Caden wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Sockman

by Sockman

Anyone running Caden wheels tubeless? I'm looking at the 38/49 combo, deCADENCE option. To clarify, not the super wide tubeless gravel option, but the regular wheels!

KarlC

by KarlC

New tires so I decided to weight the Caden wheels .....

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

Sorry if this has been covered before, but what’s the difference between deCadence vs. regular? It is like ceramic bearing vs steel bearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanillaflyweight

by vanillaflyweight

sylvanscreener wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:54 pm
For reference I live in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and would subject them to intense braking. Any advice would be greatly appreaciated, thanks!
I think that is your answer. The boras get used nearly every day and no sign of wear on the brake track, but the cadens which only get used occasionally have started to wear noticeably on the front wheel's brake track.

eeney

by eeney

addictR1 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:07 pm
Sorry if this has been covered before, but what’s the difference between deCadence vs. regular? It is like ceramic bearing vs steel bearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decadence are lighter and slightly more expensive. They are equally strong, if not stronger due to their formation, eg. strengthened at the spoke holes. Not sure about bearings, but I'm not sure ceramic are better in wheels (or have I watched too much Hambini).

I've just sold a set of decadence wheels, they were brilliant wheels, just too deep for my needs (60/80) and therefore I wasn't using them (used 3 times in a year). I should have bought 50's as an allrounder.

RoadiefromMN

by RoadiefromMN

The cadens probably get used 1-2 times per fortnight in mostly dry conditions and the front rim has already shown some worrying signs of wear on the brake track whereas the boras have not despite almost daily use.
Has anyone else with these wheels experienced this?

I am looking for a mid depth wheel and have a few different in mind includjng 49mm decadence. On paper these wheels look good and the company looks like a solid company. Their weight and price are a huge bonus, but it the brake track doesn't hold up it would be an absolute no for me.

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

Following my prost from last April I now have some 4000 km on the DeCadence 38mm clinchers and I remain very impressed. The have stayed true and round (I weigh 77 kg, so not exactly featherweight) and I see no wear on the brake track. I am really impressed with how they handle cross winds and the braking is quite good (actually a lot better than my Mavic Cosmic Carbon SL's).

I guess my only minor niggle is the inner width of "only" 17mm. This is fine for a 23 or 25mm wide tire, but my personal preference is slightly wider to get a more round profile.

PoorInRichfield

by PoorInRichfield

But the real question is... If these wheels are from south of the equator in Australia, will they spin the wrong direction for those of us north of the equator? :noidea:

Hehe... all kidding aside, I'm suddenly very intersted in these wheels. I'm a big 'ol Trek fan (I live an hour from Trek's HQ) and would like a set of Bontrager Aeolus XXX 4 wheels, but my wallet can't justify the price. These deCadence wheels are not only substantially less expensive, but also lighter. hmmm...

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

My 59mm DeCadence tubs (disc) just arrived at 1230g the pair.

Pinguin

by Pinguin

cyclespeed wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:40 pm
Please Pictures

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Spent 10 minutes trying to work out how to upload an image then gave up.
Says .heic is not allowed....

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

cyclespeed wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:24 pm
Says .heic is not allowed....
The reason you get HEIC format is because you've shot the photos with HDR enabled or set to auto. Explicitly disable HDR and you will get JPEGs.

KarlC

by KarlC

cyclespeed wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMUjL2NE8Kk

LOL no ? I think you will like your new wheels

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

KarlC wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:49 pm
cyclespeed wrote:

Yeah, I knew I would get some flak for that....!
Basically, I have a problem with the fork on my SL6 which I need to repair, so needed a new bike to tide me over. Looked at SL7, but found a Factor One half price, so I went for that. Of course, it's disc.....
So although I've resisted disc for a long time and would not consciously opt for them, I don't seem to have much choice really....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

cyclespeed wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:49 pm
KarlC wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:49 pm
cyclespeed wrote:

Yeah, I knew I would get some flak for that....!
Basically, I have a problem with the fork on my SL6 which I need to repair, so needed a new bike to tide me over. Looked at SL7, but found a Factor One half price, so I went for that. Of course, it's disc.....
So although I've resisted disc for a long time and would not consciously opt for them, I don't seem to have much choice really....
Need a fork ? ........

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthre ... hlight=sl6

/
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12