THM tibia stem: which computer mount are you using?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

johnrho

by johnrho

SystmSix wrote:I have the Carbonworks V2 on my 90mm THM Tibia. Not sure if the length of the stem has an effect on the hold but it might. When I mounted it first I didnt wait the appropriate time length for the locktight to cure before mounting to the stem and it came loose over time. I then followed the directions to the letter to reinstall and its solid and never comes loose and I use a garmin 1030 plus. I contacted Alpitude over a year ago and they replied with the same standard reply that they are in the works with a mount for the Tibia. I just dont see this as a high priority for them givin the pricepoint of the Tibia in the market and availability....
I had different requirements - I needed a mount that could support a 1040 solar with a GoPro. No mount today would be able to support that weight.

Also keep in mind how the Tibia faceplate is secured - it’s 4 torx nuts not bolts. The threaded bolt is attached to the body of the stem and take into account the shape faceplate of where those nuts are adds complexity for a mount that attaches there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Erwin

by Erwin

Any news about this? Does the Raceware mount hold? Alpitude solution is still not available. Only for THM Frontale.

johnrho

by johnrho

Erwin wrote:Any news about this? Does the Raceware mount hold? Alpitude solution is still not available. Only for THM Frontale.
Just to clarify, Martyn at Raceware created an insert that filled the entire slot with a tapped hole to attach a mount. And yes it’s still working as intended.

Erwin

by Erwin

Thanks for clarifying. After I wrote my message above I have seen in your picture that the mount itself is a rec-mount. Would rec-mount mount is yours? How much higher is your Garmin/Wahoo than the handlebar? Perhaps I should combine my THM Ulna with a MCFK stem. There are no really good solutions for the Tibia.

johnrho

by johnrho

Erwin wrote:Thanks for clarifying. After I wrote my message above I have seen in your picture that the mount itself is a rec-mount. Would rec-mount mount is yours? How much higher is your Garmin/Wahoo than the handlebar? Perhaps I should combine my THM Ulna with a MCFK stem. There are no really good solutions for the Tibia.
Yes the Rec-Mount is mine that is specific to the Specialized Venge/SL7 stem mount. My Garmin 1040 is flush with the tops of my Aerofly 2 bar. The pivot in the Rec-Mount allows me to change the angle also.

What is it that you’re trying to do?

Erwin

by Erwin

Thank you for your answer. I just want to sort out problems before buying a Tibia stem. Today for me is stem/handlebar/Garmin mount one system and should function as good as it could be (and light ;-) ). I also want to have an option for a light and have a 1030 Plus, so a big headunit. I can always use a K-Edge XL, but I prefer a clean(er) cockpit. Furthermore I already have a MCFK stem at home, a Tibia would fit the Ulna better, but no pleasing mount option available. No answer from Raceware and other people I have asked, so I will go with MCFK/Ulna.
Have looked at Future system mounts from Specialized. Perhaps I can make this works with a Tibia frontplate, but not worth the hassle.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I have a CarbonWorks tibia garmin mount for sale in the for sale section. Works superbe but am using an srm mount instead of the garmin

Werking
in the industry

by Werking

Hello guys,

I'm Andrea form Alpitude, sorry for big delays but last we announced pre-order for a new kindd of computer mount called Stelvio HS. Now available also for THM Tibia, Also available for: Roval Alpinist/Rapide/SL8 , Deda Alanera, Sl7 faceplate and more are in launchpad.

https://alpitude.cc/product/stelvio-hs- ... a-alenera/

:beerchug:
http://werking.cc - Handcrafted bicycles - Made in Italy

http://alpitude.cc - bike components