Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stevec1975

by stevec1975

A pressfit dub bb will fit what you have. I use 9100 rings on the Quarq Dub Dfour91 spider

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Runwithoneless

by Runwithoneless

Hi Everyone,

Has anybody tried putting the new(ish) RR 2.0 stem (that channels the cables underneath) in place of the RR iC stem that the lower-end 2020 models came with (which put the cables through the stem). The cables through the stem make maintenance and travel a real hassle, so I might look into trying the RR 2.0 stem if I can get my hands on one. The RR 2.0 stem seems ro have different spacers as well?

Apologies if there has been a discussion about this already; I searched but couldn't find anything!

stz

by stz

Andres wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 pm
VeloHelo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:57 pm
Hi, first post for me...
After reading alot about the addict rc, i bought a frameset. Has anybody done a build with mecanical shifting? I could need some tips for cable routing. Does the cable for the front shifter go under the bottom bracket or over it? And does anybody have a manual as i didin't get one...

Fitting the cable houses through the creston ic sl is pretty hard, but i think, it should work. But i hope, i wont have to do this again. Next time ill go with di2.

But the frame ist a beauty!
Just in case, this bike is only compatible with Shimano's latest generation mechanical, not Campy, not Sram. The derailleur (R8000 & R9000) needs to have a housing stop since there's no stop for the housing on the frame. You'll basically need to run full housing all the way to the derailleur.
Are you sure? I see Campy record mech Addicts, so i suppone 12s Campy is compatible. I have a rc frame to assemble, too. So there's no cable stop both for rear and front derailleur? So in the rear the cable pass in the hole over the dropuot and go straight to the derailleur?

rush77

by rush77

Hello, is there any carbon seat post that will fit an Addict RC?

I'm looking to replace the aluminium one that comes with the bike but looking for alternatives to Syncros ones.

jayjay

by jayjay

rush77 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:40 am

I'm looking to replace the aluminium one that comes with the bike but looking for alternatives to Syncros ones.
Sorry, I don't know any alternatives.
What Addict RC do you own? Haven't seen any with an aluminium seat post...

rush77

by rush77

jayjay wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:26 am
rush77 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:40 am

Sorry, I don't know any alternatives.
What Addict RC do you own? Haven't seen any with an aluminium seat post...
2020 Addict RC 30, the yellow one.

ddddd1

by ddddd1

rush77 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:17 pm
If your Addict RC has dropped seatstays, then you have definitely carbon seatpost. However, to answer your question, until Darimo makes seatpost for Addict, Syncros seatpost is your only choice
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

rush77

by rush77

ddddd1 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:45 pm
rush77 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:17 pm
If your Addict RC has dropped seatstays, then you have definitely carbon seatpost. However, to answer your question, until Darimo makes seatpost for Addict, Syncros seatpost is your only choice
I've checked the spec again and it's a carbon seatpost. Don't know why I supposed it was the aluminium one.

Now I have another problem. I've got a bike fitting and I have to change the stem to shorter one. Mine is 90mm and there's not a shorter Syncros stem. Bike fitter told me it should be 70mm. I've seen pics of your bike and you have standard stem, but I guess you bike has electronic shifting. Would it be possible to do that with mechanical shifting?

jayjay

by jayjay

If you need a 70mm stem on a road bike, maybe the bike is too big?

Dvi

by Dvi

Hi,

Does anyone know what these 2 spacers are for? They came in my small parts bag with my Scott addict RC
Attachments
0E6A7CB9-C3DD-4E29-998C-D032FCDF8E39.jpeg
44E590F3-0B29-49E4-9D3B-C8D8734600C2.jpeg

ddddd1

by ddddd1

rush77 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 7:37 am
I've checked the spec again and it's a carbon seatpost. Don't know why I supposed it was the aluminium one.

Now I have another problem. I've got a bike fitting and I have to change the stem to shorter one. Mine is 90mm and there's not a shorter Syncros stem. Bike fitter told me it should be 70mm. I've seen pics of your bike and you have standard stem, but I guess you bike has electronic shifting. Would it be possible to do that with mechanical shifting?
I think I once sent the spacer model to someone who wanted to run it with mechanical shifting, but dunno if the guy ran with it in the end. Imho the radius would be too tight and also the hole is probably too small for additional two cable housings.
Nevertheless I think jayjay is right on this one - 70mm is very small even for gravel bike, let alone for bike with race geometry. You should definitely look into smaller frame or (if you have very long legs and short torso) bike with endurance geometry.
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

ddddd1 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:12 pm
rush77 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 7:37 am

I think I once sent the spacer model to someone who wanted to run it with mechanical shifting, but dunno if the guy ran with it in the end. Imho the radius would be too tight and also the hole is probably too small for additional two cable housings.
Nevertheless I think jayjay is right on this one - 70mm is very small even for gravel bike, let alone for bike with race geometry. You should definitely look into smaller frame or (if you have very long legs and short torso) bike with endurance geometry.
I think I'm maybe 'the guy'! Much apprecaited but i didn't run it in the end as I switched to the one piece Creston SL bar/stem. Still running 9100 mechanical however.

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

New tyres fitted (Michelin Power Cup 28s) for a century+ tomorrow. Forgot how hard it is to remove and fit tyres to the Rovals. It was on GP5000 clinchers and the rear in particular just refused to come off. One bead felt like it was glued to the rim, a lot of persuasion and patience required!

joss

by joss

Has anybody seen a "naked" Addict RC frame? Naked in with no paint or just clear coat?

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

joss wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 5:07 pm
Has anybody seen a "naked" Addict RC frame? Naked in with no paint or just clear coat?
I've seen a few naked addicts on the streets but none of them were bikes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com