Caden wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Turls

by Turls

I've got some 38 decadence on order but there's a wait. Interested to see how they run on the 2011 HTC sworks/Dura mech. I've had Fulcrum 3's' then swapped to RS80's (I love this wheel) but they don't make em now.,Got kysyrium SLR exalith now but they seem like tanks compared to the RS80's. was to get C40's, but came across Caden by chance. I ride alone and everyday, and go hard (for me) so an honest, forthright review after a week I'll post. Excited about them and by all accounts they'll have the climbing zip I personally can't find in the Mav's.

girlRufus

by girlRufus

I ordered a set of 65 decadence tubeless wheels last week. They're backordered by about 4-8 weeks, but that doesn't really matter since there will still be snow until at least April (thanks Minnesota). Still can't wait to get them though, these will not only be my first foray into tubeless, but my first carbon rims as well. I'll try to post photos when they come in. I'm putting them on my 2016 Orbea OMR, replacing the stock Shimano alloys. I ordered up some new Pirelli P Zero Race TLR 26c tires along with some Stan's NoTubes sealant, so I should be ready to go when they come in.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Turls

by Turls

Ok got my Decadence 38mm clinchers and they are beautiful. If you're in Melbourne you know the Kew Boulevarde 'out and back' and i can tell you my time yester (in a crosswind) equals my best time from two years ago, on Dura c24's, so for a few crumbs under AUD 2K, i think they're amazing. Ive actually got to catch up to them a bit now (not unlike when i first got my HTC SWORKS in 2011), which at my age is gonna be hard, cos they just go! Love em! And that awesome hub sound is the 'V-rod of cycles'. Great stopping in the wet too, can reco them enough.

2000m2

by 2000m2

Nice to see these positive reviews of the Caden wheels. I am curious what pads (rim version of course) you all are using with the wheels and if that might explain the differences in how they brake & brake track wear?

Aesch

by Aesch

girlRufus wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:06 am
I ordered a set of 65 decadence tubeless wheels last week. They're backordered by about 4-8 weeks, but that doesn't really matter since there will still be snow until at least April (thanks Minnesota). Still can't wait to get them though, these will not only be my first foray into tubeless, but my first carbon rims as well. I'll try to post photos when they come in. I'm putting them on my 2016 Orbea OMR, replacing the stock Shimano alloys. I ordered up some new Pirelli P Zero Race TLR 26c tires along with some Stan's NoTubes sealant, so I should be ready to go when they come in.
How do you like them so far?

Turrifik

by Turrifik

Has anybody tried their 80mm wheels? I’m tempted to try them on my TMR01.

https://cadencycling.com/eu/product/81m ... r-wheelset#

Curious how they’d compare to 51/60mm Rapides in terms of speed and hopefully not much different in crosswinds. I guess I could go with a 60mm front wheel. I’m 75kg. haven’t had any crosswind concerns so far, but 80mm would be much deeper.

Too bad the inner rim width is only 20.2mm. I like running 28mm tires, but could drop down to 25mm. The bmc handlebars are very comfy/flexible for soaking up noise.

Curious what folks have experienced. My other option is new lighter zipp 808’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turrifik

by Turrifik

Anybody with experience on the 80mm wheels?
https://carbonbikewheels.com.au/us/prod ... r-wheelset

The other wheels of interest are the Hadron2 Ultimate 800’s by SwissSide.

https://www.swissside.com/collections/h ... 5802445923

Made by DT Swiss I believe. Wide profile for 25-28mm tires and crosswind stability is very well reviewed. But, SwissSides are heavier than Caden wheels. Not sure how aero drag compares. The Caden wheels are narrower (28 vs 32mm I believe), but SwissSide is well known for aerodynamic design.

These aren’t common brands. Any experiences would be much appreciated.

Jabulane

by Jabulane

I have had very good experience with Caden wheels. I'm currently riding on two different sets. One is the DeCadence 38mm rim brake clincher and the second is the DeCadence 49mm rim brake clincher. I run both with 26mm Rene Herse Cayuse Pass tires or 26mm Pirelli Race tires...and use Pirelli PZero smart tubes. They have both been tough and reliable and are great all-around wheelsets. The ride quality and build quality are exellent, and braking is very good. Tires are super easy to mount.
I will be getting a third set, which will be the DeCadence 45mm tubeless ready wheelset. I planning to run these with 28 or 30mm tires for lightweight ultra bike packing trips. Beyond the wheels themselves, Ben and the Caden team have provided very good cusotmer service. I think they're great and recommend giving them a try.

