S-Works Roubaix 2019 (2020) ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Weight of 56cm with pedals now down to 7.06kg. Details below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Wow! Crazy light. My 57 Team Edition is a full 400g heavier. The wheels are 150g lighter and the Dura Ace another 100-150g, but besides that, I don't know how mine still 100g heavier, even with the super light bar (159g) and stem(89g).
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

Beancouter

by Beancouter

FlatlandClimber wrote:Wow! Crazy light. My 57 Team Edition is a full 400g heavier. The wheels are 150g lighter and the Dura Ace another 100-150g, but besides that, I don't know how mine still 100g heavier, even with the super light bar (159g) and stem(89g).
I think I might have said somewhere earlier in the thread, it is quite a lot of 20/30g here and there, eg rotors, bottle cages, pedals, inner tubes, chain, saddle.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Beancouter wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:43 pm
FlatlandClimber wrote:Wow! Crazy light. My 57 Team Edition is a full 400g heavier. The wheels are 150g lighter and the Dura Ace another 100-150g, but besides that, I don't know how mine still 100g heavier, even with the super light bar (159g) and stem(89g).
I think I might have said somewhere earlier in the thread, it is quite a lot of 20/30g here and there, eg rotors, bottle cages, pedals, inner tubes, chain, saddle.

Still doesn't add up for me...
My saddle is also a padded Berk Dila, same rotors, lighter tires, heavier tubes, bottle cages are 15g heavier in total, pedals are 20g heavier, chain -idk.
I have more and heavier bar tape and before my CarbonWorks Mount finally arrives I have a heavier Mount (49g). Also, my Seat post is probably a little heavier, being the 450mm. Idk if the CeramicSpeed BB is heavier than yours, the CeramicSpeed OSPW probably adds some weight.
Then again, my bar and stem are considerably lighter... if I went all out on my bike, I could get it sub 7200g (tubolitos, Darimo Seat Post, Nanogram Pedals, lighter bar tape, CarbonWorks bottle cage at the front, CarbonWorks mount). So I am really surprised your built is this light.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Check out the build sheet - pretty much of all of the weights are verified so you can see where the difference is... alternatively share your build with me and I will do it for you.... I love a spreadsheet (check out username!)!!

TiBikeNut

by TiBikeNut

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:45 pm
There's not much you can do... you've chosen a bike, that is by its nature, heavy.... Its got all of the comfort bits built and those add weight. The areas that you can save weight would be tires, saddle, stem, bar... really that's about it. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a pound though, especially if you don't want to sacrifice comfort or durability on roads that are a bit more abusive.

That is a beautiful bike, by the way. I love that color scheme. In some countries, they offered the Tarmac in that same scheme, if they did in the US, I'd be on it.

Thanks and I'm in Chicago. It's still available on the specialized site and at local dealers.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

What do I need to convert my rear 160mm rotor to 140mm?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Possibly Nothing, just remove the spacer. Need to make sure the mounting bolts are the correct length.

TiBikeNut

by TiBikeNut

TiBikeNut wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:45 pm
There's not much you can do... you've chosen a bike, that is by its nature, heavy.... Its got all of the comfort bits built and those add weight. The areas that you can save weight would be tires, saddle, stem, bar... really that's about it. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a pound though, especially if you don't want to sacrifice comfort or durability on roads that are a bit more abusive.

That is a beautiful bike, by the way. I love that color scheme. In some countries, they offered the Tarmac in that same scheme, if they did in the US, I'd be on it.

Thanks and I'm in Chicago. It's still available on the specialized site and at local dealers.
I’m year and half with my custom red and grey sworks Roubaix. Frame + sram red etap axs and rival terra cx wheels.

Right around 17 pounds.

For 2022 I’m swapping in rival rapide carbon handlebars for current Al bars. Replacing ROUBAIX PRO 2BLISS (375 grams) for Continental Grand Prix 4-Season Special Edition Black (250 grams)

Hoping i save 1/2 pound when I’m done with other tweaks. Plus 200 of those grams are rotational!

Can’t wait for spring!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

athletic91

by athletic91

A mate has a spare sl6 disc fork lying around, could it fit in my roubaix to save some weight? i do not mind buying a new headset and heatset cover