Di2 9200 (Alpinist CLX II)
2006 Cervelo Soloist
2021 S-Works Epic

Retired: 2014 S-Works Roubaix
2020 S-Works Roubaix
2020 Canyon Ultimate
2018 S-Works Camber

sychen

by sychen

justonwo wrote:
shoemakerpom2010 wrote:
I own both the Fizik Antares Evo 00 3D printed saddle as well as the Power with Mirror in 143 mm. While the Fizik is probably the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden, the Power saddle is by far the least comfortable. I usually get along with most saddles, including Specialized, but there is something about the Power shape that really causes a lot of pain at the edges where the saddle flares out. Now, that's a very personal thing of course, and I'm sure that saddle works fine for many people, but it feels awful to me. I have it on both my Aethos and my Epic. At first, I thought there was something about the position on my Epic that was making the inside of my legs hurt. Then when I got the Power on my Aethos, I realized it's the saddle shape.

If you like a narrow saddle, I would absolutely go the Fizik route.
I get this same issue with all power saddles... Irritates the nerve in my leg where the hop joins the leg.

Really want to like them.. But that just kills me.

Fizik 00 is very good in large size for me.. Not just for the narrow crowd.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

The S-Works Romin EVO Mirror is out. I just ordered one.

DeLuz

by DeLuz

I have the same issue with Power saddles. Tried the Mimic version and really liked it but the edges digging in where too much.
Gave it my wife and she loves it.
Also tried the Fizik Adaptive but found the top way too rounded, putting a lot pressure in the center where the padding ends.
Otherwise the 3D padding was nice. I need really flat saddles.
That Romin Mirror looks interesting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I wonder what the stack difference is on the Romin Evo 3D vs the normal Romin Evo - looks to be much taller in photos but that could be the angle.
Just ride ..