Parlee RZ7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Yes you can. The callipers are all the same, only the methods of mounting are different.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

StiffWeenies wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:33 pm
Yes you can. The callipers are all the same, only the methods of mounting are different.
great, thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

StiffWeenies wrote:Yes you can. The callipers are all the same, only the methods of mounting are different.
Well I'm at my witts end with these calipers. So I switched the calipers around like you said and have the 140 caliper with 160 rotor on front. I've bled the line using the campy oil fill tool and all feels fine when I grab caliper. I put pads back in and mounted wheel. As soon as I try and spin wheel, it's rubbing bad on pads. If I grab brake lever it pulls nearly all the way back to bars. Spinning wheel is now even harder. I did the same procedure on the back wheel using the 160 caliper with same result. Wth?

The only way I had this working right was when I was using 140 caliper with 140 rotor on rear wheel. Everything spun nicely.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

caballero

by caballero

jzinckgra wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:35 pm
StiffWeenies wrote:Yes you can. The callipers are all the same, only the methods of mounting are different.
Well I'm at my witts end with these calipers. So I switched the calipers around like you said and have the 140 caliper with 160 rotor on front. I've bled the line using the campy oil fill tool and all feels fine when I grab caliper. I put pads back in and mounted wheel. As soon as I try and spin wheel, it's rubbing bad on pads. If I grab brake lever it pulls nearly all the way back to bars. Spinning wheel is now even harder. I did the same procedure on the back wheel using the 160 caliper with same result. Wth?

The only way I had this working right was when I was using 140 caliper with 140 rotor on rear wheel. Everything spun nicely.

I think you need someone else to work on your bike.

Serkie

by Serkie

Little update from me.

3D printed Go-Pro action mount that i'm using for a Bontrager front light. Mount available from Raceware Direct (UK).

Photos (yes, I need to clean the bike!):

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Multirider wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:47 pm
Prototype installed, I’ve asked him if he can lower it another 5mm and lengthen 5mm for a bit more access to the Garmin buttons. He is willing to do custom lengths if you’re interested.
Can you pass along the person doing these custom mounts, thanks.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Finally got mine on the road yesterday. Rides great, similar to my Altum in terms of smoothness and ability to tame the road chatter. The front end seems quite sensitive to road input but that might have been due to some crosswinds and the WTO 60s.
20220405_182900.jpg
20220405_182822.jpg

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

johnnyle123 wrote:Parlee have a new lower mount for the Rz7 that looks a lot sleeker. I've managed to use a barfly gopro accessory mount underneath both the old and new mounts without any issues.
My parlee mount keeps slipping when I have my karoo mounted. I tightened the screw pretty tight and as soon as I hit some road chatter, the mount starts to slip downward

twain

by twain

I just put a deposit down on a Factory Edition and can't wait.
Like others, though, I'm conflicted. Though this has a relatively low frame weight, why does it always seem to build out to around 17.5 lbs (8KG)?
This build will be SRAM Red E-tap with Hunt 35 Carbon Aeros (1357 grams) so hopefully it will skate under 17 lbs (7711).

My current ride is a 2011 Cervelo S3 (1050 gram frame) which was featured in Pez: https://pezcyclingnews.com/readersrigs/ ... ervelo-s3/
I upgraded it with Lekki8 brakes as well
https://www.roadbikereview.com/threads/ ... ew.381565/
Needless to say, it is an amazing aero road bike that comes in at 14 lbs.
I love the wheelset; the FSEs are truly amazing - light, stiff and they accelerate quickly. It is such a bummer that FSE is no longer. That said on long steep braking I do worry because of carbon + rim brake.

