Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dontpanic

by dontpanic

HBike wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:56 pm
dontpanic wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:37 pm
stevec1975 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:20 pm
Hi, just got a Scott Addict RC 40 in the UK as an end of year sale/christmas present to myself, original stock weight (as measured on my Park tools scale) was 7.99kg in a size 52 (without pedals), and am aiming for about 7.3 Kg all in, in the short term.

Lots of good advice on here (I have been through some of the thread, but I have a few further questions!)

1. I currently have the stock Creston Alloy Bar/Stem, and looking to go to the Creston ic SL in 380/100mm (let me know if anyone has one for sale) - when I cut the fork steerer (Likely to have either 10 or 15mm of spacers) do I cut the top of fork to be below/in-line with the top stem bolt? (Traditionally it used to be 2mm lower than the top of the stem)
2, What front light solutions are people using on the Creston?
3, Has anyone changed out the through axles? Do you have a link to the suitable spec ones?
4, Does anyone have the spec for the Front and Rear Calipers bolts, so I can replace them in Ti
5, Likewise, for the seatclamp grub screw, I want to get a Ti replacement (mainly for the non-rusting qualities!)
6, Has anyone changed out the headset compression plug to an extralite/J&L version?

Thanks for your help in advance.the
I would just change that 105 cassette for a Dura Ace one before looking at Ti bolts and compressions plugs The stock axles are not that heavy if you remove the hex key from the rear one.
That's my first thing I do next week when my Addict RC gets delivered. I already have a DA cassette and chain I got new for a bargain before Christmas, carbon rail saddle, TPU tubes and clinchers, Creston IC SL and one can immediately shed quite some weight. Bike comes with heavier 28c Schwalbe One and Butyl tubes.
Great, i was looking at the compression plug from Extralight, the stock one weights 27g if i remember correctly. A lot of advice against swithcing it online since the genereal opinion seems to be that the compression plug should support the stem inside the carbon tube. Is this really the case?

HBike

by HBike

dontpanic wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:07 pm
HBike wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:56 pm
dontpanic wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:37 pm
stevec1975 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:20 pm
Hi, just got a Scott Addict RC 40 in the UK as an end of year sale/christmas present to myself, original stock weight (as measured on my Park tools scale) was 7.99kg in a size 52 (without pedals), and am aiming for about 7.3 Kg all in, in the short term.

Lots of good advice on here (I have been through some of the thread, but I have a few further questions!)

1. I currently have the stock Creston Alloy Bar/Stem, and looking to go to the Creston ic SL in 380/100mm (let me know if anyone has one for sale) - when I cut the fork steerer (Likely to have either 10 or 15mm of spacers) do I cut the top of fork to be below/in-line with the top stem bolt? (Traditionally it used to be 2mm lower than the top of the stem)
2, What front light solutions are people using on the Creston?
3, Has anyone changed out the through axles? Do you have a link to the suitable spec ones?
4, Does anyone have the spec for the Front and Rear Calipers bolts, so I can replace them in Ti
5, Likewise, for the seatclamp grub screw, I want to get a Ti replacement (mainly for the non-rusting qualities!)
6, Has anyone changed out the headset compression plug to an extralite/J&L version?

Thanks for your help in advance.the
I would just change that 105 cassette for a Dura Ace one before looking at Ti bolts and compressions plugs The stock axles are not that heavy if you remove the hex key from the rear one.
That's my first thing I do next week when my Addict RC gets delivered. I already have a DA cassette and chain I got new for a bargain before Christmas, carbon rail saddle, TPU tubes and clinchers, Creston IC SL and one can immediately shed quite some weight. Bike comes with heavier 28c Schwalbe One and Butyl tubes.
Great, i was looking at the compression plug from Extralight, the stock one weights 27g if i remember correctly. A lot of advice against swithcing it online since the genereal opinion seems to be that the compression plug should support the stem inside the carbon tube. Is this really the case?
The steerer tube has a different diameter than the bikes I have/used before. For my bkes I used a Deda expander so far, which is 7cm long and supports the steerer over a large area. I would advice having as long an expander as possible/tolerable, esp. if one is a stronger rider. Safety trumps a few grams in my opinion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

HBike wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:10 am
TheMalahat wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:28 am
Robert Thru Axle
https://robertaxleproject.com/
29 grams for the front axle. How heavy is the standard Syncros one?

Here 27g measured:
viewtopic.php?t=161238

Do the axles differ for higher/lower end versions of the Addict RC?
Interesting, I'm traveling for work but remember mine being much heavier - I've got a 30. Will grab them next week and check.

HBike

by HBike

Scott Addict RC 15 in Komodo Green arrived in XL (58) - measures at 7,27kg with bottle cages. An image will be added in the future when the weather gets nice. My changes:
- Creston IC SL Carbon Cockpit (110mm/42cm)
- Syncros Capital 1.0 50mm wheels instead of the 35mm
- 11-34 Dura Ace cassette 12s + XTR chain
- Aerothan tubes
- Pirelli P-Zero Race 4S 28c (exact 28mm on the 21mm internal/28mm external rim) for the mixed season
- Elite Leggero bottle cages
- Giant Fleet SLR Carbon Rail saddle with Ritchey clambs

N.B.
Axels measure 34g and 43g front and back.
Last edited by HBike on Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HBike

by HBike

Accidentally quoted it

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Hi. I got a hold of some used extra parts for the Addict. As I probably won't need all of them. I thought I would put it out here. I got a 100mm RR iC stem, seatpost clamp, saddle rail clamps, rear derailleur hanger, headset expander, magnetic cover for the brake screws on the fork and a 5mm offset Duncan 1.0 aero seatpost.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna keep and what I'll get rid of. But if someone is in need of any of the parts, write me a pm.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Finally finished building and did the first ride yesterday, love it!

HBike

by HBike

stevec1975 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:49 am
Finally finished building and did the first ride yesterday, love it!

I like it, never saw mix of Sram DUB and Shimano like that before.

RDY

by RDY

Do normal 1 1/4" stems fit on the Addict / Addict Gravel steerer without a shim?

KErIn

by KErIn

wheelie wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:52 am
Hi all!
Is there any aftermarket solutions for the full lenght ITT bars to fit Syncros Creston iC SL combo handlebar? The orginal SYNCROS Creston iC SL TT/TRI Clip On Bar seems too short for the long distances

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I don't really want to fork out $300+ for aerobars of questionable usefulness, so any aftermarket option would be appreciated.

Ytse

by Ytse

As my GP5K TLs near their end of life, I'm mulling the idea of using different type of tyres front and rear on my Addict RC - 25mm on the front wheel to keep it aero (Campa Bora WTO60) and 28mm on the rear for some added compliance. Does anyone have first hand experience of such a setup? Do you think it will have an impact on bike fit (eg. seat level)? Would you go even wider (30mm) on the rear wheel for even more comfort?
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

Anyone know where to source this in North America, if it's even possible? https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/basket it's the cap for the integrated handlebar. The shipping from the UK would make it very very expensive. My LBS cannot source. Thanks for any ideas.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

The basket link is not going to work…

What’s the item number or pic?

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

vanitypl

by vanitypl

RDY wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:38 pm
Do normal 1 1/4" stems fit on the Addict / Addict Gravel steerer without a shim?
Yeah it's a standard round steerer, you just have to either make sure that the stem is compatible with the same kind of internal cable routing or be ok with a slightly messy cockpit.
I'm currently running standard round spacers (apart from the bottom one to cover the headset) and a 1 1/4 Foil stem.
It looks a little clunky with the hoses running under the stem into the headset, but it's easy to work on and lighter than the stock brick which is all I really care about.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com