Deda Alanera DCR 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MarshMellow

by MarshMellow

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:43 pm
milanv wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:28 pm
I have made pictures with my previous Colnago SR9 stem (my information made by Deda Elementi for Colnago) 120 mm lenght above the Deda Alanera Combo 440 + 120 mm, on the same position from the steerer tube.
Seems that no matter how we decicde to measure, @milanv is not happy with the length.

Although I do not own this bar, I have been considering it for my C64 for quite some time, so I am finding this discussion to be quite relevant. Seems to me that first image shows the trail edge of the bar aligning very closely with the back fo the slot in the Colnago SR9 stem. Based on my past experiences with early versions of one piece bars like FSA from 2012/2013, I think I would also be inclined to view that as being a but longer than 12 cm. As others have commented though, the cross bar is twice the 'beam' of a converntional round bar, making it more difficult to derive what is the exact centerline. If we assume the center point to be where the center of a round bar would be, then it would seem to me to be a 120 mm length stem, but if you measure the center as the point equidistance from the front to tail of the cross bar, then I would think that it is a 130 mm length stem on that bar.
Those are gray market items. The exact opposite of 'relevant'.
RimClencher wrote:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 am
That's your own fault for riding with no clothes on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

milanv

by milanv

MarsMallow, you are... :wink:
Deda lettering is on the opposite side, on mine combo + on the picture of Pogacar's bike. :thumbup:
IMG_0210.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

MarshMellow

by MarshMellow

removed - please keep it civil
RimClencher wrote:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 am
That's your own fault for riding with no clothes on.

TonyOliver83

by TonyOliver83

For what it's worth - here are ways to spot fake ali express Alaneras. Some people buy these then try sell on or pass off for new other with no box for a huge mark up.

Several problems with them,

Here are the most obvious.

1. Solid stem. (Should be hollow for DCR)
2. No grip coating for hood clamps
3. No 'D' logo on computer mount cover.
4. All bolts are basic socket caps. Not button/dome heads.
5. Huge QR code on bottom (non existent on real ones, have it in the layers in bar end)
6. No screw to hold Di2 junction box.
7. First style solid spacers/topcaps with wedges to interlock. Should have split style spacers and two pins to interlock when stacked.
8. Decals have same size dots all over. Grey dots should get smaller to give a 'fade' apperance.

There are other issues too but not really visible in these pics. How do I know? I got caught out and unknowingly bought a fake set. There were the early/first version with all grey decals but still similar problems to these.

Here are some 2020 pob style fakes from ebay showing some of these issues.

milanv

by milanv

So, this is, how the original ones looks like in comparison to fakes...

I have bought Deda Superbox stem 110 mm to compare both fits and try it with Deda Superzero handlebars.

And the best - I have rode 200 km with this combination and the shape and reach of Superzero handlebars are superb for me, I like them. :thumbup:
Attachments
IMG_0281.JPEG
IMG_0282.JPEG
IMG_0284.JPEG
IMG_0285.JPEG
IMG_0286.JPEG
IMG_0288.JPEG

tmanley

by tmanley

Curious to know if anyone knows how much the 130mm/420mm option weighs.

-Thanks, Todd

Dorpel

by Dorpel

100mm weighs about 275gr. That's why I sent it back when it arrived. I'm going semi integrated on my SSEvo.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Do we think this is about to be updated as Pog was riding a 38cm wide one at the tour? This would interest me
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

smeady

by smeady

Some questions about the Alanera for anyone who has one. The Deda site lists the narrowest size as 42cm outside/outside. Does anyone know what the sizing is center/center? I'm trying to compare widths to my existing bars which are 39 wide c/c.

Additionally, do the bars have any flare to them? It doesn't seem like it based on what I can find but I wanted to make sure.

milanv

by milanv

smeady wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:05 pm
Some questions about the Alanera for anyone who has one. The Deda site lists the narrowest size as 42cm outside/outside. Does anyone know what the sizing is center/center? I'm trying to compare widths to my existing bars which are 39 wide c/c.

Additionally, do the bars have any flare to them? It doesn't seem like it based on what I can find but I wanted to make sure.
Minus cca 1,2-1,3 cm

r_mutt

by r_mutt

smeady wrote:

Deda always measures outside to outside for their bars

micasro

by micasro

Dorpel wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:50 am
100mm weighs about 275gr. That's why I sent it back when it arrived. I'm going semi integrated on my SSEvo.
Hi, one question, what was the size of your deda alanera? 42x100?

I am looking for the weight of that size.

Regards,
Micasro.

micasro

by micasro

r_mutt wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:53 pm
smeady wrote:

Deda always measures outside to outside for their bars
Hi, if I am not wrong is 40cm from center to center.

For the next year 23, they have announced on their website a new size 40cm outside/outside --> 38 c/c.

Regards,
Micasro.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

smeady wrote:

According to the dealer who sold me (new version) Deda Superzero RS, 2cm less.
My Superzero RS is a 42cm version, which measure 40cm C-C.
These are 260g in size 44 and 244-247g in size 42.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

micasro

by micasro

Hi Everyone,

Last weekend I received an alanera dcr and yesterday when I was mounting it in the bike I saw that inside the stem there are some carbon imperfections with cut edges that in my opinion could be dangerous for the braking lines, passing my finger through that imperfection I felt it like a knife.

Here is a photo, someone has the same? Is that normal?

Regards.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com