I also have a 2019 Parlee TTiR with Force and Red and Hed Vanquish 4/8's for triathlons. The bike is beautifully made (though difficult to wrench on). It is a relative tank at 20 lbs (9KG). Comparing the Parlee to the Cervelo is night and day. The Cervelo is vertically very stiff meaning it sort of oscillates on uneven roads; it's fatiguing after 50 miles. Meanwhile the Parlee has a much smoother ride quality. When turning the Parlee is laterally much stiffer and "connected" feeling; relatively speaking it tends toward oversteer while the Cervelo tends toward understeer. I think that's in part due to the relatively massive axles that tie the wheels to the frame more securely. Interestingly on short punchy climbs I have recorded better times on the Parlee versus the S3 despite the 6lb weight difference; I think it transmits power more effectively.

My prediction is the RZ7 will be much more comfortable and will descend better than the Cervelo. However on climbs longer than 20 mins I think it will be slower than the S3. But likely I will like riding the RZ7 more in general.

In sum, the S3 was the rare aero bike that could be built weight-weenie. The RX7 is a modern aero bike that is competitvely light at a price that is signficantly less than a Specialized S-Works Tarmac and a lot better looking (IMO) than a similarly equipped Cervelo S5.

Will post pics and ride review, hopefully, in a month or so.
1986 Nishiki International https://pezcyclingnews.com/readersrigs/ ... rnational/
2011 Cervelo S3 https://pezcyclingnews.com/readersrigs/ ... ervelo-s3/
2019 Parlee TTiR
2022 Parlee RZ7 Factory Edition (#6)

twain

by twain

Got the RZ7 a few weeks ago. First ride was a gravel adventure. Commically I used HedJet 50's because I have a 10-33 cogset and 28mm tires. The bike was tremendous even in the off-road conditions. Not surprising, though, got 2 pinch flats. The bike is SRAM Red etap; 50/37 with Hunt 35 wheels (claimed weight 1357 grams; actual with rim strips 1420) and Specialized S-Works 28mm turbo tires with the talc'd tubes. With 10-28 cassette, 7910 grams (17.44). With 10-33 cassette, 7940 (17.5).
The bike handles incredibly well and the ride quality is sublimely smooth. Descending is a game changer; I am setting new PRs. Interestingly the front end does seem to get blown around by crosswinds even though the wheels are only 35mm deep. Climbing is going to take some getting used to. It feels more responsive (and fun) when pushing lower cadence. I have to get used to spinning. The 10-33 should help with that. This said, on the S3 I have an 11-28 and don't feel the need for more gears.
1986 Nishiki International https://pezcyclingnews.com/readersrigs/ ... rnational/
2011 Cervelo S3 https://pezcyclingnews.com/readersrigs/ ... ervelo-s3/
2019 Parlee TTiR
2022 Parlee RZ7 Factory Edition (#6)

TLN

by TLN

Looking for a feedack on that frame. Seems very intesting: aero and comfy. Not so sure about overly complicated stem system, unusual steerer diameter and handlebar diameter.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

kode54

by kode54

Have you browsed this topic? There’s 190 posts here. Surely there’s something that will answer your question.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Musiker

by Musiker

What initially made med drop all thoughts of swapping my trusty old Z5 (Riding it 12 years now) for a RZ7 was that I could not agree with the choice of handlebar and stem that they selected, but I saw somewhere that Parlee will start to offer it with pro vibe bar/stem and that looks better to me... In the meantime I have also noticed the Enve Melee - I'm wondering if anyone have any idea how those two frames compare ? or considered either as an option?

asindc

by asindc

Musiker wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:21 am
What initially made med drop all thoughts of swapping my trusty old Z5 (Riding it 12 years now) for a RZ7 was that I could not agree with the choice of handlebar and stem that they selected, but I saw somewhere that Parlee will start to offer it with pro vibe bar/stem and that looks better to me... In the meantime I have also noticed the Enve Melee - I'm wondering if anyone have any idea how those two frames compare ? or considered either as an option?
Where did you see that Parlee is offering the Pro Vibe bar/stem with the RZ7?

TLN

by TLN

Some people posted it here, it fits and looks okay-ish: not ideal integration, but not terrible.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com