Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

dontpanic wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:33 pm
I found some examples on Deda Facebook-page with a Deda handlebar mounted to the Scott Addict.

221811788_10159563886117430_4439524370560903889_n.jpg

221885251_10159563886332430_3898146516197529969_n.jpg
This looks sick. Wish I saw it earlier as I just ordered the syncros handlebar
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dontpanic

by dontpanic

pmprego wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:16 pm
ice29 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:51 am
pmprego wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:29 pm
Basically the last spacer has a shape that allows the cables to go beneath the stem and enter the spacers there.
So you mean the solution is not just the headset but to buy the whole spacer-kit for gravel-addict and then use any stem on top? I think only this syncros gravel stem would work with the shape of the spacers...
I was told any stem would work by a scott distributor but he also told me to buy it, try it and send him some photos of the setup (which I did not move forward - I was trying to get some info regarding the possibility - just in case approach). This is to say that he probably answered to me without actually trying it. But that gets resolved with one going to a scott dealer, finding one of these gravel bikes, asking the store to remove the stem and trying a different, regular stem. That's what I would do if I really needed to find a solution now.
Have anyone tried this yet? I have decided I simply not going to pay the insane 700+ euro to get the Syncros IC SL handlebar (hey I do not even like the looks of it) and the stock solution is heavy as can be. So I figure this solution might even fit my old Canyon H36 cockpit?
Last edited by dontpanic on Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pmprego

by pmprego

dontpanic wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:06 pm
pmprego wrote:
ice29 wrote:
pmprego wrote:
Basically the last spacer has a shape that allows the cables to go beneath the stem and enter the spacers there.
So you mean the solution is not just the headset but to buy the whole spacer-kit for gravel-addict and then use any stem on top? I think only this syncros gravel stem would work with the shape of the spacers...
I was told any stem would work by a scott distributor but he also told me to buy it, try it and send him some photos of the setup (which I did not move forward - I was trying to get some info regarding the possibility - just in case approach). This is to say that he probably answered to me without actually trying it. But that gets resolved with one going to a scott dealer, finding one of these gravel bikes, asking the store to remove the stem and trying a different, regular stem. That's what I would do if I really needed to find a solution now. Still, going to a store and try is not an option?
Have anyone tried this yet? I have decided I simply not going to pay the insane 700+ euro to get the Syncros IC SL handlebar (hey I do not even like the looks of it) and the stock solution is heavy as can be. So I figure this solution might even fit my old Canyon H36 cockpit?

I would be happy to try at least, do I just need to buy the specific SYNCROS Stem RR 2.0 or do I need new headset spacers also?
From what I understood, only the headset spacers because these are then supposed to accept any stem and the cables will enter in front of the stem and run beneath the stem. Buying the headset spacers and then stem then must really work.

dontpanic

by dontpanic

Wait a minute, why not just put the Canyon Cockpit right on the spacer? I can not believe I have been researching handlebar solutions for like 2 days and the solution was hanging in my storage the whole time. The Canyon H36 cockpit has a cut-out under the stem that fit all the cables, making it a smooth bend. I think this will work really well!
canyon1.jpeg
canyon2.jpeg
canyon3.jpeg

pmprego

by pmprego

It seems to work perfectly. Very nice. Good to know of that possibility.

ice29

by ice29

Kubackjeee wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:29 am
Hey How is Your buddy doing on this handlebar? Did it break or something? :) Can u post a link to an auction you bought it from,. There are few, and on some the cap looks good in customers reviews photos.
Hi, sorry for late reply haha, the bars have been fine over the months, no issues, pretty stiff... apart from cosmetics I would have no issues with them!
I bought these on aliexpress

HBike

by HBike

dontpanic wrote:
pmprego wrote:
ice29 wrote:
pmprego wrote:
I was told any stem would work by a scott distributor but he also told me to buy it, try it and send him some photos of the setup (which I did not move forward - I was trying to get some info regarding the possibility - just in case approach). This is to say that he probably answered to me without actually trying it. But that gets resolved with one going to a scott dealer, finding one of these gravel bikes, asking the store to remove the stem and trying a different, regular stem. That's what I would do if I really needed to find a solution now.
I bought an Addict RC 15 last week and could exchange the Creston with the Syncros IC SL bar for 150 Euros extra. I like the looks of it and for this price it is a no-brainer.

