Specialized Mirror 3D-printed saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

milanv

by milanv

DeLuz wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:06 pm
I have the same issue with Power saddles. Tried the Mimic version and really liked it but the edges digging in where too much.
Gave it my wife and she loves it.
Also tried the Fizik Adaptive but found the top way too rounded, putting a lot pressure in the center where the padding ends.
Otherwise the 3D padding was nice. I need really flat saddles.
That Romin Mirror looks interesting.
So Power Arc is the solution...

DeLuz

by DeLuz

milanv wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:39 pm
DeLuz wrote:
I have the same issue with Power saddles. Tried the Mimic version and really liked it but the edges digging in where too much.
Also tried the Fizik Adaptive but found the top way too rounded, putting a lot pressure in the center where the padding ends.
I am tempted to try Power Arc but it looks too rounded?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

milanv

by milanv

DeLuz wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:32 pm
milanv wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:39 pm
DeLuz wrote:
I am tempted to try Power Arc but it looks too rounded?
So try it and you will see...

SamD

by SamD

Can anyone comment on how to choose between Romin Evo Mirror and Power Mirror?

I am in need of a new saddle as my current S-Works Power got damaged.

Thanks!

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

I have both. It's difficult to give any good advice, I feel, other than that I think both are very, very good. Both are very good for my anatomy, but, as we know with saddles, that might not be the case for you. Regarding the Romin Mirror, I have so far ridden only one ride (3h/90k), and my first impression is that it might be even better (for me) than the Power Mirror. But again, it will be highly individual.

bas

by bas

I used the power for a while, then switched to the Pro Stealth, then back to an Sworks Romin. I prefer the more traditional shape for 99% of the time I use it. Just bought the mirror version of the Romin and so far so good. Feels like i get the benefit of the more traditional shape but when racing in the drops for extended periods there is no pressure points or numbness that the short saddles are good at eliminating.

plainey

by plainey

Any more impressions on the Romin Mirror vs the Power Mirror?

SamD

by SamD

Torbjorn wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:08 pm
I have both. It's difficult to give any good advice, I feel, other than that I think both are very, very good. Both are very good for my anatomy, but, as we know with saddles, that might not be the case for you. Regarding the Romin Mirror, I have so far ridden only one ride (3h/90k), and my first impression is that it might be even better (for me) than the Power Mirror. But again, it will be highly individual.
How do you feel about it now, a few rides later? Thanks Torbjorn (and Bas!)

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

At this point it's still really hard for me to say, SamD. I think I would need to ride the new one for like a month to feel that I could speak with confidence about which is better. But if I have to answer on what I feel at this point, the main take-home is that - for me - both are fantastic, and significantly better than other saddles I have tried. I have had recurring issues with saddle discomfort and sores ever since I started riding 4-5 years ago, never really finding a saddle that made things better. Both of these Mirror saddles are the best I have ever tried. I am not saying there is no discomfort whatsoever, but it is much less than all other saddles I've tried, and I can ride for hours comfortably, forgetting about the saddle. And they do not give me saddle sores. At least not yet :)

If you could, the best thing would be for you to buy and try both for a few weeks, then keep the one you prefer and sell the other. If you look after the saddle it should be almost like new, and you can sell it for maybe 3/4 of the cost? If this is not an option and you have to buy one, perhaps just go with the newer one (Romin Mirror)? I am speculating, but perhaps they have further improved the design from the Power Mirror (with more struts and nodes and whatnot) and it has made a very good first impression on me this far.

Edit: I should add that getting the right width is important. For a long time I went with the "standard" 143 mm options, but things already got better after I properly tested myself and found I should test the wider version. So also for these two Mirror saddles I'm on 155 mm.

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

SamD wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:34 pm
Can anyone comment on how to choose between Romin Evo Mirror and Power Mirror?

I am in need of a new saddle as my current S-Works Power got damaged.

Thanks!
The Roman has more kick in the tail of saddle. If your pelvis has more tilt this will feel better, less pressure on front. It holds your pelvis in natural position. Power you'll feel like your sitting on the saddle, Roman feel like you're sitting in the saddle.
Hope this helps. Power saddle is a great saddle if it fits you.
Just to be fair I sell these saddle and fit a lot of them. Getting the right width is important

bob78h

by bob78h

Bumping this to see if anyone has new feedback on the Romin Mirror?

I've been on an S-Works Romin in the 155 width for quite some time now. Tried a Power Mirror in 155 but it was too wide (thighs hitting the wings). Now deciding if I want to try a 143 in the Power or go for a 155 in the Romin Mirror. I like the Romin shape and was ambivalent about the Power, but conceptually the lack of the nose on the Power seems better for a low position.

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

If you like the Romin, I think you can stay with it, because Specialized promotes the Romin Mirror as especially good for riding in a low, competitive, aerodynamic position.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-wor ... 429-205228

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Chinese company ZTTO, around here mostly known for their lightweight (but not so durable) cassettes, now have a copy of Power Mirror:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003404886371.html

FrankG

by FrankG

I’ve recently purchased the Romin Evo Mirror saddle, and I have spent roughly 10 hours on it so far. One four-hour spin being the longest and I have to say I'm really impressed, really, really impressed! Just for comparison, I have tried the following list of saddles over the past 11 years of serious cycling -

Specialized Romin Evo Mirror
FIZIK Antares Versus
Fabric ALM
FIZIK ANTARES VERSUS EVO R1 ADAPTIVE
Fabric Line pro shallow scoop
Selle Italia SP-01
Specialized Chicane S-works
FIZIK R3 Adaptive
Shimano PRO stealth
Specialized S-WORKS POWER ARC
Prologo
FIZIK Kurve BULL
Specialized Toupe
Specialized Romin Evo
Specialized Chicane
FIZIK Arione R3
FIZIK Kurve Chameleon
FIZIK Antares R5

Up to this point I used to suffer from hot spots, saddle sores and just general discomfort especially on rides over 1.5hrs+ or back-to-back days of riding! I've had 3 different bike fitters set me up, and to be fair there wasn't a lot of difference between either of them. The best saddles before the Mirror for me were the FIZIK Antares Versus and surprisingly the Fabric ALM. I could live with them but still suffered sores. The mirror is comfortable and to be honest you forget about it, which I could never do on previous saddles after 1.5hrs or so. You know you are sitting on a saddle but the normal discomfort that usually arrives after 1.5hrs doesn't come and as a result I don't have to start shifting my ass around to try and get a spot that causes less discomfort if you know what I mean. The only issue that takes a little getting used off is that your shorts can slightly snag on the surface and you can't slide around, so you must lift your ass and drop it rather than sliding fore or aft. Nothing major but just different to all my other saddles. There is no hard edge either that catches the side of your thighs so I'm a happy chappie with a comfy ass! The price is astronomical but what price do you but on comfort! I'm glad I went with the Romin as I don't like the short nose Power. The more traditional shape saddle suits me better. I’ve also spent as much money on so called top end cycling shorts and chamois, chamois creams etc but they helped a little but never completely eradicated the problems.
I hope this helps?
Attachments
IMG_3407[1].JPG
IMG_3408[1].JPG
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

What's The shape of the Power Mirror closest to - the regular Power or the Power ARC? The Power Mirror looks like it falls between the two versions in terms of shape. Wondering if the cushion enables the Mirror to flatten out and take on the shape of the standard Power.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com