Parlee RZ7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fruitfly

by fruitfly

Fascinting stuff Mr Gib-all new to this old hand-will definitely try it out, counter-intuitive though it seems. I had two bikes that were prone to "death wobble", and took the "hold on for dear life with the kness" approach. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Factor Ostro

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

@fruitfly, I have a background in ski racing. For years I lived speed, stability, grip, and line control. Made a technical "study" of cornering on a bike. Many similar principles apply between the two sports.

Just again for the OP, when it comes to speed wobble, no bike should do it, ever, regardless of what the rider is doing. I had one bike that had an occasional minor wobble at speed (first version Giant TCR), and many other bikes that I could not make wobble no matter what I did. It's all about the bike.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

planitearth

by planitearth

My RZ7 should hopefully be arriving in the next few weeks.
I'm going to try to get a mount 3d printed to put a light on the underside of the GPS mount that comes with it.
Does anyone have a photo of the underside of the supplied Parlee GPS mount, please? Keen to see what holes there might be...

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Somine in thisnthread already did iit inthinkm sewrch up the thread. That said im running a barfly 35mm clamp plus light and i like it much better. The stock mount juts out at an offset angle.

johnnyle123

by johnnyle123

Parlee have a new lower mount for the Rz7 that looks a lot sleeker. I've managed to use a barfly gopro accessory mount underneath both the old and new mounts without any issues.
Attachments
IMG_6333.png
IMG_6334 2.png
IMG_6335 2.png

milanv

by milanv

Wow, it is very ugly...

Serkie

by Serkie

Holy thread revival! :mrgreen:

Just finished building my RZ7 which has taken almost 4 months due to the nightmare that is the current cycling supply chain! In the end I gave up trying to source a new Dura Ace DI2 groupset and reused my SRAM ETAP with some new HRD shifters and calipers (sourced from Germany and USA respectively). Wheels are Parcours Strade and thought I'd also give 28mm tyres a go. Happy with how it's turned out. :D

With only 100km clocked up on it to date, initial impressions are positive! Ride quality is superb, position is more aggressive than my Altum but maintainable so far, no aches and pains yet at least! Is it faster than my Altum over the same loops? Time will tell... :thumbup:

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Looks good. Nice pics.

planitearth

by planitearth

Serkie wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Just finished building my RZ7 which has taken almost 4 months due to the nightmare that is the current cycling supply chain! In the end I gave up trying to source a new Dura Ace DI2 groupset and reused my SRAM ETAP with some new HRD shifters and calipers (sourced from Germany and USA respectively). Wheels are Parcours Strade and thought I'd also give 28mm tyres a go. Happy with how it's turned out. :D

With only 100km clocked up on it to date, initial impressions are positive! Ride quality is superb, position is more aggressive than my Altum but maintainable so far, no aches and pains yet at least! Is it faster than my Altum over the same loops? Time will tell... :thumbup:
Hi, Serkie, what do you think of the Parcours wheels? I'm thinking of getting a set of Ronde's for climbing / windier conditions.
I've had my RZ7 for a month and done a bit over 1000km on it.
Generally very happy but the saddle and setup is work in progress...

Serkie

by Serkie

planitearth wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:43 am
Serkie wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Hi, Serkie, what do you think of the Parcours wheels? I'm thinking of getting a set of Ronde's for climbing / windier conditions.
I've had my RZ7 for a month and done a bit over 1000km on it.
Generally very happy but the saddle and setup is work in progress...
So far so good, I put some early impressions here:

viewtopic.php?p=1695869#p1695869

ntb1001

by ntb1001

Hey there…just wondering about a RZ7.
I haven’t read through all of this, but can you run a Mechanical group set with this frame?
I have a campy record 12 disk mechanical group set that I want to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Call them. You probably can. Not ideal though. Theres a cable boss cover for the downtube port that comes with the frame.

Its a phenomenal bike you will not regret it.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Theres a large 57cm frameset for sale on ebay right now listed by a dealer at a really good price. With all these bike shortages this thing is a steal. No affiliation.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

ntb1001 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:52 pm
Hey there…just wondering about a RZ7.
I haven’t read through all of this, but can you run a Mechanical group set with this frame?
I have a campy record 12 disk mechanical group set that I want to use.
Yes, it is mechanical capable - although the gear cables will run externally so you lose some of the aero benefit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

After riding two seasons on my Time Skylon, I am considering selling for the RZ7. The Time is aesthetically beautiful, but it beats me up (70kg) on anything other than the smoothest roads. I hate to sell it, but I have a parlee Altum that rides great and is super comfortable and all the ride reviews on the RZ7 say it's as comfortable as the Altum. My Altum is my climbing bike at 5.88kg, but having two Parlee's both of the same matte black doesn't excite me much. I could keep the Time, but honestly I don't need two aero bikes. Not sure what to do.