Parlee RZ7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

asindc

by asindc

TLN wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:01 am
Some people posted it here, it fits and looks okay-ish: not ideal integration, but not terrible.
I read those posts again and I get the impression that the bike owner tried it on his own with no involvement from Parlee.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TLN

by TLN

asindc wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:36 pm
TLN wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:01 am
Some people posted it here, it fits and looks okay-ish: not ideal integration, but not terrible.
I read those posts again and I get the impression that the bike owner tried it on his own with no involvement from Parlee.
I watched all the reviews online and build docs and ended up with Orca instead: able to to move handlebar up and down in bigger range plus more convenient, 31.8 handlebar won it for me.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

Magnetize6932

by Magnetize6932

Parlee now makes a spacer specifically to use with the Pro Vibe Evo. $22 at their officially shop, and you can probably get it through their dealers as well: https://store.parleecycles.com/products ... evo-spacer

asindc

by asindc

Magnetize6932 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:13 pm
Parlee now makes a spacer specifically to use with the Pro Vibe Evo. $22 at their officially shop, and you can probably get it through their dealers as well: https://store.parleecycles.com/products ... evo-spacer
That is good to know, thanks.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Chuffed on these pro vibe bars. If you wrap the top it can be pretty bulky for better or worse tho.

Size is 40 x 105. Had to add almost 15mm of spacers to replicate OE bar stack. Getting the kedge mount to work was a Pita. Bolt spacing is only 17.5 mm. Had to drill a new hole. Getting the hoods high up can be difficult bc of how the hose port sticks out and how the bars are angled.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

couldn't really find a frame that checked all the boxes for a parlee replacement, so i just rebuilt the RZ7 with DA12, lighter wheels, and the pro vibe evo integrated bar from prior post. dropped weight from 8.0xkg to 7.6x kg. was hoping for a little bit under 7.6 but o well. less bar tape, lighter cpu mount, lighter saddle are really the only options left. went from 64mm reynolds on i9 hubs (the black label aero wheels) to dt swiss arc 1100 50mm on 180 hubs. swapped miche rotors for galfer rotors. miche rotors work better but are ~28-30g heavier each :(

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Saw theres a service bulletin in the most recent manual saying not to insert your seatpost more than 150mm (less for smaller frames) as it can damage the seatstay junction. I was at 170 depth on a large for a LONG time. Oops..

Last edited by FactoryMatt on Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

FactoryMatt wrote:Saw theres a service bulletin im the most recent manual saying not to insert your seatpost fore than 150mm (less for smaller frames) as it can damage the seatstay junction. I was at 170 depth on a large for a LONG time. Oops..

Thanks. I'll have to measure mine

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

pretty insane deal on XL framesets at ccache right now. has to be one of the most underrated frames on the market

https://ccache.cc/en-us/collections/cle ... inum-gloss

btw i have a pro vibe evo integrated bar/stem for sale (40cm x 105mm). going with a 38x115

prejitsu

by prejitsu

Anyone able to tell me what the parlee stem angle and stack height is? Looks to me like 6 degrees/50mm?

Also what heights are the included headset spacer caps? Any anyone able to tell me seatpost length on an XL frame?

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Negative 6 and Close to 38-40 I think. It's not 50 bc the stem cuts down under the top cover. Spacers are 5 10 and 20. Should come with plenty not sure max height tho. They give you 10mm of slack under that cover iirc where you use split spacers and can still raise if needed.

Email them for seatpost height. They have good support.

Magnetize6932

by Magnetize6932

New colors and builds for 2024: https://parleecycles.com/products/rz7

They are only offering SRAM builds now, and have also shifted to Zipp wheels from Enve. Interestingly, the Red and Force builds come with the PRO Vibe Evo one-piece as the stock option. Hopefully you'll be able to specify the size when ordering, like you could for the in-house bar and stem.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

looks good. big fan of the pro vibe bar now. etap makes the bike a little easier to build. who knows how their credit shook out with shimano during the restructure. it IS weird you get that shimano bar tho with all the sram lol.