Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dvi

by Dvi

Does anyone know the measurements of the little magnet that goes inside the top cap of the crest on ic sl? My bike shop lost it when adjusting the stem

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

MisterNoChain wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:38 pm
AED wrote:
bosco2814 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:23 am
Could the addict 2020 owners post more pictures of the seatpost clamp?
I read a comment that the screw touches the carbon directly.
This was mistake on my bike by assembler. I am waiting to receive new seatpost with clamp from warranty.
I've build several addicts and those small bits of the clamp are just thrown into the box with all the spare parts. So you have to find each little part between the reflectors, spacers, top cap, bolts for the disc brakes... I can imagine bikes being assembled missing a part.
What is this clamp made of? My bike was also assembled without this part and I have a hole now in the seatpost. Ive some rubber in between and added a lot of carbon paste so the seatpost hold right now. Wasn't aware there was any clamp until today...

I may need to DIY the clamp. Just courious what to use.
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

Kubackjeee wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:42 pm
MisterNoChain wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:38 pm
AED wrote:
bosco2814 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:23 am
Could the addict 2020 owners post more pictures of the seatpost clamp?
I read a comment that the screw touches the carbon directly.
This was mistake on my bike by assembler. I am waiting to receive new seatpost with clamp from warranty.
I've build several addicts and those small bits of the clamp are just thrown into the box with all the spare parts. So you have to find each little part between the reflectors, spacers, top cap, bolts for the disc brakes... I can imagine bikes being assembled missing a part.
What is this small bit of clamp made of? My bike was also assembled without this part and I have a hole now in the seatpost. Ive some rubber in between and added a lot of carbon paste so the seatpost hold right now. Wasn't aware there was any clamp until today...

I may need to DIY the clamp. Just courious what to use.
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019

ice29

by ice29

I just noticed the steerer tube of my Addict RC is starting to break where the stem bolts tighten the stem... I either over-torqued it, the expander was too loose and the carbon steerer was pressed in, or it's a result of me putting additional spacers with steerer cut too short (had the upper stem edge ~6mm over the steerer tube)...
Don't want to risk and ride it anymore so new fork will habe to be bought... anybody has an idea how much a replacement fork costs? And do they still have older forks as replacement parts? I have the 2020 Pro version, violet/green chameleon with yellow logos...

JasonFly

by JasonFly

ice29 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:38 pm
I just noticed the steerer tube of my Addict RC is starting to break where the stem bolts tighten the stem... I either over-torqued it, the expander was too loose and the carbon steerer was pressed in, or it's a result of me putting additional spacers with steerer cut too short (had the upper stem edge ~6mm over the steerer tube)...
Don't want to risk and ride it anymore so new fork will habe to be bought... anybody has an idea how much a replacement fork costs? And do they still have older forks as replacement parts? I have the 2020 Pro version, violet/green chameleon with yellow logos...
I had the same problem on a different bike.
Fork was repaired by a company specialized in carbon repairs for a little under 200€.
Upsides: now the fork is much stronger than before and I did not have to change It ( custom painted, would have been a pity...)
Downsides: they added an aluminum flange, so it is now a little heavier and I had to wait 3 weeks.

Ask to your local shop, they should already work with some carbon repair company!

pmprego

by pmprego

JasonFly wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:49 pm
ice29 wrote:
Fork was repaired by a company specialized in carbon repairs for a little under 200€.
Upsides: now the fork is much stronger than before and I did not have to change It ( custom painted, would have been a pity...)
Downsides: they added an aluminum flange, so it is now a little heavier and I had to wait 3 weeks.

Ask to your local shop, they should already work with some carbon repair company!
This does seem to be the best solution to go with.

ice29

by ice29

JasonFly wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:49 pm
ice29 wrote:

Thanks, I was not sure whether this can be repaired or not... Here in Switzerland such repairs can also get a bit pricy... but good to know, next time would probably take that way.
I asked the local Scott dealer and they said there is the last spare fork available in the central warehouse for ~660 CHF (= EUR), but I also found probably the same fork via UK online seller for ~400, so I bought a new one :) as a bonus I can now mount the handlebars higher, which I always wanted (I bought it used with the steerer already cut a bit too low...)

joss

by joss

How stiff are these reccent Addict RC frames?
Any rumors for and update already?