dontpanic

by dontpanic

HBike wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:05 pm
dontpanic wrote:
pmprego wrote:
ice29 wrote:

I bought an Addict RC 15 last week and could exchange the Creston with the Syncros IC SL bar for 150 Euros extra. I like the looks of it and for this price it is a no-brainer.
Good deal! Congrats 🥳 I found it for 500 euro (Bike24 & R2 Bike) a bit pricy still.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Hi, just got a Scott Addict RC 40 in the UK as an end of year sale/christmas present to myself, original stock weight (as measured on my Park tools scale) was 7.99kg in a size 52 (without pedals), and am aiming for about 7.3 Kg all in, in the short term.

Lots of good advice on here (I have been through some of the thread, but I have a few further questions!)

1. I currently have the stock Creston Alloy Bar/Stem, and looking to go to the Creston ic SL in 380/100mm (let me know if anyone has one for sale) - when I cut the fork steerer (Likely to have either 10 or 15mm of spacers) do I cut the top of fork to be below/in-line with the top stem bolt? (Traditionally it used to be 2mm lower than the top of the stem)
2, What front light solutions are people using on the Creston?
3, Has anyone changed out the through axles? Do you have a link to the suitable spec ones?
4, Does anyone have the spec for the Front and Rear Calipers bolts, so I can replace them in Ti
5, Likewise, for the seatclamp grub screw, I want to get a Ti replacement (mainly for the non-rusting qualities!)
6, Has anyone changed out the headset compression plug to an extralite/J&L version?

Thanks for your help in advance.

jayjay

by jayjay

stevec1975 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:20 pm
With the regular Syncros computer mount any light with a GoPro mount is possible.
Personaly I'm switching between a Lezyne and Lupine light.

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

HBike

by HBike

TheMalahat wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:28 am
Robert Thru Axle
https://robertaxleproject.com/
29 grams for the front axle. How heavy is the standard Syncros one?

Here 27g measured:
viewtopic.php?t=161238

Do the axles differ for higher/lower end versions of the Addict RC?

ddddd1

by ddddd1

IIRC, cheaper grade of frames had non-tapered heavier axles
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

dontpanic

by dontpanic

stevec1975 wrote:
Hi, just got a Scott Addict RC 40 in the UK as an end of year sale/christmas present to myself, original stock weight (as measured on my Park tools scale) was 7.99kg in a size 52 (without pedals), and am aiming for about 7.3 Kg all in, in the short term.

Lots of good advice on here (I have been through some of the thread, but I have a few further questions!)

1. I currently have the stock Creston Alloy Bar/Stem, and looking to go to the Creston ic SL in 380/100mm (let me know if anyone has one for sale) - when I cut the fork steerer (Likely to have either 10 or 15mm of spacers) do I cut the top of fork to be below/in-line with the top stem bolt? (Traditionally it used to be 2mm lower than the top of the stem)
3, Has anyone changed out the through axles? Do you have a link to the suitable spec ones?
4, Does anyone have the spec for the Front and Rear Calipers bolts, so I can replace them in Ti
5, Likewise, for the seatclamp grub screw, I want to get a Ti replacement (mainly for the non-rusting qualities!)
6, Has anyone changed out the headset compression plug to an extralite/J&L version?

I would just change that 105 cassette for a Dura Ace one before looking at Ti bolts and compressions plugs The stock axles are not that heavy if you remove the hex key from the rear one.

HBike

by HBike

dontpanic wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:37 pm
stevec1975 wrote:

I would just change that 105 cassette for a Dura Ace one before looking at Ti bolts and compressions plugs The stock axles are not that heavy if you remove the hex key from the rear one.
That's my first thing I do next week when my Addict RC gets delivered. I already have a DA cassette and chain I got new for a bargain before Christmas, carbon rail saddle, TPU tubes and clinchers, Creston IC SL and one can immediately shed quite some weight. Bike comes with heavier 28c Schwalbe One and Butyl tubes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com