S-Works Roubaix 2019 (2020) ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:28 pm
Mikedb wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:17 pm
If you can't add future shock 2.0 to lower end models, that means the pro and expert have different designs than comp and sport, while both using fact 10 layup.
maybe its not a function of the frame, but rather the fork?
Good point.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

I was able to get the new Future shop 2.0. Installed it on my Diverge. Fit no problem. Much smoother, lockout is fantastic.
It’s completely compatible in my mind. Specilized probably wouldn’t approve
Attachments
0AD75627-D08D-470C-B862-5D316EC9C392.jpeg

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

1swiftvelo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:39 am
I was able to get the new Future shop 2.0. Installed it on my Diverge. Fit no problem. Much smoother, lockout is fantastic.

Can you explain the process of how you accomplished this?

The two dealers I spoke with both stated it was impossible, but apparently it's not.

egogo

by egogo

1swiftvelo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:39 am
Yeah, in manual cartridge looked pretty much the same except for the stem shim. Did you get a full kit with shims and covers? What was the price?

Thank you

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

I pulled out Future Shox 1.0 and installed Future shock 2.0. That’s it. I do work in a shop that sells specialized. The kit comes with the shims needed to use any stem, will need to order the new top caps if you want the cleaner look. The new top caps are a little different from gen one Roubaix/Diverge.
. Retail will depend on your dealer. They aren’t cheap, worth the upgrade though.

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

1swiftvelo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:39 pm
I pulled out Future Shox 1.0 and installed Future shock 2.0. That’s it. I do work in a shop that sells specialized. The kit comes with the shims needed to use any stem, will need to order the new top caps if you want the cleaner look. The new top caps are a little different from gen one Roubaix/Diverge.
. Retail will depend on your dealer. They aren’t cheap, worth the upgrade though.
Well that's good to know.

I talked to specialized as well as two local dealers and all of them said it was impossible due to different design.

Outside of getting people to purchase a new Roubaix, I wonder why everyone was so sure that the new Future Shock 2.0 wouldn't work on lower end 2020 Roubaix and last gen Roubaix/Diverge.

Also could you give a ballpark as to how much to Future Shock 2.0 kit would cost?
Last edited by Ride4Life on Wed May 01, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

I'll monitor this thread to see if anyone post a pic of both 2.0 and 1.0 Future Shocks.

I'm interested in how close they look to each other.

I also got to figure out how I can get a shop to sell me the kit by itself.

Discodan

by Discodan

Mikedb wrote:
1swiftvelo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:39 pm
Well that's good to know.

I talked to specialized as well as two local dealers and all of them said it was impossible due to different design.

Outside of getting people to purchase a new Roubaix, I wonder why everyone was so sure that the new Future Shock 2.0 wouldn't work on lower end 2020 Roubaix and last gen Roubaix/Diverge.

Also could you give a ballpark as to how much to Future Shock 2.0 kit would cost?
There was an interesting point on this in the Cycling Tips interview/podcast/advertorial of the new Roubaix, where they were interviewing the engineers who designed the new bike. When asked if Futureshock 2 worked in the previous gen bikes the answer was no, but the reason they gave was that they had not tested it and did not have the time to properly test it in the old frame.

The inference being it fits just fine but they’re not willing to rubber stamp it; whether that is protecting their asses, a genuine desire not to spent money testing old products, or a capitalist consipary to force upgrades is open for diccussion. Over to you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

Mikedb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:57 pm
I'll monitor this thread to see if anyone post a pic of both 2.0 and 1.0 Future Shocks.

I'm interested in how close they look to each other.

I also got to figure out how I can get a shop to sell me the kit by itself.
The bottoms are the same. The top portion is what’s different. That why you need the stem they designed or the shim that comes with the future shox 2.0.

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

Here’s the part number.
This is the 2.0 not the 1.5 it says on the bag. The part number is the one from the S Works frameset.
It comes with the dial for the top and shim to use regular stem. That’s all.
Depending on the shop Retail is probably $500. Considered the old ones were $300 and this has a 500 hour life.
Attachments
D1BF7A7E-58FC-4C66-A355-19BA3DE26D2C.jpeg

egogo

by egogo

1swiftvelo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:16 am
Here’s the part number.
This is the 2.0 not the 1.5 it says on the bag. The part number is the one from the S Works frameset.
Depending on the shop Retail is probably $500. Considered the old ones were $300 and this has a 500 hour life.
Thanks!

Just called a local bike shop and asked, they say they can't see it on dealers site, but told me to periodically check with them.

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

egogo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:57 am
1swiftvelo wrote:
Here’s the part number.
Thanks!

Just called a local bike shop and asked, they say they can't see it on dealers site, but told me to periodically check with them.
Call them back. They need to email their service rep. They have stock.

egogo

by egogo

1swiftvelo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:35 am
egogo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:57 am
1swiftvelo wrote:
Here’s the part number.
Thanks!

Call them back. They need to email their service rep. They have stock.
Got it, thanks!

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

1swiftvelo wrote:
Here’s the part number.
Thx bro....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

1swiftvelo wrote:
This is the 2.0 ... and this has a 500 hour life.
:shock: The Future Shock is a $500 consumable? Like a chain, brake pads, etc? If you ride 10 hours per week, you should replace this thing every year? That's nuts.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.