Caden wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
markyboy

by markyboy

Has anyone have these wheels or know anything about them?What they like?
https://carbonbikewheels.com.au/eu
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

beanbiken

by beanbiken

On my short list as my next purchase. One of our Kiwi members brought a set from memory, hopefully he will chime in with som feedback
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

This threads op have caden wheels running on his tarmac

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1415chris

by 1415chris

Look at Slowtwitch, there are few posts of Caden wheels users.
I'd be also interested to hear/read more in depth first hand review on Decadence line.

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

With the disclaimer that I only have three rides on my deCADENce 38mm clincher I will say that I am very impressed. Very.

They are light at 1320g including rim tape, they are quite stiff and handle my 77kg flawlessly. The first ride was in crazy strong wind and a bit of rain and the wheels were almost completely unaffected, when the wind did hit them it was a controlled push rather than a sudden yank (if that's proper English..?). Tires were easy to mount and 25mm Conti GP 5000 sit flush with the rim.

Braking is good and certainly better than both Fulcrum Quattro Carbon and Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon SL which I have had the past year. It's not perfect and the pads will probably need a bit more bedding in before I will know the full extend of it.

The workmanship and look/feel is impressive and the freehub sound is intoxicating. Probably placebo but they seem to make me ride hard and really attack any climbs (no mountains and mostly short sharp "bergs" where live).

All in all I am massively impressed but again it's only after a few rides.

gurk700

by gurk700

markyboy wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:36 am
Has anyone have these wheels or know anything about them?What they like?
https://carbonbikewheels.com.au/eu
Any specifics you wanna know?

Braking: Crap in the wet like any other carbon wheel. Decent on dry.
Everything else: Amazing bang for buck. Stiff, lively, light as hell. For clinchers, there's other options out there but for tubulars, I don't think I would buy any other brand.

On 30sec - 1min uphill KOM attempts I keep wheelieing them :D

Also the owner, Ben Cawood, is an awesome dude.

markyboy

by markyboy

Cool thanks for the response,everything i need to know :thumbup:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

jiefrew

by jiefrew

Hey guys,
I've been running ENVE for years and also three sets of Dura Ace C60 and C24s. I also have experience with a couple of sets of Caden Wheels, so I can confidently comment on them all from a builder and rider's point of view.
All sets of Cadens were Decadence wheels [the best they make], a 38mm [two rim clincher], a 45mm rim tublessm a 45 disc tubeless and a 35mm tubeless. All sets have been outstanding and still in use.

ENVE is a brand I love. The BIG NEGATIVE IS PRICE for most users. And now with a spectacular price hike from ENVE it is even harder to justify. Just too expensive and on some areas NOT AS GOOD AS CADEN.

Setting up Enve TUBELESS/RIM brake rims has been super easy compared to some other road tubeless wheels I have set up. Caden is EVEN EASIER, yep, easier than ENVE! But both are super-easy [of course with good tyres].
First-fit is not the issue with tubeless in my experience. The big issue is TOPPING UP sealant later. Many rims are unhelpfully shaped in the channel shoulder so when you deflate to top up the tyre slips off the shoulder and getting resealed can be a real stinker of a job.
With ENVE and MORE SO WITH CADEN this is NOT A PROBLEM, in my experience.

Also, tubeless is the way to go and I expct it will be ubiquitous eventually.
Flats are part of life on tube/clinchers; tubless almost totally eliminates this. In fact, afer years of running tubeless I have NEVER had a FLAT on a tubeless road wheel even when the tyre has many punctures. With tubes punctures = flats, with tubeless it doesn't.
Tubeless can also run at significantly lower pressures which is a plus for drag reduction and comfort especially with 25mm or 28mm tyres.

Anyway, back to Ben and Caden wheels. ENVE customer care v Caden wheels? Caden wins. Yep, even though I have run so many ENVES over the years I have found Caden customer support is personal, fast and super-supportive. 10/10 to Caden for this.

