Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AddictMaRCo

by AddictMaRCo

AddictMaRCo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:23 am
Does anyone know if the most upper spacer for the Creston iC SL is mandatory to be installed?
This spacer is just as the most lower spacer, not removable after the cables run through them.

Does the upper spacer provide any aid in mounting of the stemcap (with the magnet)?
No one who knows this? How have you guys done this?
Scott Addict RC 2022 custom
Scott Spark RC Pro 2019
Canyon Grizl AL 2023

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

Ytse wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:04 pm
robeambro wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:39 pm
Sorry if I don't read 150+ pages but, is there an alternative cockpit option for the Addict that would feature a -9 / -12 or even -17 degree stem?
Farsports F1 can be bought with an Addict RC specific spacer that brings a clean, integrated look to the table.

https://www.farsports.com/products/f1-handlebar-98
Thanks - I'd be very much keen to have a two piece, but this could be an option.

pmprego

by pmprego

robeambro wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:01 pm
Ytse wrote:
robeambro wrote:
Sorry if I don't read 150+ pages but, is there an alternative cockpit option for the Addict that would feature a -9 / -12 or even -17 degree stem?
Farsports F1 can be bought with an Addict RC specific spacer that brings a clean, integrated look to the table.

Thanks - I'd be very much keen to have a two piece, but this could be an option.
There are some 3d printed headsets that imo look better.

There is also the new spacers on the gravel speedster as an option.

Ytse

by Ytse

pmprego wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:11 pm
robeambro wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:01 pm
Ytse wrote:
robeambro wrote:

There are some 3d printed headsets that imo look better.

There is also the new spacers on the gravel speedster as an option.
Good catch. With the gravel spacers, you can run almost any bar/stem combo.
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

Is there a way to replace the screw that holds the seat post height? Is it a standard screw? Mine is really rusty to the point it actually has become like an accent point on the bike!

Indyx

by Indyx

TheMalahat wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:52 am
Is there a way to replace the screw that holds the seat post height? Is it a standard screw? Mine is really rusty to the point it actually has become like an accent point on the bike!
Agree, there is a Ti or stailness version. Anyone know the size of the set screw?

OUGrad05

by OUGrad05

Addict is so appealing. They look great. It's top of my non aero list.

bobo100

by bobo100

I've got a new frameset. I should received a Scott Addict Rc PRO (2022) but I received Addict RC PRO Team Edition. It is exactly the same frame as team DSM team has. My previous one (Addict RC 10) was lighter (39g less). The fork weights exactly the same after. It was a warranty replacement.

I was thinking that the team frame would be even lighter than the normal one. What are you thinking about that? Is that because there is more carbon fibres there? Is it more stiff?
After really deep inspection I see that the paint is subtle. You can easily see the layers under the coating which looks great. In some area of course, not everywhere.

I look forward to your opinions.
Attachments
Frame Addict RC Pro
Frame Addict RC Pro
Fork
Fork
Scott addict rc 10
Scott addict rc 10

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Weight difference might be just due to the paint.

What was the reason for the warranty replacement?

bobo100

by bobo100

There was a problem with holes for mount rear break caliper. There was any doubts that it was a manufacturer fault.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

To save me from scrolling through 154 pages, could any Addict owners comment on it's handling manners, particularly descending?
I have a Gravel addict which I'm very impressed with, so much so that I'm considering the Addict as my next road bike.
BUT I'm not keen on the handling of low trail twitchy race bikes, looking at the Scott geo (I would be riding a 58 with a 73.3 head angle) I would have assumed that would be the case but nearly all the reviews I've read say the handling is balanced and confidence-inspiring.
For reference, I currently ride a BMC Road Machine, which I do like but it can feel a touch sluggish.

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Nohands83 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:58 am
To save me from scrolling through 154 pages, could any Addict owners comment on it's handling manners, particularly descending?
I have a Gravel addict which I'm very impressed with, so much so that I'm considering the Addict as my next road bike.
BUT I'm not keen on the handling of low trail twitchy race bikes, looking at the Scott geo (I would be riding a 58 with a 73.3 head angle) I would have assumed that would be the case but nearly all the reviews I've read say the handling is balanced and confidence-inspiring.
For reference, I currently ride a BMC Road Machine, which I do like but it can feel a touch sluggish.
Im on a 54cm RC, as opposed to a 58 but find it very stable on descents, no issues at all with handling. Its probably slightly less twitchy than my Foil, but that's not to say the Foil is unstable at all.

Like any bike, I imagine it would feel twitchier with a shorter stem.

Even switching to 380mm wide bars did not adversely affect the RC handling, but for clarity I do run Roval Rapide CLXs (50 front / 60 rear), with 28mm tyres.

One strange thing I have noticed on switching back to my Emonda (2019 MY) for winter, is that for some reason I prefer the feel of it when climbing out of the saddle. I'd put money on the Addict RC being stiffer, but there's just something very nice about the way my Emonda climbs even though its heavier than my RC and runs Ultegra as opposed to DA.

M4lukz

by M4lukz

Nohands83 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:58 am
Running an Addict RC for almost 3 years now, with syncros RP2.0 wheels, I find it very predictable, and easy to control.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Thanks for replies, looking at the geo again the head angle gets steeper as the sizes go up. In the smaller sizes the trail looks to be in the 60s (which would explain the stability) but in the larger sizes it drops to mid 50s so it might not be the bike for me in a 58.
I’m sure there’s a functional reason why bike designers do tend to do this but I feels like a strange design decision to create quite different handling between sizes of the same bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

ice29 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:35 pm
There is also a fake Syncros Creston IC SL on Aliexpress now, for around 100$... Bought it for a friend who is a bit of a penny-pincher, you can see/feel it's not the same quality, but also not that bad (I have an original Creston IC SL on my Addict).. Will see if it breaks under him :) (84kg) The only thing that looks really "ugly" is the stem cap... The plastic it's made of is already a bit rough and it's not smooth transition from handlebar to the cap (the problem here is the bar, you can see it is a raw carbon that has been painted with matte paint which is a bit too thick, where the edge for the cap should be...)
Hey How is Your buddy doing on this handlebar? Did it break or something? :) Can u post a link to an auction you bought it from,. There are few, and on some the cap looks good in customers reviews photos.
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019