Aloha

Turrifik

by Turrifik

Thanks for sharing! I’ve heard nothing but good things about Ben et al at Caden.

My only toss up now is which wheel is better for pure aero and crosswind stability when going deep at 80mm. The Hadron2’s look good too and I can find more reviews since they’re a little more well known I suspect.

JimV

by JimV

I own the 65 clincers and 81's. I owend the 81 tubulars previously. The wheels are great. I raced the 81 tubulars pre covid. I bought the 65's during Covid, and that has become my "standard wheel". Sold the tubies at the begining of Covid, not sure I would race again. I bought the clinchers last year to race, but barely did. I now have the 81's up for sale. Let me know if interested.

The only maintance I have ever done on any Caden wheels, is at the end of the season, pull the freehub and clean and relube. More of an old habit, just a good clean and check. In the 4 or 5 years that I have owned Caden wheels none of them has ever seen a spoke wrench. His weights are accurate too.

Turrifik

by Turrifik

JimV wrote:I own the 65 clincers and 81's. I owend the 81 tubulars previously. The wheels are great. I raced the 81 tubulars pre covid. I bought the 65's during Covid, and that has become my "standard wheel". Sold the tubies at the begining of Covid, not sure I would race again. I bought the clinchers last year to race, but barely did. I now have the 81's up for sale. Let me know if interested.

The only maintance I have ever done on any Caden wheels, is at the end of the season, pull the freehub and clean and relube. More of an old habit, just a good clean and check. In the 4 or 5 years that I have owned Caden wheels none of them has ever seen a spoke wrench. His weights are accurate too.
Oooh. Very tempting. Nice to see you’ve enjoyed multiple sets. Do you think the 81s would be good for fast road ride use in terms of crosswind stability? Also curious about their bullet balance flywheel effect.

I already own Rapides, so this would be an aero upgrade I’d like to ride as often as possible depending on wind conditions. Based on very good reviews for the Hardon2’s new design prioritizing crosswinds, im wondering if these 80mm wheels would actually stay on the bike for more rides. Haven’t ridden either so it’s hard to tell.

Catagory6

by Catagory6

bumping this thread for any new info
i'm very curious about these wheels in the clincher, or tubless version

i am currently running the Bora 35, and 50 tubular rim brake
and everything i'm reading implies that tubless tires are faster than clincher, are faster than tubular

RadB

by RadB

Looks like the weight savings to mainstream wheelsets comes from smaller hub shells (and bearings).

Mjolnir2k

by Mjolnir2k

Turrifik wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:41 pm
Anybody with experience on the 80mm wheels?
https://carbonbikewheels.com.au/us/prod ... r-wheelset

The other wheels of interest are the Hadron2 Ultimate 800’s by SwissSide.

https://www.swissside.com/collections/h ... 5802445923

Made by DT Swiss I believe. Wide profile for 25-28mm tires and crosswind stability is very well reviewed. But, SwissSides are heavier than Caden wheels. Not sure how aero drag compares. The Caden wheels are narrower (28 vs 32mm I believe), but SwissSide is well known for aerodynamic design.

These aren’t common brands. Any experiences would be much appreciated.

I recently purchased the Caden DeCadence 80mm tubulars for my Cervelo S5 and it dropped a pound off of my bike weight coming from the Reserve 50mm wheels I was running. Only had two rides on them so far, but they seem to ride VERY well. Acceleration is amazing, excellent handling and the weight is insanely low (1,350 grams for the set). They are very well built, the rims are amazing, the hubs seem very solid and the added bonus of having the owner himself (Ben) work with me on these wheels is just fantastic.

They are crazy good wheels at a price that is impossible to beat. You can't go wrong with them.
Attachments
B364390C-13DA-4EAA-A03A-A965246D7C72.jpeg

Knedragon27

by Knedragon27

mabel 65.jpg
I'm mostly running my 65 tubeless rim version decadence wheel set here on the flats of south florida . Paired with Vittoria Corsa Speeds . These wheels roll really well , handle cross winds great ( which here its always across the nose ). Braking is good in the dry sos so in the wet , using Corima red corks .
PS ( chimney has been cut :mrgreen: )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com