Doudou

by Doudou

My Addict RC 20 from 2020 equipped in Sram force AXS is having a problem on the brake pads wearing not evenly. They sit a bit higer than the disc so there is like 1mm at the top that is not in contact with the disc when breaking, and I end up with break pads being worn except on this part, and with time the difference become so big that it prevents the pads to touch the disc with enough force as the unworn part make like a bridge.

I have found a few threads talking about it online, but not so much and even less solutions... As I am probably not the only owner of an addict frame with Sram Force, I presume someone else have this problem too, and maybe found a solution ? (except changing all the groupset to go to Shimano :D even if sometimes, between the chaindrop and this I'm considering it, but my wallet doesn't agree)

ice29

by ice29

Doudou wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:12 am
My Addict RC 20 from 2020 equipped in Sram force AXS is having a problem on the brake pads wearing not evenly. They sit a bit higer than the disc so there is like 1mm at the top that is not in contact with the disc when breaking, and I end up with break pads being worn except on this part, and with time the difference become so big that it prevents the pads to touch the disc with enough force as the unworn part make like a bridge.

I have found a few threads talking about it online, but not so much and even less solutions... As I am probably not the only owner of an addict frame with Sram Force, I presume someone else have this problem too, and maybe found a solution ? (except changing all the groupset to go to Shimano :D even if sometimes, between the chaindrop and this I'm considering it, but my wallet doesn't agree)
I have Addict RC with Sram Force AXS brakes but no problems with uneven pad wear on mine... running 160 rotor in the front and 140 in the back (going to change it to 160mm next week), Sram Paceline rotors.
I had this issue in the past with MTBs, I thought it was more a rotor problem (mainly when combining Shimano rotors with Sram brakes)

Aesch

by Aesch

Doudou wrote:

Or maybe the caliper mounts need to be faced? That will drop the caliper a bit.

joss

by joss

joss wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:06 pm
How stiff are these reccent Addict RC frames?
Any rumors for and update already?
anyone?
Would like to know how stiff they are compared to other popular frames (SL7, Aeroad, Ultimate, etc..)

Doudou

by Doudou

ice29 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:37 pm
Doudou wrote:

I have Addict RC with Sram Force AXS brakes but no problems with uneven pad wear on mine... running 160 rotor in the front and 140 in the back (going to change it to 160mm next week), Sram Paceline rotors.
I had this issue in the past with MTBs, I thought it was more a rotor problem (mainly when combining Shimano rotors with Sram brakes)
I don't even get how you could run a 140 rotor on this bike... Could you send me a picture please so I see how it is mounted ?

I thought about getting it faced, but I'm not convinced I could gain the 1.5-2mm, but I'm not an expert. I need to find a bike shop that can do it, my usual one didn't even mention it last time when we talked about this problem.

ice29

by ice29

Doudou wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:29 pm
I don't even get how you could run a 140 rotor on this bike... Could you send me a picture please so I see how it is mounted ?

I thought about getting it faced, but I'm not convinced I could gain the 1.5-2mm, but I'm not an expert. I need to find a bike shop that can do it, my usual one didn't even mention it last time when we talked about this problem.
Just mount the brake caliper without the adapter, 140mm is default for rear brake with Addict RC (with Gravel version as well)
I have changed to 160mm now, again no issues, pads contact the rotor where they should...

central99

by central99

dontpanic wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:33 pm
I found some examples on Deda Facebook-page with a Deda handlebar mounted to the Scott Addict.

221811788_10159563886117430_4439524370560903889_n.jpg

221885251_10159563886332430_3898146516197529969_n.jpg
Love this but there doesn't seem to be any 1 1/4 stems available. Does anyone know of any alternative stems that keep the cables hidden?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com