Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sineloco

by sineloco

Hey y'all, first time posting. Have been following the thread for a couple of months since buying an Addict 10 (2022) and greatly appreciate all the info people have shared. Based on what I've read here, I ordered a set of Farsports F1s bars, asking specifically for the dedicated Addict spacer(s).

I received a topcap and 4 different spacers which are all for 1-1/8' steerers and one single 1-1/4 spacer that is quite chunky and looks 3D printed. It looks like it's flared enough that it could replace the existing top cap but doesn't actually fit flush to the frame. I can't use the existing top cap with the Farsports spacer as they don't fit together and if I only use the supplied spacer, then it looks like it's going to let a load of water/road juice in, which doesn't seem right. I've included some pics. I've messaged Farsports to see what they say.

Anyone here who has these bars able to say/show pics how they installed it or if they got extra spacers that maybe I'm missing? Thanks in advance :)
Photo 03-08-2023, 19 14 12.jpg
Photo 03-08-2023, 19 12 59.jpg
Photo 03-08-2023, 19 12 43.jpg
Last edited by sineloco on Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sineloco

by sineloco

Dvi wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 2:17 pm
Hi,

Does anyone know what these 2 spacers are for? They came in my small parts bag with my Scott addict RC
Not sure about the first one, but the 2nd one is a cassette spacer. It goes the freehub first when you want to run a different gear ratio i.e. if the freehub is an 11 speed, you can put the spacer on and then it will accept a 9/10 speed cassette which are narrower.

sineloco

by sineloco

rush77 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 7:37 am
ddddd1 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:45 pm
rush77 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:17 pm
2020 Addict RC 30, the yellow one.
If your Addict RC has dropped seatstays, then you have definitely carbon seatpost. However, to answer your question, until Darimo makes seatpost for Addict, Syncros seatpost is your only choice
I've checked the spec again and it's a carbon seatpost. Don't know why I supposed it was the aluminium one.

Now I have another problem. I've got a bike fitting and I have to change the stem to shorter one. Mine is 90mm and there's not a shorter Syncros stem. Bike fitter told me it should be 70mm. I've seen pics of your bike and you have standard stem, but I guess you bike has electronic shifting. Would it be possible to do that with mechanical shifting?
Hey rush77 - don't know if you managed to get this sorted out, but I'm after a 90mm stem if you're interested in selling yours? :)

Reds

by Reds

GeoffS wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:59 am
This ain't good....

Swapped over Ultegra brake calipers to Dura Ace ones on the weekend. Went to tighten up the mounting bolts - the Shimano instructions call for 6-8 Nm, so set the torque wrench to 6 Nm. Did the front bolts first and thought that felt pretty tight, but as I was doing up the second bolt on the rear caliper there was a nasty cracking sound from the frame. Had a closer look and there is a hairline fracture in part of the rear stay near the bolts, and the mounting surface is visibly deformed. Damn :evil:

So I dig around a bit and find the Addict manual on Scott's website. Sure enough, under the "Front Fork Disc" there is a note "max bolt torque front and rear 5 Nm". I have looked more closely at the front and while I can't see any visible damage, the caliper rocks over as bit as it is tightened up (to the extent that the brake disc rubs against the caliper body) suggesting there is some damage in the fork also.

So I have a cracked frame - at the rear certainly, and possibly at the front also. I'm absolutely gutted. I could tolerate a slightly dodgy rear brake, but there's no way I'm riding with a possibly cracked mounting for the front brake.

Yes, my stupidity for not checking the Scott manual instead of the Shimano manual, but is there any basis for a warranty claim against Scott? I've looked carefully at the frame internally and there is no internal sleeve to support the bolt tension. As an engineer, I find that pretty appalling.
Hello,

I get a similar situation on my bike.
I changed my wheelset for "winter wheelset" where I have disk already installed.

No particular issue with rear wheel/disk.
But with the front, it's not the same story, all the time my disk is in contact with the caliper R8070 (my disk is not perfectly flate).
I also seen by screwing the caliper bolt, that the caliper slide a little bit, therfore the disk is in contact to the brake pad.
I would like to confirm that I respect the torque mentionned on the fork (6Nm), not the torque describes in the user manual (5Nm).
Brake caliper torque.jpg
Brake caliper torque.jpg (31.23 KiB) Viewed 6076 times
After several hours unmount/mount and analysis, I also seen that the piston did not come out the same length between right/left (maybe 1mm). I also used an automobile mineral oil.

Therefore, I wanted to change the existing oil to Shimano and also open the caliper to clean the pistons OR take the opportunity to buy a new Dura Ace R9170 to also save some gr.
How many gr can we save with the change ?

I assume with the new 5Nm torque, probably the caliper will keep the correct/original place, but not solve the gap of both piston.
Do you know how to open Ultegra R8070 to clean piston ?

Thank you

stz

by stz

lightklein2 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:23 pm
Hello

does anyone run the Campagnolo 12 speed mechanical drivetrain on the Scott Addict RC Disc 2020? I know the problem is the front derailleur, since there is no mechanical stop for the housing. Did somebody find a solution for that or does the Shimano Dura Ace FR 9100 work whit that combination?
Did you finally find a solution? I'm very intersted in a campagnolo mech AddictRC

lightklein2

by lightklein2

Yes, I mounted a tuned Campagnolo Super Record FD and (shame on me) driled a 2mm hole in the chainstay, pictures folow to night.

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

Has anyone changed shiffter cables and housings on their addict rc? How are they routed? Is it full housing pulled all the way through the frame? Do you need to take out the cranks and bottom bracket for the job?
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019

havana

by havana

Yes I have, you can keep the crank and BB. At least, that's what I did.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

havana wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:22 pm
Yes I have, you can keep the crank and BB. At least, that's what I did.
So you just inserted the new housing using the old one and then got the cable thru? Or just got the old cable out and pull a new thru the old housing?
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019

stz

by stz

lightklein2 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:48 am
Yes, I mounted a tuned Campagnolo Super Record FD and (shame on me) driled a 2mm hole in the chainstay, pictures folow to night.
Pic please, i'm intersted

lightklein2

by lightklein2

...please take a look.
Attachments
WhatsApp Bild 2023-10-08 um 17.02.07_8c821c94.jpg
WhatsApp Bild 2023-10-08 um 17.02.07_8191da82.jpg
WhatsApp Bild 2023-10-08 um 17.02.07_1496a9a2.jpg
WhatsApp Bild 2023-10-08 um 17.02.07_7c793066.jpg

snaxez

by snaxez

Is there a new addict RC coming for 2024?

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

all our local scott dealers dropped them this year. after years of limited availability, they were basically told... this year will be better. get pre orders of everything, it will all arrive... and also take all these cheap bikes we are overstocked with.

and yup... only the cheap overstock scott wanted to dump arrived. everything else did not and the lbs all dropped scott.

i am in eastern canada.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Lucendi made me a Garmin Varia Mount to the profile of the Syncros seat post. Light as well!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com