Come to think of it; let's bullet-point this:
• PRICE: Caden is a clear WINNER on price. Enve has priced themselves out of the market. That might be fatal in the end.
• CUSTOMER CARE: Caden is a clear WINNER. ENVE is a close second but Caden support is OUTSTANDING surpassing even ENVE's.
• WARRANTY: ENVE's warranty is a WINNER. No one beats ENVE's warranty and no-quibble support.
• PRODUCT QUALITY: ENVE is a WINNER by the NARROWEST margin. I mean both of these products are premium quality.
• WEIGHT: My deCadence wheel sets are super light and some even lighter than ENVE equivalents.
• BRAKING:For disc this is a non issue but for rim braking on carbon ENVE is unbeaten IMHO. But Caden wheels are great too.
•SUMMARY: In a perfect world we would love ENVE warranty, at Caden prices and with Caden customer care. If I had to choose one it would now be Caden. There is simply less reason to stay with ENVE with such great alternatives. You can have TWO SETS of superb 'Decadence' wheelsets for the price of ONE Enve and if you run one set of Caden's after the other that gives you 6 years of warranty! Both products are excellent, though.

Any questions, just ask.
Last edited by jiefrew on Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

I've had 2 sets of deCadence tubulars
1 disc and 1 rim
Love them, they are within cooie of the advertised weight
The owner is a knowledgeable, friendly bloke who answers emails promptly
Price is way lower than other manufacturers and included rim tape postage import tax

Wheels themselves have good brake track, run true and spin freely

My experience has been excellent
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

alcatraz

by alcatraz

The hub weights are unusually low. They are lower than carbon-ti. I find it very interesting.

tifosiman

by tifosiman

How do the freehubs sound on the Cadens?

KarlC

by KarlC

+1 on Caden

My Caden deCadence tubulars are some of the best wheels I have owned.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Catagory6

by Catagory6

does anybody have comparison to campy bora?

vanillaflyweight

by vanillaflyweight

I have a set of Decadence 49 and campy bora ones 35 (both rim brake)

In terms of rolling no question the cadens win by a mile, however under power/accelerating/tight cornering I prefer the boras. The boras just feel stiffer and transfer power better.

After a similar period of ownership (about 2yrs) the cadens have also gone out of true slightly whereas the the boras are as perfect as the day I got them. I have also noticed a rotated spoke on the caden rear wheel.

The boras did require a new freehub (due to a stuck bearing) but after 2yrs of riding through everything wet or dry I don't see this as an issue. The cadens probably get used 1-2 times per fortnight in mostly dry conditions and the front rim has already shown some worrying signs of wear on the brake track whereas the boras have not despite almost daily use.

Bottom line next set of wheels would probably be a pair of bora ultra 50s/WTO 45. As good as the cadens roll they just don't feel as well rounded as the boras.

sylvanscreener

by sylvanscreener

vanillaflyweight wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:06 am
I have a set of Decadence 49 and campy bora ones 35 (both rim brake)

In terms of rolling no question the cadens win by a mile, however under power/accelerating/tight cornering I prefer the boras. The boras just feel stiffer and transfer power better.

After a similar period of ownership (about 2yrs) the cadens have also gone out of true slightly whereas the the boras are as perfect as the day I got them. I have also noticed a rotated spoke on the caden rear wheel.

The boras did require a new freehub (due to a stuck bearing) but after 2yrs of riding through everything wet or dry I don't see this as an issue. The cadens probably get used 1-2 times per fortnight in mostly dry conditions and the front rim has already shown some worrying signs of wear on the brake track whereas the boras have not despite almost daily use.

Bottom line next set of wheels would probably be a pair of bora ultra 50s/WTO 45. As good as the cadens roll they just don't feel as well rounded as the boras.
Hello, I have been highly considering a Bora Ultra 50 tubular wheelset purchase until I found out about DeCadence 49mm tubulars. Given their weight is 130g less than the Ultra 50's, have an identical warranty, wouldn't mismatch with my eTap build, and cost 50%-65% less than the Boras, I'm wondering what other drawbacks there are, beyond the ones you've listed, since they appear too good to be true. For reference I live in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and would subject them to intense braking. Any advice would be greatly appreaciated, thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com