Budget lightweight seatpost options needed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tomee

by tomee

i bought a second hylix satpost and it arrives with an extra long Ti bolt. wtf!
im going to have to cut it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

schlafen

by schlafen

tomee wrote:i bought a second hylix satpost and it arrives with an extra long Ti bolt. wtf!

Which saddle is that please?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

tomee

by tomee

schlafen wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:37 pm
tomee wrote:i bought a second hylix satpost and it arrives with an extra long Ti bolt. wtf!

Which saddle is that please?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
san marco aspide carbon fx

wltz

by wltz

Received my ElitaOne 20mm setback seatpost. 166g for UD matte, 27.2 in 350 length, of which 49g is the clamping mechanism with bolts. The seatpost didn't slide in into the frame as I expected it to, prompting my panick-buying of a digital caliper. On a close and "scientific" inspection I found very slight discrepancies in diameter, but all within 0.1mm, so nothing to worry about. Armed with this knowledge, I inserted the tube with some very gentle persuasion and twisting, went in like a knife into butter as soon as the clamping area was negotiated. So far so good, very happy with the finish and the clamping mechanism.
3B4BEF17-C11D-44B2-B486-A3AD09B2CDD7.jpeg

anzi

by anzi

It seems that Elita One seatposts are highly recommended here. If I were to try one, should I go for the Thomson style:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32918267764.html
Or the Schmolke/MCFK style:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32814024528.html

I have a Thomson Masterpiece which I like very much, so the Thomson style looks better to me, but the Schmolke/MCFK design seems to be used by many lightweight carbon seatpost manufacturers, so it seems more like a proven design for a carbon post. Any thoughts?

Seph

by Seph

I read a lot of the elitaone. Do you guys still use it? any problem? is it safe for mtb too?

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Seph wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:49 pm
I read a lot of the elitaone. Do you guys still use it? any problem? is it safe for mtb too?
I have an Elita One on my CX bike and it's been solid, even with flying remounts. Came in at 149g after replacing the steel bolts with ti bolts. Cost was around $35 USD all told.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

xsnailx

by xsnailx

Seph wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:49 pm
i have 4 of them - one is in my cx bike, all are going strong even after 3 years

Maddie

by Maddie

Same here, I also have several in use including one on my CX. To me, it's the equivalent to the Kalloy Uno stems.

jfl

by jfl

I just recently broke the cradle of my Elita One seatpost. Fortunately I was only a few minutes from my home so I wasn't really inconvenienced. I replaced the cradle with one from an alloy Cannondale that seems to fit OK. I'm 72kg and not in the habit of jumping on my saddle. I can post a picture of the broken cradle if anyone's interested.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

I think I have 4 or 5 of their seat posts in rotation on various bikes. They've all been rock solid on road, gravel and Cx.

Broady

by Broady

Might have to give the Elita One a try. I'm a bit apprehensive due to the weight as it's for smashing about on gravel but seems to be held in high regard.